Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
One who onions things

Well the last two days have been interesting. First I barely got confirmed for Slaughter by the Water because I ended up doing the press request insanely late. Yesterday night I got a call from a kid from one of the local bands asking for an interview. This afternoon I got a call from the dude from Fog of War for the same reason. And now an hour ago I received an email from Raul from Impaled for an interview too. As this rate I think Dave Lombardo's gonna send me a text message or something haha.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Well the last two days have been interesting. First I barely got confirmed for Slaughter by the Water because I ended up doing the press request insanely late. Yesterday night I got a call from a kid from one of the local bands asking for an interview. This afternoon I got a call from the dude from Fog of War for the same reason. And now an hour ago I received an email from Raul from Impaled for an interview too. As this rate I think Dave Lombardo's gonna send me a text message or something haha.
Did that band happen to be Zombie Holocaust?

Have fun though! Hopefully the bands get longer sets than last year. The lineup is pretty damn awesome.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:35 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Be sure to ask Jason what his favorite Bigfoot-themed death metal band is.
If I get to interview him I will. Also, when the fuck are you going to convince them to hit Minnesota. Station 4 need Troglodyte DAMN IT!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:46 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Did that band happen to be Zombie Holocaust?

Have fun though! Hopefully the bands get longer sets than last year. The lineup is pretty damn awesome.
Ha! It was Hemotoxin, a death metal band, that called me first. Nick from Zombie Holocaust completely saved my ass by helping me out with the press request though. Without him the interviews definitely wouldn't be happening, and I might not have ended up even going- I owe him big time. This year ZH is on an appropriate place on the bill, and really those guys are all pretty cool dudes. Yeah hiring girls to run around on the floor is lame, and I'm still not entirely sure if they want to be a party-thrash band or something else entirely, but there are a ton bands out there that are a whole lot worse- especially here in the bay.

The set-times are a hell of a lot better than last year's from the looks of things, the headliners all get an hour. The only issue I see is that they only have ten minute changeovers on the set-times. There's no way a set or two won't be truncated.

Also I'm finally listening to the first Crimson Glory LP that I found at Amoeba in SF two days ago. Dear god this band is so fucking cool!
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 08-24-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Altars of Radness

Well that's pretty cool. I thought they would be dicks, from the stories I've read here. Hopefully Autopsy doesn't get cut. Since reforming they haven't even been able to play a full set in the bay, which is kind of sad.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:21 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Well that's pretty cool. I thought they would be dicks, from the stories I've read here. Hopefully Autopsy doesn't get cut. Since reforming they haven't even been able to play a full set in the bay, which is kind of sad.
Well, they had that headlining benefit gig a month or so ago in Oakland, I think brutal attended that one. Frankly I'm just happy to finally see them, I missed them three times in the last two years (twice up here, once in LA) because of random reasons.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 08-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Well, they had that headlining benefit gig a month or so ago in Oakland, I think brutal attended that one. Frankly I'm just happy to finally see them, I missed them three times in the last two years (twice up here, once in LA) because of random reasons.
They won't disappoint you. At that benefit show they only played like 12 songs though, which I assume is around how many they will play at Slaughter by the Water. Not a short set by any means, but at the LA show they did 17 songs.

Edit: I checked the setlist, they did 13 at the benefit show.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:35 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
They won't disappoint you. At that benefit show they only played like 12 songs though, which I assume is around how many they will play at Slaughter by the Water. Not a short set by any means, but at the LA show they did 17 songs.

Edit: I checked the setlist, they did 13 at the benefit show.
Happy to hear that I'm in for a good time! Also it looks like I'll literally be interviewing Impaled, as in all four of them at once. Transcribing it is gonna suck.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 08-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Happy to hear that I'm in for a good time! Also it looks like I'll literally be interviewing Impaled, as in all four of them at once. Transcribing it is gonna suck.
Well I'll be sure to read it. Ask them if they plan on coming to LA! Ghoul comes pretty often, but Impaled is a different story.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:00 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Well I'll be sure to read it. Ask them if they plan on coming to LA! Ghoul comes pretty often, but Impaled is a different story.
Thanks dude! And don't worry, I definitely plan on asking them about their touring plans and the fact that they're supposed to have been rerecording the first album for the past 3 years.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16