Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
N00B

Clearing things up

I've got lawn tickets to the maiden show on Thursday and Friday. I was just going to see how hard it would be to take my PDF file of my lawn ticket and photoshop it so instead of it saying LAWN seat: whatever, it would say GA/PIT.
(Thats why I wanted to see what the pit tickets looked like)

use my legit non-photoshopped ticket to get inside the venue and use my fake GA/PIT photoshopped ticket to try and get into the pit or to try and play dumb after I enter the venue go back with my fake ticket and try to get a wrist band for the GA.

I was at this venue for danzig a few months back and it didnt look that impossible.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neck666face View Post
I've got lawn tickets to the maiden show on Thursday and Friday. I was just going to see how hard it would be to take my PDF file of my lawn ticket and photoshop it so instead of it saying LAWN seat: whatever, it would say GA/PIT.
(Thats why I wanted to see what the pit tickets looked like)

use my legit non-photoshopped ticket to get inside the venue and use my fake GA/PIT photoshopped ticket to try and get into the pit or to try and play dumb after I enter the venue go back with my fake ticket and try to get a wrist band for the GA.

I was at this venue for danzig a few months back and it didnt look that impossible.
...Where to begin?

Okay, first off, there's a few anti-counterfeiting measures on tickets which people check for in the pit area, such as a "color-change" of sorts (hard to describe, but the paper looks greenish if viewed through intense light thanks to the paper it's printed on - not to mention some microprinting they check for that scanners completely fuck up on. Those flashlights aren't for nothing, you know; don't underestimate the security guards). I know that I sound like a complete smartass, but honestly, this is a really bad idea, since if you get caught, they're likely to throw you out at the least - and don't get thrown out of an Iron Maiden show. That's just painful.

You want into the pit so bad? Buy a floor ticket on Craigslist and try and sell the lawn ticket for shirt money outside the venue before the show starts. Just saying.
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Old 08-09-2012, 03:53 AM
D.B.B.

This guy's plan actually works. I do it at all ampitheather shows I got to. Just got to be really good at photoshop. I'm not doing it at Maiden though. Paperless tickets make it impossible.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
This guy's plan actually works. I do it at all ampitheather shows I got to. Just got to be really good at photoshop. I'm not doing it at Maiden though. Paperless tickets make it impossible.
hahaha or you can be like me and just fork over the money for tickets no matter what.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Interesting. What if you do get caught though? Can the venue press any charges against you for counterfeiting tickets?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Interesting. What if you do get caught though? Can the venue press any charges against you for counterfeiting tickets?
I would think so. Could be heavy charges.