Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014
Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014

Old 08-25-2012, 12:25 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Yeah, I've been getting incredibly bored of shows, too. When I was younger I used to try to go to every single show that remotely interested me, but now I barely even go to shows by bands I regularly listen to. Earlier this summer I went to see Terror, but I guess I underestimated their popularity because tickets sold out a couple days before, so I showed up two hours in advance to wait in line, but I still didn't get in, and honestly I didn't even care, despite the fact Terror is one of my absoulte favorite bands, ever. Also, last night I saw Lightning Bolt, who I don't listen to that much, but I've heard so much about their live show that I just had to go and check it out. And yeah, they put on an absolutely sick performance, but after a while I was like "OK, I think I get the idea" and left early. I've gone to like three shows this summer, and it's sure as hell not due to work obligations or lack of money Point is live music just doesn't do it for me anymore. I guess that's not the worst thing in the world because my hearing is already fucked at age 20.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Yeah, I've been getting incredibly bored of shows, too. When I was younger I used to try to go to every single show that remotely interested me, but now I barely even go to shows by bands I regularly listen to. Earlier this summer I went to see Terror, but I guess I underestimated their popularity because tickets sold out a couple days before, so I showed up two hours in advance to wait in line, but I still didn't get in, and honestly I didn't even care, despite the fact Terror is one of my absoulte favorite bands, ever. Also, last night I saw Lightning Bolt, who I don't listen to that much, but I've heard so much about their live show that I just had to go and check it out. And yeah, they put on an absolutely sick performance, but after a while I was like "OK, I think I get the idea" and left early. I've gone to like three shows this summer, and it's sure as hell not due to work obligations or lack of money Point is live music just doesn't do it for me anymore. I guess that's not the worst thing in the world because my hearing is already fucked at age 20.
This is incredibly depressing to me.
11/11 - Raven
11/12 - Eyehategod
Old 08-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
This is incredibly depressing to me.
Seconded.
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Seconded.
Third(ed)
Old 08-25-2012, 01:21 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

lol
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
That's a fairly extreme case, but frankly this does happen, and will happen, to practically everyone here, just in different ways. I go to a lot of a shows a year still, and I'm not yet going to less than I used to, but I am going to less than I could. I do skip shows by bands I like if I've seen them a few times before, or if I'm not really that bothered about them, whereas I used to go to see bands I was only half interested in.

And often now I find an hour or so of most bands is enough. It's only the ones I really love that I want to play long sets and I get disappointed with if they play short ones.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 08-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I dreamt of the sun's demise, awoke to a bleak morning.

Quote:
Point is live music just doesn't do it for me anymore. I guess that's not the worst thing in the world because my hearing is already fucked at age 20.
I feel like this way sometimes. I try to catch bands that I haven't seen live and try to bring my brother so I don't go alone and get bored easily. Also, this why I don't go to see death, hardcore, thrash or grindcore bands solely because they all sound the same in a live setting to me.
11/28 - Slipknot/Korn
12/03 - In Flames/Opeth
12/14 - The Birthday Massacre
Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
I TOTALLY have felt that way, multiple times before. Taking breaks from shows make you appreciate it more, or going to shows of different genres of music. Every single generic/somewhat alright metalcore band I liked from 2008 I'm just soooooo apathetic towards seeing now. Like, summer slaughter had a sick lineup this year and I didn't care one bit I was missing it.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:48 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Speaking of shows, Power Trip was fucking beyond incredible a couple days ago; best show I've seen all year by far. Debating whether I wanna write a review or not. Kinda burnt out on reviews.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

u guise r cray cray

Anyway, Mono got officially confirmed, so that's all clear. Might see Trivium with As I Lay Dying while I'm in Sweden, too.

09/15 65daysofstatic + Maybeshewill + Lights Out Asia
09/16 Alcest + Toe + Leech
09/23 Behemoth + Survive
10/8 Devil Sold His Soul
10/20 Job for a Cowboy (maybe)
10/26 Meshuggah + Skitarg + Torture Division
10/27 Electric Wizard + Kongh
10/30 Trivium + As I Lay Dying + Caliban + Upon a Burning Body (maybe)
11/3 Sodom
11/16 Mono
11/17 Korpiklaani
3/15 Gogol Bordello