Take as Needed for Pain
shoplift
Serving Time in the Middle of Nowhere
Blood Money
99 Miles of Bad Road
Medicine Noose
My Name Is God (I Hate You)
Peace Thru War (Thru Peace and War)

Hands down, one of the longest sets and easily one of the best that i have seen a band bust out. Seriously, Power of the riff 2011 was just a sneak preview compared to what these fuckers busted out tonight. I practically lost my fucking shit when they busted out the opening riff for "Blank", I'M TALKING APE SHIT STATUS, i was head banging and shaking like a fucking spooked up skitzo on pcp till the very last notes of the song was finished. Fuck they were so heavy and thick. Every single note being spewed out was just beyond heavy, super thick, loud bouncy waves of sludgy heavy thick riffs pummeling each other as mike was screaming like a fucking loon.

luckily the venue was only 10 minutes away from my pad so once i got to the show and found out that eyehategod wasn't coming on stage for another 3 hours i just headed back home to fuck around and kill time before I return to the Observatory. Aahhaha I eventually returned to the observatory around 11:10pm, thankfully the show wasn't pack at all, especially compared to the the last time i saw eyehategod. Tonights show probably had no more than maybe 60-70 people, but no biggie, plus since the show wasn't filled with people it gave me the perfect opportunity to go right up in the very front stage right smack dab next to the band members, and this time i managed to stick around with the band from start to the very end of the show, where else at the power of the riff fest i left the very front after about two songs in(definitely a lot more rowdier, intense beyond belief, and too much stuff was going on at once, plus i was getting so crushed that i seriously thought i was gonna die of no oxygen). I definitely will say this show felt a hell of a lot more "relaxing" and smooth sailing compared to the last time I saw eyehategod, ahahah which probably explains why i manage to stick around in the very front of the bands presence from start to finish at tonights gig.

Whats to say what I haven't said already about this band(Refer to the power of the riff 2011 thread/review for a better idea of what i'm talking about). Anyways, as usual; Pretty heavy show. Eyehategod are such a great live act, and a sight to behold. Very entertaining loony sludgy mother fuckers who like to drink and smoke while busting out some heavy tune age, speaking of which; the band was practically lighting cigarettes and drinking their asses off during their Near-Two hour set. Jimmy aka BOWER POWER Braught his a game with sludge filled doomy goodness and mike just sounded like a fucking nutcase all the way till the last bit of PEACE THRU WAR. Great show, and I'm really glad i ended up making it to the show and out in one peace. AGAIN, Not much really to say that hasn't already been said(once again, refer to christophers power of the riff 2011 review/setlist thread to get a better idea at what I'm talking about ahahah).

I ended up getting right in the very front of the venue, luckily the constellation room at the observatory is a really small room that doesn't have any barricades so it felt very personal, and intimate to be a lot closer to the band(which also meant there was tons of crowed surfing since everyone had easy access on getting on the stage). i was right up front right under jimmys sweaty chin, just air guitar doodling and loosing my fucking cool through out what felt like nearly FOREVER. SERIOUSLY, The band came on at 11:20 pm, set their equipment up, lit some cigarettes while tuning and getting their gear ready. by 11:35 the opening riff for "new orleans is the new vietnam" started and boom, the band started what would feel like one of the longest sets i have seen a band bust out, since...shit, since Autopsy at the echoplex back in January of this year(which is still as far as I'm concerned..The best show of 2012 for me). The highlight of the show was hearing Blank, Take as needed for Pain, and near the very very end of the show as they were coming to an end to their set I start to hear the bassist playing the first few bass notes for "My Name is God I HATE YOU" and soon enough jimmy and the rest roared right into the main riff and pummeled my body with their heavy thick induced sludgy piece of heavenly goodness.. It was just a perfect way to end the show because "My name is god I HATE YOU" is hands down in my top 10 eyehategod songs, and a very personal favorite of mine. It was even more better that they saved it as the 2nd to last song to finish what was easily a great show tonight. During the part where the song goes towards that fast crazy tempo at the two minute mark was easily the highlight of the entire show for me, Mike just sounded unreal belching out those lyrics, holy hell...

Oh yeah, ahhaha another classic segment was when the band stopped playing music to take a moment to chill so mike can chat and talk to the fans and crowed before roaring into the next track, as he was walking around the stage mike started talking about all the shirts that he sees people wearing in the crowed, talking about how he scoping them all out....and then he puts me right on the spot!! Out of all people! It was awesome and a really cool moment, ahahha! He points right at me and looks right into my face and says in the microphone "Hey this guy is wearing a Dark Angel shirt, awesome fucking shirt man, great fucking band", it just felt so great to get that spot light for a split second ahahha. DARK ANGEL REPRESENT MOTHER FUCKERS.

Anyways not much else to say. Oh yeah, christopher I know you're probably reading this bro, just wanted to say every things alright with me bro. Just been really busy with work(I work two jobs so i don't really ever have any sort of free time on the internet/computer these days). Anyways, sorry if my absence on metsetlist startled you bro(ahahha you seemed pretty worried, and i think i got a text from you like a couple of weeks ago or something). Hope to see you at a show again in the near future dude. I actually thought i saw you at tonights show, and went up to what i THOUGHT was you ahahah, but as i got closer i realized it wasn't you, and it was just some guy that had a beared identical to yours ahahha. ANYWAYS, Amazing show, incredibly long setlist, and a great way to make up for that horrific mayhem fest/slayer show that took place back in june.

Peace Folks. until next time.

KEEP it real

Keet it Metal.

Much love peepz
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 09-05-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Glad you had a badass time! Did Mike come up with anything random to say (as far as I can remember, every time I've seen them he made some sort of crack about society or the audience)?

...Looking back, I'm actually fairly certain that this is what they played in Austin back in May (some of the earlier songs match up and mine was incomplete), so...thanks for the setlist!
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds

Last edited by RampinUp46; 09-05-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post

Glad you had a badass time! Did Mike come up with anything random to say (as far as I can remember, every time I've seen them he made some sort of crack about society or the audience)?

...Looking back, I'm actually fairly certain that this is what they played in Austin back in May (some of the earlier songs match up and mine was incomplete), so...thanks for the setlist!
No problem bro, and yeah mike was definitely saying a lot of random shit. The problem was I wasn't really understanding half the shit that he was saying, ahhaha. I remember he said something about how he was gonna give out his cell number to anyone that wants it after the show is over, i wonder if he really did ahhaha. I just really love the fact that he pointed me out and my dark angel shirt and acknowledged the band. Didn't think mike was a big fan of thrash metal. And trust me, there were tons of people in metal shirts, but it was great and totally unexpected that he picked me of all people.

Interesting, it seems like no one on these neck of the woods has posted any sets from their recent North America Tour, tonight was the last show and luckily i'm glad i was able to add another EHG" setlist" to the hall of Sets in the metal setlist board. And yup, that setlist is 100 percent accurate, my brother. It just blows me away how much songs they kept busting out. Everytime I thought it was coming to an end they would bust out another song, then another, then when you thought it was over, another couple more!!!. Take As needed for Pain was one I didn't expect, but goddamn I was loosing my goddamn cool during that entire classic song.

Sorry for the long rants, I tend to get this way after just coming out from a show. They played from 11:35 pm to 1:10 am, and its only 3 in the morning over here but damn i still got that energy from the show left in me.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 09-05-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:47 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Where have you been!?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Oh yeah, christopher I know you're probably reading this bro, just wanted to say every things alright with me bro. Just been really busy with work(I work two jobs so i don't really ever have any sort of free time on the internet/computer these days). Anyways, sorry if my absence on metsetlist startled you bro(ahahha you seemed pretty worried, and i think i got a text from you like a couple of weeks ago or something). Hope to see you at a show again in the near future dude. I actually thought i saw you at tonights show, and went up to what i THOUGHT was you ahahah, but as i got closer i realized it wasn't you, and it was just some guy that had a beared identical to yours ahahha. ANYWAYS, Amazing show, incredibly long setlist, and a great way to make up for that horrific mayhem fest/slayer show that took place back in june.
I'm glad to see that you're back! I was kind of worried about you, so I sent you a text a few weeks ago. I had remembered you mentioning something horrible happening in your life and then you disappeared for a while. I wasn't able to make it out to either EHG show. Too bad you didn't show up earlier because Gravehill was on this bill and you would have loved them! I'm glad to see EHG are back to the monster sets again. The first time I saw them was in 09 at the Murderfest and they played from 11:35pm to 1:20am!! They came back a few months later and pretty much did the same length set we saw at POTR last summer, so I was bummed that they cut a headlining set in half.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

The. Best. EHG. Set. EVER.

Not even a quesiton.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Gravehill was on this bill
Gravehill opening for EHG
Old 09-05-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Gravehill opening for EHG
Dude, you should have seen the lineup for the LA show! Lack of Interest, Nausea, Fetus Eaters and Seven Sisters of Sleep opened!!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
The. Best. EHG. Set. EVER.

Not even a quesiton.
Naw, the best EHG set was a year or two ago in Austin when they played all of In the Name of Suffering AND TANFP back to back!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Naw, the best EHG set was a year or two ago in Austin when they played all of In the Name of Suffering AND TANFP back to back!
WHAT!!!
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
eyehategod