Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Old 09-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I'd watch 20 or 21 of those bands would fucking kill everyone of you for this fest.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
The only person of interest on that bill to me is Mick Foley.
And The Faceless. That's it.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Alright people I understand there is a lot of garbage on this (The bands that are band on this are for the most part amongst the worst bands in all of metal imo), but there is still some good bands here amongst all the shit. If anything this fest is getting me excited that KSE is probably going to tour playing Alive or Just Breathing start to finish (It also makes me think they are going out with Unearth and Shadows Fall since this is in CA and clearly all those bands are from MA and they wouldn't go clear across the country for one show and most of the other bands playing this are on previously announced tours), which would be nothing short of incredible.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Alright people I understand there is a lot of garbage on this (The bands that are band on this are for the most part amongst the worst bands in all of metal imo), but there is still some good bands here amongst all the shit. If anything this fest is getting me excited that KSE is probably going to tour playing Alive or Just Breathing start to finish (It also makes me think they are going out with Unearth and Shadows Fall since this is in CA and clearly all those bands are from MA and they wouldn't go clear across the country for one show and most of the other bands playing this are on previously announced tours), which would be nothing short of incredible.
it's not that there is just an unbelievable amount of really shitty bands on this bill, but everything that is good about it isn't anything special. Like...The Faceless? DEP? They tour all the time. And if you are super psyched about going to see KSE do that one album in its entirety, just remember that you'll have to sit through an Everest-sized mountain of poopy diarrhea to get to it.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Califronia Metalfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
That sounds siiick! I went to that Slaughter at Soma in SD and holy fuck during Suffocation's set that was the biggest pit I've ever witnessed. Def agree Carcass would easily draw a huge crowd. This is just all the touring machine -core bands coming together for a core orgy.
a corgi!

8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep

Last edited by kalfitegrdan; 09-06-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
it's not that there is just an unbelievable amount of really shitty bands on this bill, but everything that is good about it isn't anything special. Like...The Faceless? DEP? They tour all the time. And if you are super psyched about going to see KSE do that one album in its entirety, just remember that you'll have to sit through an Everest-sized mountain of poopy diarrhea to get to it.
You've got a point and it's not like I have to sit through this since I live clear across the country. I like about 10 of those bands and there are another 3 or 4 I could sit through, but the rest range from pretty bad to flat-out fucking abysmal. Like I said, it's not such much the announcement of California Metalfest that has me excited, it's potential tour with Killswitch playing AJOB start to finish with Unearth and Shadows Fall opening. A couple weeks ago on Facebook their bassist Mike D'Antonio was taking fan questions and he said they had a special tour planned for the winter with some old friends, so I'm assuming this is it.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
a corgi!

Corgi>>>this tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
You've got a point and it's not like I have to sit through this since I live clear across the country. I like about 10 of those bands and there are another 3 or 4 I could sit through, but the rest range from pretty bad to flat-out fucking abysmal. Like I said, it's not such much the announcement of California Metalfest that has me excited, it's potential tour with Killswitch playing AJOB start to finish with Unearth and Shadows Fall opening. A couple weeks ago on Facebook their bassist Mike D'Antonio was taking fan questions and he said they had a special tour planned for the winter with some old friends, so I'm assuming this is it.
Most likely. California Metal Fest is usually just tour packages coming together for one day. Last year and 2010 they were.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I remember buying my tickets for the 09 show off of Rhett from Gravehill for like $25 or something. .
I got in for Free. My friend who use to work at this record store in anahiem got a couple of promotional wristbands from his Boss. Sorry, had to add my 2 cents
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 PM
N00B

I'd watch a good amount of these bands but the only bands I'd be really stoked to see are Dillinger, KSE, Bleeding Through and Unearth.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
happened. Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria will sell more tickets than Exodus and Suffocation.