Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's probably the dark match after RAW goes off the air. They always have a special match for the fans in attendance after the taping is over. For the Smackdown taping last night Sheamus defended the world title against Del Rio and Orton in the drak match main event.
If its a title match then I doubt it would be the dark match. I mean usually the dark match is before it goes live.

Though I know my dad and sister saw RAW live in Dec here and they ran out of the time and the big match of the night was suppose to be a CM Punk cage match and they ended up just doing it after the show and my dad said it lasted like 5 minutes and was over pretty quickly.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
If its a title match then I doubt it would be the dark match. I mean usually the dark match is before it goes live.

Though I know my dad and sister saw RAW live in Dec here and they ran out of the time and the big match of the night was suppose to be a CM Punk cage match and they ended up just doing it after the show and my dad said it lasted like 5 minutes and was over pretty quickly.
No, it's the dark match after the show is over. It's just a little special thing they do for the fans in attendance. They've been doing matches like this after the taping's for a few years now.

I went to a Smackdown taping a few years ago when Swagger was champ and he was feuding with Big Show. All the local advertisments said there would be a title match between them at the show. They had the match but it was after the taping and it did not air on Smackdown that week. Basically the match was just a run through for the PPV match they had coming up together.

Ther RAW I went to in Feburary of last year advertised locally a tag match between then WWE Champ The Miz and CM Punk against Cena and Orton and guess when that match happened? You got it, after RAW went off the air as the special dark match main event. The match your dad and sister saw when they went to RAW was that, just like how Punk/Cena for the title next week will be a dark match after RAW is over. Remember, i've been watching since 1986, I know my shit

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-29-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Quote:
No, it's the dark match after the show is over. It's just a little special thing they do for the fans in attendance. They've been doing matches like this after the taping's for a few years now.

I went to a Smackdown taping a few years ago when Swagger was champ and he was feuding with Big Show. All the local advertisments said there would be a title match between them at the show. They had the match but it was after the taping and it did not air on Smackdown that week. Basically the match was just a run through for the PPV match they had coming up together.

Ther RAW I went to in Feburary of last year advertised locally a tag match between then WWE Champ The Miz and CM Punk against Cena and Orton and guess when that match happened? You got it, after RAW went off the air as the special dark match main event. The match your dad and sister saw when they went to RAW was that, just like how Punk/Cena for the title next week will be a dark match after RAW is over. Remember, i've been watching since 1986, I know my shit

I see. I've only been watching since like 95' that I can remember, I mean I was only two in 95' haha.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
That's a match next week? Aren't they main eventing the next PPV with the title on the line?

I just love what Punk said to Lawler during the opening segmanet of RAW. That sums up how i've always felt about Lawler. Jerry Lawler is the greatest minor leauge wreslter of all time, it's a joke he's labeled a legend and got into the WWE Hall Of Fame, which itself is mostly a joke anyways so I guess it makes sense. Lawler has never beat anyone who's mattered on a level that mattered. He only became a world champ in the AWA because Curt Henning was leaving to go to the WWF and he needed to drop the belt to someone. To call Jerry Lawler a legend in wrestling is an insult to all the true legends of the buisness who actually accomplished things that were historic.

Loved the anger management segments with Kane and Bryan. The part with Bryan and the kid in the goat mask was great. It was pretty funny how calmly Kane ran through the history of his character to. I have to give some serious props to Kane, he's always been one of my favorites but he's had a rocky history in the WWF/E. He's been given some awful storylines and some very bad oppents which resulted in some matches that were painful to watch. But the guy is always up for anything and he always tries his best to make whatever they're currently doing with him work. He's done a good job since the whole Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ thing a few months back. I never thought I would say this in 2012, but Kane is one of the main reasons to watch RAW right now besides Punk and Bryan.
I agree, but I really liked Lawler as a heel against Bret Hart in the mid-1990's. And as I said a few pages back, his segment in ECW at Barely Legal '97 is one of my favorite moments in wrestling ever.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Lawler was the top guy in Memphis in the 80's, which were the last days of the territory days. Like it or not, that does mean something.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

dcmetal108, sanitarium78 is right. Dark match same thing when I went to Smackdown taping in SD, Mysterio vs Kane in a Cage match. It was beyond lame, they had a cheap cage set up and it was like 5 mins max. Usually that's what they are, short go home matches where face wins.

Also I really do hope they dont take the title off of CM Punk and build him up to be an awesome heel and eventually feuds with The Rock. Just think of them promos they would put on.
Basement-8/12
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
dcmetal108, sanitarium78 is right. Dark match same thing when I went to Smackdown taping in SD, Mysterio vs Kane in a Cage match. It was beyond lame, they had a cheap cage set up and it was like 5 mins max. Usually that's what they are, short go home matches where face wins.

Also I really do hope they dont take the title off of CM Punk and build him up to be an awesome heel and eventually feuds with The Rock. Just think of them promos they would put on.
One of the Raw's that I attended had a triple threat dark match, I forgot who vs who, but I remember Triple H, Undertaker, Booker T, and Golddust were involved. Mr. McMahon interupted and they had a Spin-a-rooni contest, causing Undertaker to leave . I believe it was a prank on him.

And yes..... The Rock vs CM Punk would be amazing, even the promos. Both are amazing on the microphone. Why must Cena be the "Face of WWE" (not like Face/Heel, but THE GUY) when CM Punk is so much more entertaining.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I see. I've only been watching since like 95' that I can remember, I mean I was only two in 95' haha.
I was two in 1980. The main event dark match that they do at TV tapings I believe started because they wanted to increase attendance at the shows. It's a good idea to, give the local fans a world title match and it will probably get more people to buy tickets just for that. I'm not sure how well it's worked but improving the overall product is the main thing they need to do to boost attendance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I agree, but I really liked Lawler as a heel against Bret Hart in the mid-1990's. And as I said a few pages back, his segment in ECW at Barely Legal '97 is one of my favorite moments in wrestling ever.
Lawler has always been annoying as fuck. His feud with Bret was fucking awful and hard to watch at times and it had nothiing to do with Bret. He was unbareable in that ECW storyline in '97 as well and it's all because he just sucks so bad at what he does. He was never talented enough to make it on a major scale and his terrible work in his two biggest rivarlries ever shows why he'll always be minor leauge for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Lawler was the top guy in Memphis in the 80's, which were the last days of the territory days. Like it or not, that does mean something.
Not really. It's like saying because a local band is the top local band in your area it means something. If they never go anywhere and continue to play the genreal region for the rest of their active days, overall what they've done doesn't mean anything. That pretty much sums up what Lawler's wrestling career was like.

So, I guess the WWE has already forgotten about Antonio Cesaro and that he won the US title from Santino on the Summerslam preshow, huh? I read the Smackdown spoliers for this weeks show and he wasn't on it. The only time he's appeared since winning the title was on SD last week. Not a good way to start off a title run when he's only appeared on one of the four TV shows they've had since winning it. Too bad titles don't mean anything anymore, the only reason the WWE still has them now is so they can use them as props to help sell replicas of them on their web page.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
And yes..... The Rock vs CM Punk would be amazing, even the promos. Both are amazing on the microphone. Why must Cena be the "Face of WWE" (not like Face/Heel, but THE GUY) when CM Punk is so much more entertaining.
Because he stills sells merch which has created a comfort zone for Vince. Pathetic really since Cena has been stale since forever. He cant wrestle and has the same formula: get beat up 90% of the match "overcome the odds" even though his biceps are bigger than his opponent, 5 moves of doom, win. Case in point his match with Bryan. And then his mic work...oh god. Anyways, remember when Punk cut that sick promo and started saying Vince is a millionaire who should be a billionaire. I agree if Vince listened to the fans and focused on wrestling and a more PG13+ product WWE would have more fans and whatnot. Idk just my 2 cents.

Quote:
So, I guess the WWE has already forgotten about Antonio Cesaro and that he won the US title from Santino on the Summerslam preshow, huh? I read the Smackdown spoliers for this weeks show and he wasn't on it. The only time he's appeared since winning the title was on SD last week. Not a good way to start off a title run when he's only appeared on one of the four TV shows they've had since winning it. Too bad titles don't mean anything anymore, the only reason the WWE still has them now is so they can use them as props to help sell replicas of them on their web page.
Really? Laaame. I read that CM Punk and Seth Rollins are gonna team up against Cesaro and Chris Hero in some ROH dream match for an upcoming NXT taping or something. I hope thats true and they start putting Cesaro on TV more.
Basement-8/12
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Really? Laaame. I read that CM Punk and Seth Rollins are gonna team up against Cesaro and Chris Hero in some ROH dream match for an upcoming NXT taping or something. I hope thats true and they start putting Cesaro on TV more.
That was a special dark match that took place after the recent round of NXT tapings. The match wasn't recorded and was just a special thing for the fans in attendance. It's not like it matters since nobody watched ROH when those guys were in it anyways. Oh wait, nobody watches ROH now either.

Ok, i've trashed the garbage that is the current WWE product enough lately. Let's talk about what's good in wrestling at the moment and that's TNA Impact. Yes, you heard it right, TNA currently has the best weekly televised wrestling product right now. It has been for almost a year now. Last fall they finally decided to fire Vince Russo as the head booker and very slowly the company has gotten their heads out of their asses and the product has direction and has improved greatly.

They have good matches every week that go longer than two minutes. They also put an emphasis on championships and make them matter. They also got about 12 guys who are believeable threats to the world title so it doesn't get stale like the WWE where they have the same four guys fight for the belt for months on end.

Yes, they still have a lot of old WWE guys they use a lot but none of them have been world champ for almost a year now. They still use them and focus on them but the former WWE guys are no longer THE focus of the company. Robert Roode has been the best heel in wrestling the past year and his world title run from November of last year until Austin Aries beat him two months ago was great.

Some of you ROH/Indy nerds might know who Austin Aries is. He's a great overall worker, he's as talented as Punk or Byan both in the ring and on the mic. He's done a very good job so far as world champ and being the companys top face.

Is TNA perfect? No, only Curt Henning is that. But they've built their whole roster up pretty well and always put on a solid show every week and they actually get you to care a little bit about things unlike the WWE.

Impact is on thursday nights at 8 on Spike TV. Give it a shot and watch it for a month or so, I garuntee you'll find something that will make it worth your time to watch it.

Oh yeah, they also have AJ Fuckin Styles to