Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM
welp

One thing I noticed from watching live vids is that they're tuning down the guitars now (from E to D), so the material is easier for Dave to sing.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:02 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
One thing I noticed from watching live vids is that they're tuning down the guitars now (from E to D), so the material is easier for Dave to sing.
This has been way overdue, hopefully his voice will do a lot better singing a step down.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 09-03-2012, 03:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianrock View Post
Trust
Hangar 18
She-Wolf
A Tout Le Monde
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Public Enemy No. 1
-----------------------------------------
Skin o' My Teeth
Symphony of Destruction
Architecture of Aggression (World Premiere)
Foreclosure of a Dream
Sweating Bullets
This Was My Life (First time played since 1995)
Countdown to Extinction (First time played since 1998)
High Speed Dirt
Psychotron (World Premiere)
Captive Honour (World Premiere)
Ashes in Your Mouth
---------------------------------
Peace Sells
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Silent Scorn Outro
The only thing thing that would have made it better was if they switched Whose Life (Is It Anyways?) with Headcrusher, She-Wolf with Take No Prisoners(wishful thinking), and Trust with Tornado Of Souls (very wishful thinking)
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Me seeing all of Rust In Peace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this set
Old 09-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Me seeing all of Rust In Peace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this set
Hell yeah wasn't that RIP tour amazing? I NEVER thought I'd ever get to hear Polaris live, especially in a club! And as far as this setlist goes, wow, I wish I was at the show. It's hard to beat hearing an entire album live in concert. I thought Dave said he wasn't gonna do another album live thought..... glad he changed his mind
10/20 - Iron Reagan
10/23 - Dead Congregation
Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
She-Wolf with Take No Prisoners(wishful thinking), and Trust with Tornado Of Souls (very wishful thinking)
Neither one of those are wishful thinking at all. TNP was a set regular on the United Abominations tour, so it's possible it could come back again. While TOS hasn't appeared too much over the last year, it's been a set regular on most tours. Of the six times i've seen them i've got TOS four times. In fact, with the amount of touring Megadeth has done over the last three years, I don't see how it's possible people could not have heard Tornado at all.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:18 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
it's cool that he finally threw some interesting stuff in there, but i can't support this maniac anymore with the stuff he's been saying lately. dude has gone off the deep end with more & more incorrect & disgusting crackpot opinions. he's not getting my $.
What interesting stuff did he play though, really?

Other than playing Countdown in its entirety, he still played the same old shit. Instead of Trust, play The Disintegrators. Instead of A Tout Le Monde, play Reckoning Day. Instead of Peace Sells, play Black Friday... Or at least play Set the World Afire instead of one of those new songs. Countdown is only a mediocre album, about as good as Metallica's self-titled, so the really interesting stuff has to come from somewhere else, and this set list doesn't have it. At least Metallica have been playing most of their back catalogue... Dave thinks fans would rather hear A Tout Le Monde and She-Wolf every fucking show!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
What interesting stuff did he play though, really?

Other than playing Countdown in its entirety, he still played the same old shit. Instead of Trust, play The Disintegrators. Instead of A Tout Le Monde, play Reckoning Day. Instead of Peace Sells, play Black Friday
I've heard them play The Disintegrators before

Not sure what happened with Reckoning Day? It used to be played all the time. Peace Sells will never be dropped, it would be equal to Metallica dropping One. That's how important that song is for Megadeth.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 PM
N00B

It's cool he played Countdown in it's entirety once, but i hope he doesn't continue doing it. I never really got into that album that much... Other than that it's the same shit they've been playing. He could drop Tout le Monde for Killing Road or something. And She-Wolf needs to get dropped for fuck sake. Of all the other stuff he drops he decides to keep that? Over the last 5 years I've seen them 4 times and that song has been in the set each time. I have still yet to see any material from Killing is My Business... Why would he think his fans would rather hear shit from Cryptic Writings or Youthansia rather than KIMB or something different from the first four albums?

I wish Dave wasn't such a douche about his "beliefs" so they could do Peace Sells in it's entirety.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktooth85 View Post
Why would he think his fans would rather hear shit from Cryptic Writings or Youthansia rather than KIMB
Because the bulk of the people who go to see Megadeth do. I know it's not metal to cater to the masses but when you've got two albums that went platinum in the US like Youthanasia and CW have, bands tend to lean towards the stuff that is more well known and more people have bought. I thought everyone was done with the whole "why doesn't Dave do anything off KIMB?" whining years ago. He doesn't play anything off it, forget about it and move on, that's what i've done. Plus, if you've ever heard the reaction songs like Reckoning Day, A Toute Le Monde and She-Wolf get live, there would be no doubt in your mind as to why he plays those songs.

In 1997 I saw them do Mechanix and the only special thing about it was that the people were singing the words to The Four Horsemen instead of what Dave was singing. It made sense to since Horsemen is the vastly superior song. Dave might not care for the first album either. If an artist doesn't care for something they wrote or thinks the songs don't sound good live, do you really want them to play it just to be different if all they're probably gonna do is play a song shitty because they don't like it? I know I wouldn't want that.

Tags
megadeth