Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I just found out GZA is performing all of Liquid Sword next month at the Observatory
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Old 09-02-2012, 04:40 PM

What happened....? Sep, are you all right??
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

15. No One Can Do it Better

Artist:The DOC
Producer: Dr. Dre
Recorded: 1988
Released: 1989
Album Title: No One Can Do it Better

No One Can Do It Better is The D.O.C.'s debut album, released on June 16, 1989. It reached number-one on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart for two weeks, while peaking in the Top 20 on the Billboard 200 chart. The album was certified gold by the RIAA three months after it was released, and platinum on April 21, 1994. This was the only solo album The D.O.C. was able to record before a car accident resulted in crushing his larynx, permanently changing his voice

The DOC was ahead of his time. Sadly his short lived career would be ended by a fatal car crash which destroyed and tore his vocal cords apart, rendering them useless now... But my god, back in the late 80s, there was no one that came close to the tone, flow or voice of the DOC. He could have grown to be one of the greatest lyricist of all time, and in many tracks he boasts and rants about his so called ahead of his time-MCing skills over Dr. Dres instrumentals. Not many people know this, but after DOC stopped rapping he started to ghost write for Dr Dre. For those that donno: Ghost writing is when you write lyrics for someone but don't wanna take credit and just let your self be UKNOWN hence the term GHOST WRITING. It's pretty well known in the realm of Rap that the DOC ghost wrote most, if not all of Dr. Dres lyrics in the Chronic 1992, and Chronic 2001. Its a shame his short yet epic skillful mic career ended so quick, or else this guy would have been probably been up there with some of the greatest of all time such as, RAKIM, big daddy kane, krs, gza, guru, all of them. DOC proves he was one of the greatest and lets all y'all know that...

No Can do it Better

Such an amazing mc who got his mic life cut short..

Oh yeah and this is probably Dr. Dre at his most laid back, smoothiest, and most jazziest that I have ever seen him, goddamn these beats are amazing, especially "THE FORMULA". Everyones gotta check this shit out of for DOCs lyrics and dres beats. They just go together Like milk and cookies. Perfect combo, i sware if doc didn't get into a horrific car accident, and fuck his vocals up then I strongly believe that doc and dre would have been one of the greatest duos in the realm of hip hop(that is of course, if they recorded a couple more albums together).

COP THIS SHIT FOLKS: Dr Dre & The DOC come out with a stone cold classic. 14 MORE ALBUMS BABY. Cant believe its been almost a year since i first made this thread... I should stop being lazy and get this finished sooner or later, hell even natrlhi hopped back on the wagon and is finishing up his orgy list, i should try and get my high horse on this shindig and dish out a couple more albums before the year ends...or try to at least finish the damn thread...

anyways, CHECK OUT SOME BOMB DIGGY TRACKS FOLKS, PEACE

Let the Bass Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmm_CwbFRh8

The Formula
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFJGXEaKHFM

No One Can Do it Better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lHQ_uZA6Vk

Lend Me an Ear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yASSOA2r2VU

Portrait of a Masterpiece
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4nlPf14cM

The DOC and The Dr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91El76UQeUA
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 PM

YAY!!! You're back!! I've never heard the Doc, but will check out asap.
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I just found out GZA is performing all of Liquid Sword next month at the Observatory
Meh, I have seen Gza Perform Liquid Swords

August 2008 @ The El rey Theatre in Los Angeles

January 2009 @ The Echoplex

March 2009 @ the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa

August 2011 @ Rock The BELLS 2011. Hands down one of the greatest performances i have ever witnessed in my life. No other GZA performance will ever top this. Legendary performance. GZA just sounded fucking amazing.

August 2011@ Detroit Bar: It was GZAs birthday and he was wasted as fuck. He ended up pulling off a pretty horrible performance, and by the end of the set he was on the floor vomiting and hitting on people girlfriends. One fan even choked gza and ton of security came rushing in and had to stop the fight! A lot of crazy shit went down that night. Gza ended up getting carried out by Killah priest and a couple of security guards cause he was too wasted to move. So much for a good birthday! Ahahahah The detroit bar was fucking packed to the bone!!! But by the time it got near the end of the set there was only like 15 people. GZA pull what i would easily call one of the worst and most embarrassing performances ever. Piss poor performance by a piss faced drunk. He had one too many... :echo:

I'm gonna pass on the observatory show. Beside, Obituary is playing the night before at the key club and I really have my mind set on hitting that show up.

By the way chris, GZA is a major local in cali. He plays a shitload of times here in cali. It's almost tiring sadly. Mark my words, he will play at least 8-10 shows next year in southern cali alone. He has a shit ton of fan base down here and major love. I have never seen a gza show that is not full house. The Gza show at the Echoplex was more full than any metal show i have seen there. You can't even compare power of the riff, or the autopsy show to how packed the echoplex show is. its amazing how many times he plays here yet he still can sell the place down to the bone.
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 09-10-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Bout goddamn time.

What Chris Rock said about the album:

Before Dr. Dre found Snoop Dogg, he had the D.O.C. I was going to school in Brooklyn, and the only time you could see rap videos was on a weekend show with Ralph McDaniels called Video Music Box. D.O.C.'s video for "It's Funky Enough" premiered, and D.O.C. had an L.A. Kings hat on. When I came to school on Monday, half the kids in Brooklyn had L.A. Kings hats on. It was official. The whole album was great, especially the last cut, "The Grand Finale," with The D.O.C. and N.W.A.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Jesus Christ it's almost been a month. Get back to work!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 PM

God dammit!! Where's that next album??
8/10-Absinthe Rose
8/28-31-Muddy Roots
9/25-Slim Cessna
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

You should finish this list man.

I've been re-acquainting myself with old school hip-hop the last few days and I plan on checking out the stuff on this list I haven't heard, which is just about all of it.

I used to listen to really shitty rap in early high school along with a little bit of old school stuff, but then I stopped listening to it altogether. Now I'm coming back to the old school stuff and want to branch out and hear some more good hip-hop.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Sep where you at? Hip hop is something Ive been looking into lately