Marilyn Manson -- Santa Ana, CA -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- San Francisco, CA -- October 30th, 2014
Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014
Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014

Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenzombie013 View Post
Never heard anything from this band, but I've heard some good stuff about them. I could probably make the Orlando show if I wanted. What's a good place to start with listening to them?
I'd say try either Pentastar or The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull. They will probably mostly only play Bees and newer material live.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenzombie013 View Post
Never heard anything from this band, but I've heard some good stuff about them. I could probably make the Orlando show if I wanted. What's a good place to start with listening to them?
The band underwent a major stylistic shift midway through their career. Everything from the beginning to Phase 3: Thrones and Dominions is drone doom, some of the best in the genre. Pentastar is droning, minimalist stoner rock. Everything since is still drone, but the metal is pretty much gone. All the guitars are clean, lots of folk instruments are used, and there is a heavy country influence. I'd check out Hex:Printing in the Infernal Method and The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull, those would best represent what they currently sound like (I quite like it, even though it's way different from what I usually listen to).