Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
N00B

jbl is now doing commentary great move!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Concert Veteran

I hope Lawler never comes back. Ross and JBL are such a huge step up on commentary it's not even funny. It won't last though, since it's more important to Vince to have Lawler's bland useless commentary and pickering with Cole then actually putting over the wrestlers and making everything seem important.

JBL did more to build CM Punk in two shows than Lawer or Cole have done in the last year. That's how you do commentary, you build up the wreslters and you make what they're doing sound like the most important event in the world. That's how you get the crowd to buy into everything. JR and JBL know how to do this as good as any commentators ever have. It's a shame it won't last though, Night Of Cahmpions and RAW had such an exciting and fresh feel to them because of the change at commentary. JBL absoultely owned both shows and his commentary made you wanna watch.

I love how JBL also went into some of the wrerstlers history and brought up their past accomplishments. Not only their accomplishments in WWE but he also mentioned what Sin Cara won in Mexico and what Tensai did in Japan. That's how you make the wrestlers credible, run down every accolade they've gained in their careers no matter what organization it happened in. It might actually get fans to care a little bit more about the performer in the ring, imagine that?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I didn't see JBL doing commentary the last two shows but I remember on Smackdown he was a little over the top for me. But a change is always good.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

King is god awful and I totally agree with sanitarium78, keep JBL and JR or at least one of em. JBL owning Cole!
Tough Mudder-10/26
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

I miss Jerry when he was all about "PUPPIES!!!!!!" Damn you PG.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I miss Jerry when he was all about "PUPPIES!!!!!!" Damn you PG.
King's commentary doesn't suck because of PG, it's sucked for almost 20 years now. He was never any good at it and it amazes me that he's been this useless at his job for this long and still manages to keep it. Seriously, when was the last time Lawler got you excited for anything? That's the job of an announcer in wrestling and he's failed miserably ever since he started. His jokes are crony and lame and he adds nothing to the matches.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
King's commentary doesn't suck because of PG, it's sucked for almost 20 years now. He was never any good at it and it amazes me that he's been this useless at his job for this long and still manages to keep it. Seriously, when was the last time Lawler got you excited for anything? That's the job of an announcer in wrestling and he's failed miserably ever since he started. His jokes are crony and lame and he adds nothing to the matches.
Armaggedon 1999
WWF Divas Pool Match

King knew what was up

But yes, overall, he was never that great. They need JBL to be full time, he is a great commentator.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
D.B.B.

Bring back Joey Styles!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
"PUPPIES!!" "PUPPIES". Sorry, the moment I read this post that was the first thing that popped in my head. That's probably lawlers signature quote
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
"PUPPIES!!" "PUPPIES". Sorry, the moment I read this post that was the first thing that popped in my head. That's probably lawlers signature quote
Lawler didn't even come up with that. Shocking I know, that the boring and bland commentator who's never had anything useful to say got his signature quote from somebody else.

The Road Dogg was the one who came up "puppies". I can't remember if it was Sable or Debra but Road Dogg was cutting a promo in the ring while one of the divas was in the ring with him and he told her something like "to take off that top so we can see your puppies". Then King decided to steal it because he's not original enough to come up with his own signature line. Well, that's enough trashing of the greatest minor league wrestler of all time.

I think after a few months that the WWE is actually figuring out how make these three hour RAW's pretty decent. There seems to be less time filling now and more focus on building up the midcard guys which is a very good thing. Look at what's happening with the tag titles now that Kane and Bryan have them. The belts are actually a main focus and the long dead WWE tag team divison looks to be getting rejuvinated quite a bit from this. Hopefully they'll let Kane and Bryan run with this for awhile because it's really helping out the division so far.

"I'm the tag team champions!!!"