Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I've only heard 1 Danny Brown song and I hated it, but I've heard so many good things that I will probably give him another shot.
He's definitely the type of rapper that slowly grows on you. Didn't think much of his record XXX when I first heard it, then I decided to binge it and now I love everything about it. The dude has so much potential. He changes his style so frequently and he is great in doing so to keep things fresh.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Do shows really go on until 4am out there??
I've had shows go out till 1 am before(at the same venue this it at). I was completely shocked to see this end at 4am though, its ridiculous. It's just this venue though, others end around 11-12pm. Unfortunately this venue has a lot of good shows, this, Disma, Eyehategod, Weedeater, etc.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Rats off to ya

I'm trying not to be too bummed about missing Descendents tonight. Hopefully i'll get another chance. I'm probably gonna buy my Devin Townsend/Katatonia tickets sometime in the next couple days.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM
beware of the quiet one

Primordial tonight! We're almost there I believe.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I've had shows go out till 1 am before(at the same venue this it at). I was completely shocked to see this end at 4am though, its ridiculous. It's just this venue though, others end around 11-12pm. Unfortunately this venue has a lot of good shows, this, Disma, Eyehategod, Weedeater, etc.
I'm sure it's just a mistake then. I doubt the show will go that late. Why don't you call the venue the day of to see what the set times are. There are a few shitty venues in LA that have had the headliners go on super late, like around 1:30 or 2am, but not 3am. I did hear a story once where Crowbar went on at 3:30am in NOLA, buts that it...
Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

GNR is playing the acoustic Bridge School Benefit, which would be interesting to see, but I doubt I'll end up going.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I'm sure it's just a mistake then. I doubt the show will go that late. Why don't you call the venue the day of to see what the set times are. There are a few shitty venues in LA that have had the headliners go on super late, like around 1:30 or 2am, but not 3am. I did hear a story once where Crowbar went on at 3:30am in NOLA, buts that it...
I know Steel Panther doesn't go on in Vegas on the Strip till ike 130am or something.

Latest show I've been to was Anvil and that got over at like 140am or something.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I know Steel Panther doesn't go on in Vegas on the Strip till ike 130am or something.

Latest show I've been to was Anvil and that got over at like 140am or something.
Well that makes sense cause its Vegas. People like to party all night there.

I've been to a few super late shows. I saw Stapled Shut at a bar in LA and they went on around 1:40am and played until around 2am. I saw Digitalism go on at 1am and play until after 2am. I hate when bands go on that late.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get to the Alston Skeletonwitch show due to my lack of a license (I could get there no problem, but I would be stranded at the subway station about 15-20 minutes from my house once the show got out). I'm fairly sure I'm going to the show down in Pawtucket with my buddy the following night. It's a shame too because it would've really cool to meet you (Though I've been to the same show as a few people on here, I've not met anyone that posts here in person before.)
Aw, crap. Seriously? That's too bad. Looks like you're in the opposite direction from Allston than Providence is, too. I would offer to do the driving (after all, I'll be driving a rental car and I don't even have to pay for gas ), but that would make for a pretty damn late night for me, and I have a flight to catch early the next morning. Plus, it sounds like you've got your plans pretty well set anyway.

Oh well. You'll just to wait for that ass-whupping, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZOR View Post
Primordial tonight! We're almost there I believe.
No fucking way. Jon had tomorrow night's date posted in his sig, so I figured you Pitt folks were all lined up to go see this show in Rochester for some reason. I was gonna go tonight, but the last sitter on my list was busy and I have to stay home with the twins tonight. Hope you guys are having a blast. I want set lists for Primordial and Cormorant, dammit.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 PM
beware of the quiet one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi
No fucking way. Jon had tomorrow night's date posted in his sig, so I figured you Pitt folks were all lined up to go see this show in Rochester for some reason. I was gonna go tonight, but the last sitter on my list was busy and I have to stay home with the twins tonight. Hope you guys are having a blast. I want set lists for Primordial and Cormorant, dammit.
Jon is going to the show in Rochester, but my friend Chris and I went up to Cleveland because it's closer, haha. You missed a great fucking show man, I wish you could of made it!