Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slayer -- Albany, NY -- November 25th, 2014
Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014

Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Lifeís swinging hard but Iím swinging harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm tired of reading on the internet when people say this guy or that guy can't wreslte. Well, guess what? That's not the role some guys are best for. Guys like Ryback, Big Show and Kane for example are not there to wrestle. They're there to kick people's asses and there's room for both ass kickers and technical masters in wrestling. Always has been and always will be.
True. Someone like Samoe Joe and Brock Lesnar were capable of both though. I just prefer them over just power houses. I'll just wait until they put Ryback in an actual feud with someone to further any more judgement.

On the Hogan note I didn't watch him in his prime days so I honestly have no say on his best stuff. Just feel like his character wouldn't interest me but he does come from a different era of wrestling that I didn't watch so it makes sense.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Hogan at his prime was the true American wrestler. Hard not to love. Plus one of the best ring entrance songs of all time.

I AM A REAL AMERICAN!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah I'd love to just chill with AJ.

I think she is the only good diva in WWE right now.

They need Divas like Trish Stratus and Lita to come back or get someone like them, someone that is not only pretty and can act but is a god damn good wrestler at the same time.
I think Layla is actually pretty good in the ring. She's improved a lot when you look at the fact she started out not knowing anything about the buisness and was just a diva search winner. Plus, her ass is just fantastic

Beth and Natalya a both good in the ring but the WWE doesn't use them. Eve is also decent to. She trains in brazilian jujitsu, so if the WWE decided to turn that into a story she could probably really show some good stuff during her matches. But that makes too much sense so they won't do it. You could have the WWE's first ever female submission expert. Which could be cool since it's never been done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
True. Someone like Samoe Joe and Brock Lesnar were capable of both though. I just prefer them over just power houses. I'll just wait until they put Ryback in an actual feud with someone to further any more judgement.

On the Hogan note I didn't watch him in his prime days so I honestly have no say on his best stuff. Just feel like his character wouldn't interest me but he does come from a different era of wrestling that I didn't watch so it makes sense.
The WWE has come out with a couple of Hogan DVD sets you should check out. While were on the history lesson, if you'v never seen the DVDs of Ric Flair, Jake The Snake Roberts, Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage and The Four Horsemen the WWE released, you need to change that as soon as possible. I'm sure they're on sale at the WWE shopzone but I wouldn't know because every time I go to wwe.com I never get past looking at pictures of the divas.

If you can't afford all of that i'm sure there's other ways you can go online to see them.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I
The WWE has come out with a couple of Hogan DVD sets you should check out. While were on the history lesson, if you'v never seen the DVDs of Ric Flair, Jake The Snake Roberts, Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage and The Four Horsemen the WWE released, you need to change that as soon as possible. I'm sure they're on sale at the WWE shopzone but I wouldn't know because every time I go to wwe.com I never get past looking at pictures of the divas.

If you can't afford all of that i'm sure there's other ways you can go online to see them.
Will look into these.

On the diva topic, WWE doesn't have a terrible divas as stated better. Obviously most are attractive, Layla and Eve, and are decent in the ring just the WWE doesn't emphasize/improve on the division which is silly considering there is a 3 hour Raw and online shows as well. Wish Kharma(Awesome Kong) would of worked out, that would've been cool to see her on the big stage.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
with his arms outstretched

If you ask me, the WWE never had a better Divas devision than it did in 2002-2006. I actually gave a crap about womens matches then, that one with Lita and Trish headlining Raw was a wicked match. But when Trish and Lita left within a few months of each other in late 2006 it all went downhill.

And tying in Divas with Wrestlemania X8 I'll never forget that, for some reason, after Hogan vs. the Rock they had the Divas match (Three-Way of Trish, Lita and Jazz, I think) and I'd never heard a crowd die so fast. Way to suck the life out of a crowd, even though it was Trish's hometown.
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
If you ask me, the WWE never had a better Divas devision than it did in 2002-2006. I actually gave a crap about womens matches then, that one with Lita and Trish headlining Raw was a wicked match. But when Trish and Lita left within a few months of each other in late 2006 it all went downhill.

And tying in Divas with Wrestlemania X8 I'll never forget that, for some reason, after Hogan vs. the Rock they had the Divas match (Three-Way of Trish, Lita and Jazz, I think) and I'd never heard a crowd die so fast. Way to suck the life out of a crowd, even though it was Trish's hometown.
Actally the whole point of putting the match in that spot was to kill the crowd for a bit. If they put the world title match on right after Hogan/Rock it would've been too much for the crowd. They needed to ge their energy back, kinda like how a band will throw a slower song into the set so everyone can catch a breather for a few minutes. Still, the crowd was dead for the world title match anyways. It was a good match but there was no drama to it because everybody knew HHH was winning, so most didn't really care. Hogan and Rock was the main event of the show and the crowd had nothig left after that. In fact, there were a lot of people who left the venue after that match.

How dare you talk about the divas division from 2002-2006 and not mention Victoria
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Actally the whole point of putting the match in that spot was to kill the crowd for a bit. If they put the world title match on right after Hogan/Rock it would've been too much for the crowd. They needed to ge their energy back, kinda like how a band will throw a slower song into the set so everyone can catch a breather for a few minutes. Still, the crowd was dead for the world title match anyways. It was a good match but there was no drama to it because everybody knew HHH was winning, so most didn't really care. Hogan and Rock was the main event of the show and the crowd had nothig left after that. In fact, there were a lot of people who left the venue after that match.

How dare you talk about the divas division from 2002-2006 and not mention Victoria

I didn't want to get into listing Divas that we all knew were there. But yes, Victoria was probably my favorite. She was a wicked wrestler, she was hot and her finisher is still one of the most brutal moves I've seen in my life, up there with the Canadian Destroyer and F-5 as one of my all-time favorites.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I didn't want to get into listing Divas that we all knew were there. But yes, Victoria was probably my favorite. She was a wicked wrestler, she was hot and her finisher is still one of the most brutal moves I've seen in my life, up there with the Canadian Destroyer and F-5 as one of my all-time favorites.
That is one crazy fucking finisher.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 PM

It looks so fake though. I know, I know it's wrestling we're taking about but physically you can't perform that with no aid from the person being Canadian Destroyed.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
That is one crazy fucking finisher.
If you're talking about Victoria's, you should try YouTube some matches where she used it on Christy Hemme. Christy could sell that move so well...because she was so bendy. There was a few times where I thought for sure that she'd snapped Christy's back in half.