Judas Priest -- Worcester, MA -- July 26th, 1988
Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Old 09-01-2012, 11:15 PM
In Search of Truth

MindMaze -- Lehighton, PA -- September 1st, 2012

This was an interesting night. We were asked by the other band to come play half the night and actually do an 80 minute set, a rare treat for us. About 45 minutes in, we were actually asked by the bar to STOP PLAYING because people were complaining about us. Most of you know me, you know what my band sounds like. We're legit. And this was honestly probably about the tightest set we'd ever played. We weren't the problem. Essentially, this is the type of bar that shouldn't even have live music, because it's the type of place that really just caters to people who either want country/classic rock covers or no live music at all. This was just a recipe for disaster. But regardless, here's our setlist:

01 Mask of Lies
02 Stand Up and Fight
03 This Holy War
04 Breaking the Chains
05 Children of the Damned (Iron Maiden)
06 Dark City
07 Warrior (Riot)
08 Never Look Back (incl. Kansas - Carry on Wayward Son snippet)
Old 09-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Damn what kind of a fucking place asks a band to play then actually has the nerve halfway through to ask them to stop.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:06 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Well that's just plain rude.
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9'21 Overkill ?
9/27 Blood Feast
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Damn what kind of a fucking place asks a band to play then actually has the nerve halfway through to ask them to stop.
I've seen some venues that will treat local bands like that, it's not that uncommon. Also, the venue didn't ask them to play, he said another band ask them to play the show. But since this wasn't the right venue or crowd for the band, from a buisness standpoint it was the right call for the venue to ask them to stop. Yes, it's rude but if the costomers are complaining, you don't want them leaving and spending their money somewhere else.

Since you left this site Jeff, I haven't really been keeping up with the band. Is your album out yet?
Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Since you left this site Jeff, I haven't really been keeping up with the band. Is your album out yet?
Aside from the absolutely monumental amount of bullshit we have to eat locally (this included, but FAR from limited to), things are going great. Our album sadly isn't out yet - we initially had hoped to get it out in September-October but it's ended up costing us a LOT more money than we had anticipated. The recording process is basically over, we are going to be mixing it throughout October, shooting to be 100% out of the studio by the first week of November. Gonna do a quick turnout to press it and hopefully have physical copies available in mid December. The only way to get copies right away will be through a pre-order on our website, which is available now:
http://www.mindmazeband.com

We did do an advance mix of one track though to give people a taste of what's in store from the album. You can check it out on our Reverb Nation page, here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/mindmazeband
Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Local music scenes, including the bands themselves and the venues, much like what's described in this review, can be more drama prone than a high school cheerleading squad. Trust me, I've witnessed it for years. It's nauseating.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Local music scenes, including the bands themselves and the venues, much like what's described in this review, can be more drama prone than a high school cheerleading squad. Trust me, I've witnessed it for years. It's nauseating.
You have no idea how much I am in agreement with that sentiment.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
It's what happening now in the Minnesota scene. it fucking sucks. As much as I can't wait to play live again, I'm dreading it for that reason alone.

Tags
mindmaze