Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-05-2012, 05:52 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
It is , it's even funnier that Ozzfest is out and Sabbath can't even get the best spots on the fest. Kinda pathetic.

Yet Jack White is the big headliner for the third day. Watching the live stream of him right now and still don't see why he is praised as a god.
Agreed, I like Jack White ok...but some people act like music would die without him.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Yet Jack White is the big headliner for the third day. Watching the live stream of him right now and still don't see why he is praised as a god.
To be fair, many people who don't listen to metal feel the same way towards bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, or Motörhead (just naming the big ones). How many people at Lollapalooza do you think saw Sabbath the same way? "Black Sabbath? What the fuck? They should've booked a good band like Interpol or Arcade Fire instead. I don't even understand why people like them anyway."
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 08-05-2012, 06:01 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
To be fair, many people who don't listen to metal feel the same way towards bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, or Motörhead (just naming the big ones). How many people at Lollapalooza do you think saw Sabbath the same way? "Black Sabbath? What the fuck? They should've booked a good band like Interpol or Arcade Fire instead. I don't even understand why people like them anyway."
You are right.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 PM
N00B

Quote:
Sabbath were the lower billed of the three day one headliners which were in order : Black Keys. Wale, Sabbath. Also only day one headliner to not be broadcast.
What are you talking about? Just go on the main site and you'll see Sabbath is billed #3, right above Jack White.

http://lineup.lollapalooza.com/

Even if you sort by day on that page, Sabbath is billed #2 on Friday and Wale is billed #10. Wale was never that high up. Sabbath not being streamed doesn't have to do with anything. On Youtube, they streamed RHCP and Avicii at the same time, who were on the main stages at the same time.
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Understand that booking Sabbath this time would be very tricky and perhaps billing them at the top is not a good idea.

Iommi's health could have taken a turn for the worst, which thankfully it did not. But at the time they were announced no one knew for sure. So by dropping them a bit on the billing, if they had pulled out it wouldn't have seemed like as big of a deal if they were slated to headline one of the days as the closing act/main headliner.

I recall Ozzy having to back out of several Ozzfest dates just about every year as one of the reasons that Live Nation decided to part ways with Ozzfest. At Lollapalooza ticket prices were higher and it was a larger festival due to it being a destination festival and Sabbath's only USA date for 2012. Even though they were a huge draw this year, if they billed them as the main headliner and they backed out if would have looked bad for Lollapalooza and Sabbath regardless of whether the reason was legit or not imo.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenzombie013 View Post
What are you talking about? Just go on the main site and you'll see Sabbath is billed #3, right above Jack White.

http://lineup.lollapalooza.com/

Even if you sort by day on that page, Sabbath is billed #2 on Friday and Wale is billed #10. Wale was never that high up. Sabbath not being streamed doesn't have to do with anything. On Youtube, they streamed RHCP and Avicii at the same time, who were on the main stages at the same time.
I know they streamed them at the same time and it doesn't matter the order on the ad since Sabbath headlined one stage, Black Keys headlined main stage, and Wale headlined another stage. All at the same time really.

I mean Jack White was the big headliner for day three and he's below Sabbath which leads me to believe that they are almost going by popular the name is which is why Black Keys and RHCP are first. RHCP just got inducted the the HOF and Black Keys sell out arenas now so they are more popular name base than say Black Sabbath to the general fan.

I mean hell even look at how Frank Ocean and Childish Gambino are on line 7. Frank Ocean will have one of the biggest selling rap albums of the year and Childish Gambino is only getting more popular and sells out 5,000 + person venues every time he tours here.

So the schedule is more realistic to go off of than the lineup card since even people down the list are still playing main stage.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 PM
N00B

one thing...Frank Ocean, while he is a part of the Odd Future camp, is strictly an R&B singer.
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 AM
N00B

I so would have been there
Symptom Of The Universe, Children of the Grave, The Wizard

Tags
black sabbath