System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
They dont promote that great.
Which is sad because I remember back in the day, the mid 80s/early 90s, they used to run advertising spots all the time on when they were coming to the area. They used to have a spot every week on Prime Time Wrestling where they would advertise the upcoming shows. Weather it was here in Buffalo, Rochester or up in Canada like Toronto, St Chatherines or Hamilton, they would always let you know through radio and TV commercials when they would be in the genreal region. Obviously, the internet doesn't make that as much of a necessity now but it would still be nice to see/hear some advertising about an upcoming show. Especially when you consider how much money the WWE has, they can certainly afford a little bit to promote shows.

It was the same during the attitude era. There were commercials not only on RAW and Smackdown for local shows, but during other TV programs and a lot of radio advertisment. I read that Smackdown shows have been poorly attented for the last few years. If they do so little marketing for the brand nationwide, it's easy to see why that is.

The latest on Lawler is he suffered a heart attack and from the reports I read it appears as if he was clinically dead for a bit at the arena and they brought him back with difribulators backstage. He got some stents put in his body to help expand his viens and blood flow. It seems he's doing a lot better now and there was talk of him being sent home soon. The lesson here is, don't have a 62 year old man compete in a match with guys who are 30 years younger and in peak physical shape.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Yeah I went to a Smackdown house show in Hammond Indiana maybe a year and a half ago and it wasn't packed. They just had the wrestlers walking from behind a curtain. No presentation at all. It was like a low level indy show look. Still good matches.

And Dec.26th is a Smackdown house show in Chicago. At the same place they just did the sold out LIVE Raw show.

I don't see the small level house show selling it out. Might still attend though.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Boredom...Night of Champions Predictions: Bold=winners indent=who I'd like to win

Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena
Layla (c) vs. Kaitlyn
Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Ryback(Preshow Battle Royal winner)
R-Truth and Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
The Miz (c) vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara

This cards looks okay. Wrestling wise Punk and Cena( Punk losing though will suck ) will prob deliver and Orton/Ziggler, Tag Team, and Fatal Four Way should be solid. Del Rio really needs to move on that story is boring now and he doesn't seem like a threat now Barrett should get involved in World Title situation after this PPV, US Title Match who cares, and Fatal Four Way: Miz is boring, Mysterio is too banged up, Cara is a botch master, and Rhodes is a good wrestler who really needs a gimmick change. Too soon to put titles on D-Bry/Kane though it would be cool, Divas division who cares, and Ziggler needs a win over Orton.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:27 AM
N00B

[quote=XDoomsayerX;488068]Boredom...Night of Champions Predictions: Bold=winners indent=who I'd like to win

CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena

Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Ryback(Preshow Battle Royal winner)
R-Truth and Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan

I agree with you on most but cm punk will walk out champ, randy orton will beat ziggler, ryback will win us championship and kane and bryan will become tag champs
Old 09-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Orton and Punk will win no doubt.

Also I dont see Kane And Bryan winning. R Truth and Kingston are a good tag team and I see Kane and Bran losing then going back to feuding.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Concert Veteran

PPV predictions sounds like a fun thing to do every month.

Battle Royal for US title Shot: Zack Ryder wins.

US Title match: Cesaro over Ryder.

Cesaro just won the title and it looks like the WWE might be trying to do something with him, so he won't lose the belt this soon. Ryder will give him a good match and will have the crowd behind him. Could be the start of a nice little feud if they decided to go this way.

Diva's title: Layla wins.

It looks like Layla and Eve will be the next feud for the belt so there's no reason for her to lose it here. Plus, how hot Layla is should be reason enough for her to keep the title until she retires.

IC title fatal fourway: Miz wins.

This should be a fun match. Miz has been pretty good in the ring since coming back and becoming IC champ. Cody is good in the ring but really has nothing else to offer in anyway. The masked midgets will do all their flippity floppity high flying stuff to keep the match exciting but they'll be better off as a tag team. I think Miz is gonna get fed to Ryback eventually and that's who he'll drop the title to.

Tag titles: Kane & Bryan win.

All four guys in this match know what they're doing and it will no doubt be a good one. The WWE is just plain out stupid if they don't have Kane and Bryan win. They've been trying to give the tag team division a spark for awhile now but nothing has worked. Bryan and Kane as champs will give it that spark they need, not to mention give instant credibility to the tag titles. For some reason Kofi and Truth haven't really done much as tag champs. Which is strange considering how charismatic and good they are in the ring, especially Kofi who I think is very underrated. Let Kane and Bryan run with the belts for a bit and maybe have Kofi and Truth go their seperate ways and get involved in the IC or US title hunt.

Orton Vs Ziggler: Orton wins.

I know Ziggler should win this but he won't since the WWE has a history of treating some of their money in the bank winners like shit before they push them. This will be a very good match, too bad the right guy won't win.

World title: Sheamus wins.

Please just fuckin end this awful feud already. Sheamus and Del Rio have put on some good matches with each other already and this should be no different. It's just the storyline has gotten really dumb now and it's time for both of them to move onto something else. Hoepfully Sheamus can start something with Wade Barrett or Ziggler after this. Tuning Orton heel and having him feud with Sheamus isn't the worst idea in the world either.

WWE title: Punk wins.

Punk will drop the belt to Cena eventually, i'm thinking at Survivor Series. But with Punk's recent turn and alignment with Heyman it's too soon to make the title change yet. Oh yeah, where has Big Show been the last few weeks? Just like Punk is now, Show used to be a "Paul Heyman guy" awhile back. I predict he will renew his old relationship with Heyman and help Punk retain the belt.

Overall, it looks like it will be a good card. At least we don't have to see Triple H crush the momentum of a rising star like he did at last years NOC when he beat Punk and completely fucked him over.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 09-15-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Kane/D-Bry is a hard call. Thety could win it, but a WWE house show for here is advertising Kane vs D-Bry in a cage match

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 09-15-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
PPV predictions sounds like a fun thing to do every month.

-Cesaro just won the title and it looks like the WWE might be trying to do something with him, so he won't lose the belt this soon.

-It looks like Layla and Eve will be the next feud for the belt so there's no reason for her to lose it here. Plus, how hot Layla is should be reason enough for her to keep the title until she retires.

-I think Miz is gonna get fed to Ryback eventually and that's who he'll drop the title to.

-Bryan and Kane as champs will give it that spark they need, not to mention give instant credibility to the tag titles.

-I know Ziggler should win this but he won't since the WWE has a history of treating some of their money in the bank winners like shit before they push them. This will be a very good match, too bad the right guy won't win.

-Please just fuckin end this awful feud already. Sheamus and Del Rio have put on some good matches with each other already and this should be no different. It's just the storyline has gotten really dumb now and it's time for both of them to move onto something else. Hoepfully Sheamus can start something with Wade Barrett or Ziggler after this. Tuning Orton heel and having him feud with Sheamus isn't the worst idea in the world either.

-Punk will drop the belt to Cena eventually

-Overall, it looks like it will be a good card. At least we don't have to see Triple H crush the momentum of a rising star like he did at last years NOC when he beat Punk and completely fucked him over.
I'm down for predictions every month. Also I agree with all these points here. You're Big Show point is pretty good, never thought of that actually. Good way to turn Punk full heel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Kane/D-Bry is a hard call. Thety could win it, but a WWE house show for here is advertising Kane vs D-Bry in a cage match
Probably made that before current storyline or just a dark match.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:06 PM
with his arms outstretched

They'd be stupid to put the belt on Cena at this point of his career. So yeah, he's winning.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM

D-Bry/Kane are champs, Punks is still the best in the world, and Eve() is champ. All is well