The Islander
Nemo (Acoustic)
Last of the Wilds
Planet Hell
Ghost River
Over the Hills and Far Away
Song of Myself
Last Ride of the Day

Awesome show!!! Besides Rush and Alice Cooper, Nightwish has the most crystal clear live mix i've ever heard. This was my third time seeing them and each time the sound has been great. The band played great and the crowd was into it from the start singing along with pretty much everything. Anette sounded a lot better than on the DPP tour and she's really found her groove when it comes to singing and stage presence now. I didn't think she was that bad on the last tour but she's really upped her live game since then.

The only down spots for me were Slow, Love, Slow and the acoustic version of Nemo. Nobody cared much for SLS and just stood there and did nothing and there was hardly any singing along with it. Why they've choosen to do that song every show over the vastly better Turn Loose The Mermaids i'll never know. The acoustic version of Nemo was as crappy as I thought it would be. The crowd didn't like it either, I think it was mainly shock due to what they were doing with the song. There was hardly a reaction for this version, not a lot of singing along either. The song has such a power to it and by doing it this way it lost everything it had and everyone in the crowd knew it and the vibe was just bad for it. There was no magic to it and no crowd energy at all, as opposed to the other two times i've seen them where the reaction was great for it. Anette, I love you but damn you for suggesting to the band to play Nemo this way and damn the rest of the band even further for going along with it

The first three songs in the set are easily among the best trio of songs i've ever witnessed to open a show. The energy in the crowd was off the charts and Anette was drowned out by everyone singing along. 7DTTW was a nice little surprise. I know they've played on a couple shows so far but that spot is where Scaretale usually goes. I was fine with that since I like 7 Days better. WIHAA, Amaranth, The Siren, The Islander and Nemo (the real version goddammit) are the only songs in the set i've seen them do before. So it was nice to see a show where most of the songs played I hadn't heard before live. Planet Hell and Ghost River were awesome back to back, it was like getting hit over the head with a frying pan twice hearing those songs together.

They didn't break for an encore. Right after Over The Hills they went right into Song Of Myself. The show was running late so i'm guessing that's why they did that. The doors opened at 7 and we arrived there around 730 and the line to get in was massive still. It turns out that a lot of people were like me and got their tickets off enterthevault.com for this show and they don't ship tickets at all. You need to print out your order confirmation and bring it with you. This slowed up the line greatly because they needed to divide people up as they entered between who had actually tickets and who didn't.

The show started a bit late because of this, but by the time we got in, Kamelot was already half way through their set. Now they're a band i've heard about for a long time but for whatever reason I never got around to listening to them. Well, after last night that's changed and they've immediately jumped to number one on my list of bands to check out next. Really good performance by them.

I read that Nightwish is just doing this one North American tour and that's it for this album. I hope that's not true, or if it is they change their minds because I can't wait to see them again.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:20 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Whaaaaaaaat?? 7 Days? Dear god please let that stay till next Thursday. My fav track of Dark Passion Play. I listened to that on my way to work. Must have been a sign!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Whaaaaaaaat?? 7 Days? Dear god please let that stay till next Thursday. My fav track of Dark Passion Play. I listened to that on my way to work. Must have been a sign!!!!!!!!!
That's one of those songs they've been rotating in an out along with The Siren and Dead To The World. So it's hard to say if you'll get it or not, it seems to pop up every three or four shows.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's one of those songs they've been rotating in an out along with The Siren and Dead To The World. So it's hard to say if you'll get it or not, it seems to pop up every three or four shows.
Maybe I just haven't paid attention to more sets but this is the first I recall seeing 7 Days was in there. Perhaps I might have some research to do.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Maybe I just haven't paid attention to more sets but this is the first I recall seeing 7 Days was in there. Perhaps I might have some research to do.
It looks like I may have been wrong on that. According to setlist fm the only other show it's been played at so far this year was in Philadelphia. For some reason I thought it was played here and there in Europe early this year, but I guess not.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It looks like I may have been wrong on that. According to setlist fm the only other show it's been played at so far this year was in Philadelphia. For some reason I thought it was played here and there in Europe early this year, but I guess not.
Hmmm. Well in a way hopefully that is a good sign that it will stay in then.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm. Well in a way hopefully that is a good sign that it will stay in then.
It was in the set for last night's show to, so maybe it will stay? I must say it was a nice surprise that they played it. I love the song but the bridge in it was awesome to hear live. That's my favorite part of the song

Tags
nightwish