Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Me too, man. It sucks.

So, I joined RateYourMusic earlier this week and it's like a music nerd's nirvana...or a person with OCD's nirvana. I can't tell yet.
It's a music nerd's nirvana (for me at least). When I joined last year I rated an astronomical amount of album within 3 days. It was kind of sad actually.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Norther is splitting up.

http://norther.net/
Old 08-31-2012, 08:14 PM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Downloading free music aint as easy as it used to be. Dont have the dough to support every band I listen to either.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 09-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Norther is splitting up.

http://norther.net/
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20948
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 09-01-2012, 04:17 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
um yes that is bullshit. I make minimum wage which is $8.25 for hard labor that I do usually by myself. I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.

If the store was like most walmarts ive been to the job wouldn't be bad as it would be run good. Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.
No disrespect intended, but if a cart guy isn't the low man on the totem pole at a Walmart, who is? Also, I don't think working your way up the ranks of Walmart is what you want to do. Get an education or learn a trade... and stop worrying about your black managers.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:02 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
um yes that is bullshit. I make minimum wage which is $8.25 for hard labor that I do usually by myself. I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.

If the store was like most walmarts ive been to the job wouldn't be bad as it would be run good. Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.
Yeah, those darn blackies, eh?

And no offense, but something tells me pushing carts isn't "hard labor". And be happy you're not working in NY (min. wage is 7.25).
Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
And no offense, but something tells me pushing carts isn't "hard labor".
You must be on crack. I did it for ONE night when I worked at Costco and it was the worst thing ever. Definitely hard labor and a pain in the ass above all.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:46 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
You must be on crack. I did it for ONE night when I worked at Costco and it was the worst thing ever. Definitely hard labor and a pain in the ass above all.
I guess I stand corrected. But seriously, is it really that difficult pushing carts?
Old 09-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Thank you! Finally someone that actually knows what it is like.

It isn't a easy job. Even if you are using a machine to help push the carts all the machine really does is help push it in forward, after a certain amount of carts you still have to push it to make it work and still steer it around corners. Also the parking lot for my Walmart is slanted and by the time you get to the store it is a uphill. Carts aren't light either, the big metal carts we have weigh around 20 pounds with our lightest carts being 15 pounds. If you doing it by hand our 20 pound carts we usually push somewhere around 10 carts at time. Now on top the weight of pushing that remember we have to manually steer those ten carts and we are going uphill to the store. That's fucking hard, I don't care how big or strong you are. It kills you after a while.

Also when it is hot outside and you work outside for 8 hours you work your ass off and get beyond exhausted. When we have to do it by hand pushing groups of 5 to 10 carts at a time after a few hours kills you. All we get is a 15 minute break and lunch. The water we get is usally the same temperature as it is outside (hot as hell) and we aren't allowed in the store. So we are pushing carts NONSTOP. Also the only spot in the store that isn't allowed to stand around for a minute.

It is hard labor for sure and actually the hardest job you can really have that requires work at Walmart. That is one of the reason why cartguys come and go so quickly and they have such a hard time finding people that will do it.

Last edited by dcmetal108; 09-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:37 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I guess I stand corrected. But seriously, is it really that difficult pushing carts?
Super tiring man. Plus you dont just push carts well not at Home Depot. Keep in mind too that Home Depot has various carts and is done by no machine. I had to answer loading calls and do whatever else higher ups told me like help another department while still making sure carts were full and answering all loading calls and yeah Home Dept has some heavy shit. My fav were loading them nice 90lb cement mix bags like 20 by hand. Sooo yeah just exhausting work especially cuz of the heat. Good times, glad I got a tutoring job after that so much more fulfilling and enjoyable.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15