Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 09-06-2012, 02:26 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I loved the Impaled interview! Very funny and you also asked every question I was wondering about.
But were those questions actually answered is the real question hahaha. I'm happy you liked them dude!
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 09-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

I'm going to read the Impaled, Vektor, and Cormorant interviews in the next hour.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 09-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
But were those questions actually answered is the real question hahaha. I'm happy you liked them dude!
For the most part, yes. They didn't give a definitive answer about playing Southern California, but the fact that they said they're thinking of doing shows outside the Bay Area gives me hope. Your questions also shed a lot of light on the status of the re-recording of The Dead Shall Dead Remain, which seemed to fall off the face of the planet after being announced.

Of course, the Vektor interview was great too. I didn't really have any burning questions about them, but David gives some really elaborate answers. And props to mentioning Release from Agony. It is my all-time favorite thrash album.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:06 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
And props to mentioning Release from Agony. It is my all-time favorite thrash album.
Fuck yeah dude! That record is one the most dark and evil thrash albums ever released, I think it's insanely underrated. Sodom kinda had the the straightforward brutality, and Kreator were kinda giving up their German-ness for a more American sound but Destruction just had this really creepy yet progressive thing going that was just awesome. The dual solo in Release from Agony has to be one of the most creepy and unnerving guitar solos I've ever heard.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Altars of Radness

Yesss, I love that solo! I wish they would play more songs from it live, but I'm happy I at least got to hear the title track.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Yesss, I love that solo! I wish they would play more songs from it live, but I'm happy I at least got to hear the title track.
Ah, that was on the 2011 tour right? I fell really sick when they came around that time, and I got screwed by the Whisky and/or Destruction's management for the last tour. Considering how horribly this past tour went for the band, I don't think Destruction will be returning to the States any time soon, meaning I'm probably not going to see them for a long time.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Altars of Radness

Ah, that sucks man. Yeah, I have a feeling they won't be back for a while. They said they're not coming back at all, but Schmier is probably just overreacting. I'd be pissed too after what happened though.

Also, check out this set from their 2007 tour. I wish I was there, but at that time I hadn't even heard of them.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 AM
One who onions things

Alright, here's an interview I did with Hell Fire, a classic/traditional metal band from San Francisco. These guys are probably my favorite young group coming out of the bay right now, every member is just awesome at what they do and they're all the sweetest guys you could ever meet. Their bassist is also Cliff Burton's Mexican doppelganger haha. Gary Holt is almost always at their shows and is pretty close with Tony, Hell Fire's guitarist. Aesop Dekker also recently plugged the band in his blog, Mark Osegueda wore a Hell Fire shirt in Sacramento and is having the band open for Death Angel in Oakland next month. I really think these dudes are gonna be successful in the coming years. Check out some of their live videos on YouTube (like the one embedded in the interview), their EP on Facebook doesn't do them justice one bit. Even those videos aren't a perfect indicator of their awesomeness since they just had a ridiculous new guitarist join the band.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...rea-audiences/
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 09-18-2012, 02:09 AM
That Guy

I don't say it enough, awesome stuff man. i will definitely be checking this one out when I wake up later today.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I don't say it enough, awesome stuff man. i will definitely be checking this one out when I wake up later today.
Says the guy who's set to interview Lamb of God when they do their headlining tour! But seriously though, thanks so much dude. I can't wait to see the stuff you've got up your sleeve with all the fall tours coming up, I think we're both gonna be super busy in the next two months haha.

This is my last interview with a smaller band from the bay for a good while now that I'm returning to LA next week. We have so many good bands up here that I feel like not nearly enough people know about. There isn't really a national metal press outlet in the bay, so I'm happy I at least got to give these bands some notice on a larger scale though I'm sure a lot of people got sick of these interviews haha.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31

Last edited by Onioner; 09-18-2012 at 02:40 AM.