Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014

Old 07-14-2012, 06:52 PM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
From what my friend has played of the beta he said it no longer feels like a horror game. It is just now a straight up action game.

Also no more herbs = health. This new one is regenerative health.
Leon's gameplay looks like a horror game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTtlftZiM1s

And no, there are herbs but the system is played out differently, you have a couple blocks of health that deplete when damaged that need to be replenished by herbs in order to recover fully.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
From what my friend has played of the beta he said it no longer feels like a horror game. It is just now a straight up action game.
RE5 was already a straight up action game.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 PM
not the mama

I also do have my doubts about this game. At first I liked how they just announced it with a full trailer with barely any information that the game was even in development, and that it would be coming out so soon. But based on the gameplay, the game looks rushed, they even moved the release date over a month sooner than originally planned. I like the idea that there are 3 different stories with what seems to be different gameplay in each, this could lead to an amazing game if done properly but overall again I feel like the game was rushed and the stories won't be too long.

I have also stopped watching anything about this game ever since E3 gameplay since they have been giving away so much that I'm just hoping to get some surprises from the game when I actually play it.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I like the idea that there are 3 different stories with what seems to be different gameplay in each, this could lead to an amazing game if done properly
Three different storylines is great. Three different styles of gameplay? No, lame. When I play an RE game, I want to play an RE game. Not three different games because they're trying to widen the appeal or some shit. I actually liked what they did with 4 and 5, but this isn't like them. It's like ORC, which everyone knows was pointless crap.

I have a feeling I'm only going to like Leon's storyline.

And haven't they learnt yet that co-op in RE is shit? It's only failed twice times in a row. Guess they're aiming for strike three.

Also expect them to do what they did with ORC by releasing only half the game and making us pay again for DLC to complete it.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull

Last edited by ravenheart; 07-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 PM
not the mama

The demo is out today if you have a Gold xbox live account. It was supposed to be out on PSN since 12PM but I see nothing
Old 09-18-2012, 09:40 PM
not the mama

Just played Leon's demo. I like the new inventory system and the way you can switch weapons and items, they really made it simple and quick here. You can interact with just about everything but it surprisingly felt simple and nothing got in the way. I underestimated the play through at least, I was quick to dispose of all of my ammo since they gave me so much but there is a huge amount of zombies. I actually didn't hate it as much as I thought I did but the demo showed that Leon's story is really not as horror aimed as earlier footage tried to show. My biggest complaint was actually the camera, it's way too close to Leon's back and I didn't find any way of adjusting it, hopefully there is in the full game.

EDIT: Chris's gameplay was pretty much just a Gears of War wannabe. There's this mini boss that even looks too ridiculous to be from Resident Evil.

Last edited by ShatteredFlame; 09-18-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
EDIT: Chris's gameplay was pretty much just a Gears of War wannabe. There's this mini boss that even looks too ridiculous to be from Resident Evil.
reading that makes me

I miss the old Resident Evil games that involved lots of thinking and epic puzzle to solves while being stuck in a fucked up laboratory filled with crazy demonic grass hoper creatures, tyrants, lickers, zombies and zombie dogs. Oh man I had some classic times with Resident Evil 2, 3, and remake, including the original for PS1. Now it's just a straight up shooter with no puzzles or anything, what so ever. Oh, and resident evil 5 fucking sucked. Yeah yeah, I know some people on this board enjoyed it, but to each his own...to each his own..
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Jesus, the number of things to earn in this game is insane. Achievements, medals, web medals, web badges, skills, dog tags, figures, files...

So yeah, only played Leon's campaign so far, and I like that. It's like RE 4 and 5, so win there.

Haven't tried Chris or this new Jake dude yet. Nor have I tried Leon's campaign as the girl.

The melee combat is much better though, and the stamina thing, or whatever it is, makes things slightly more interesting. The way herbs are handled is much better too, even if they still can't pronounce the word properly.

Anyone buy the insane special edition with the leather jacket? That's like 900 here.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull

Last edited by ravenheart; 11-30-2012 at 02:21 PM.