Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-18-2012, 12:07 AM
N00B

Linkin Park -- Camden, NJ -- August 17th, 2012

Hey, guys, just got back from a great performance by Linkin Park at the Susquehanna Bank Center in NJ. Never been to this venue before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was quite pleased. Normally, I don't favor larger venues and I tend to avoid them, but I couldn't pass up a chance to see LP. The sound traveled well throughout the entire arena, and there was a suprising amount of leg room in between the rows (not that I sat down at all during the show, but it was still nice not having to completely rub bodies against some random stranger if he or she wanted to pass by). Here's the setlist:

Place For My Head
Given Up
New Divide
Victimized
With You
Somewhere I Belong
When They Come For Me

the next two songs were unfamiliar to me; sorry. I never heard them before, so I'm not sure what they were called. Here's the rest of the setlist:

Waiting For The End
Breaking The Habit
Shadow Of The Day
The Catalyst
Lost In The Echo
Numb
Burn It Down
What I've Done
In The End
Bleed It Out (Extended Version)
Faint
Let Me Go
Paper Cut
One Step Closer

So yeah, as you can see, that's a fairly lengthy setlist. Twenty-three songs was a lot more than I expected. And the guys really kept the energy going throughout the entire show. Chester and Mike were very charismatic and interactive with the crowd, and the entire band just radiated with positive vibes.

I was a little disappointed with the pit area, however. I brought my brother along, and he isn't the most imposing or aggressive person, so for his safety I decided it would be best to get a seat where we'd be away from all the moshing, etc. But the GA Floor area didn't look very intimidating at all; not from my vantage point at least. I really expected a lot more energy from the die-hard fans especially during the heavier songs such as "Bleed It Out", "One Step Closer", and "In the End."

About fifteen minutes into the show, it started POURING out. I mean torrential downpours. Lightening filled the sky and the fans on the lawn got absolutely SOAKED. It didn't dampen anyone's mood, however, and the thunder seemed to get everyone pretty pumped up. It was actually really, really cool.

Overall, I thought it was a great show. I was truly suprised by the sound quality and how crisp the music sounded, especially since it was a large, semi-outdoors arena. This makes me very happy, because I am seeing KISS with Motley Crue at the same place next month.

If anyone else was at the show, I'd love for you to share your experience, and possibly help me fill in the gap in the setlist that I couldn't quite figure out. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 AM
N00B

You do realize most hardcore fans have practically given up on the band and new fans are a bunch of 13 year old kids who considering old Linkin park the heaviest thing out there and fear moshing?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:18 AM
N00B

No, I hadn't realized that. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of most of their later stuff. Those two songs that I didn't recognize were most likely from their later albums, because if it was their earlier work, I feel like I definitely would've recognized it. Sure, they've changed their sound a bit over the years, but almost all bands do that. This doesn't mean I've "given up" on them. Their older stuff still rocks.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:37 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLovesMetal View Post
No, I hadn't realized that. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of most of their later stuff. Those two songs that I didn't recognize were most likely from their later albums, because if it was their earlier work, I feel like I definitely would've recognized it. Sure, they've changed their sound a bit over the years, but almost all bands do that. This doesn't mean I've "given up" on them. Their older stuff still rocks.
If you're saying that their new stuff doesn't sound that far off, you're completely wrong, their new stuff, especially the new album, sounds vastly different. Most of the fans of their old stuff just don't dig the new stuff at all so they dont pay to see them.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
You do realize most hardcore fans have practically given up on the band and new fans are a bunch of 13 year old kids who considering old Linkin park the heaviest thing out there and fear moshing?
This. I love me some old school LP, and they were great when I saw them in '03. But yes, many of the fans from that era have given up on the band (w/ good reason), and the new fan base seems to be kids.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
This. I loved their old stuff but their new stuff is almost just radio hard rock with electronic beats thrown in sometimes.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
If you're saying that their new stuff doesn't sound that far off, you're completely wrong, their new stuff, especially the new album, sounds vastly different. Most of the fans of their old stuff just don't dig the new stuff at all so they dont pay to see them.
This x100000000000000. I fucking love Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but I wouldn't even consider seeing them now (Unless I got in for free). The new stuff is complete shit. I will never forget buying Minutes to Midnight with a gift card that I got for my 15th birthday and I still felt ripped off even though it wasn't my money. (This was actually the album that made me stop buying albums blindly). What I've heard from Living Things is much better than their other recent work, but that's not saying much at all. It's definitely a toss-up between them and Green Day for biggest fall from grace in recent music history.
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
This x100000000000000. I fucking love Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but I wouldn't even consider seeing them now (Unless I got in for free). The new stuff is complete shit. I will never forget buying Minutes to Midnight with a gift card that I got for my 15th birthday and I still felt ripped off even though it wasn't my money. (This was actually the album that made me stop buying albums blindly). What I've heard from Living Things is much better than their other recent work, but that's not saying much at all. It's definitely a toss-up between them and Green Day for biggest fall from grace in recent music history.
I was never a big LP fan, but I just gotta say that The Catalyst is one of the best songs I've heard from them, so the newer stuff isn't all complete garbage, though quite different.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
N00B

I think you guys are missing my point. Linkin Park's newer material is admittedly and undoubtedly different from their older stuff. Which material is better, old or new, is entirely a matter of preference. I am agreeing with all of you 100% that the older stuff from Hybrid Theory and Meteora is unquestionably superior as far as I'm concerned, but just because the newer stuff is different or doesn't meet your liking doesn't mean it "sucks". There were, in fact, a few songs from the newest album that were pleasently reminiscent of Hybrid Theory and Meteora, such as "Victimized" and "The Catalyst."

But as a pretty big fan of LP myself, I can understand the frustration at the band's change of sound. It's frustrating to myself as well, to be honest. I used to be a HUGE Papa Roach fan, back in the days of the late 90's and early 2000's. Their debut album Old Friends From Young Years was unlike anything I ever heard before (still haven't heard anything like it, actually), and the album Infest just flat out kicked fucking ass. Mastodon421, wanna talk about "fall from grace"? Papa Roach epitomizes that. It's sad, really, when bands (such as Green Day, Papa Roach and Linkin Park to name a few) completely alter their sounds just so they can have more mainstream, radio-friendly songs for the general masses, and leave the fans who made them who they are in the first place with next to nothing.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

I went and saw LP a few nights ago (I just went to go really, more for my brother) and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I didn't post a setlist or review cause I figured I'd just get shit on haha, but hearing the old stuff was actually awesome, especially With You ( I wasn't expecting that at all), Papercut, Somewhere i Belong, and One Step Closer. And btw there was a pit most of the show, despite it being mostly just a bunch of kids. I agree that their new stuff is mostly just uneventful radio rock/electronic, but they still have a few not bad songs and actually still put on a great live show. I won't buy any of their newer albums, and I doubt I will see them again, but I'm definitely glad I saw them this time around and can cross one of my favorite childhood bands off the list of bands to see.
1/2 Forn
1/11 Mayhem/Revenge
2/7 Napalm Death

Tags
linkin park