Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopbuddy View Post
I saw them previously on the "first leg" of Final Frontier, which meant it had way too much Matter of Life and Death (an unlistenable album, IMO) and only El Dorado from FF (which I quite like).
2 out of 16 songs.

Lemme guess, you probably didn't even know which were from AMOLAD and which were from Dance of Death back in 2010.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-31-2012, 07:16 AM
N00B

I can think of a few reasons bands don't change their setlist:

-they're touring in different cities, different fans, most fans will only see the show once so why bother to change it
-stage setup, lights, videos, etc...is carefully planned for the one setlist they have (this was Rush's explanation)
-they only rehearsed the songs on the set list

Bands that DO change their setlist: Bruce Springsteen (different setlist every night, takes fan requests, changes setlist on the fly), Pearl Jam (different setlist every night, takes fan requests), Red Hot Chili Peppers (I think Kiedis writes the setlist on the day of the show)
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 AM
somebody somewhere

You say they soiled their music with synths? You can barely tell they are there for the most part. Come on now. I am talking about 7th son and SIT.

Last edited by marker; 07-31-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
I don't agree on the majority of your post, so instead of saying you're an idiot like I usually do, I will not make any comments
I am honoured by your restraint!

I am interested in your disagreement though, not that it matters one way or the other as this is all subjective and our respective opinions are equally wrong
Old 07-31-2012, 04:35 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
You say they soiled their music with synths? You can barely tell they are there for the most part. Come on now. I am talking about 7th son and SIT.
Hmm, I guess our perceptions are different. SIT and 7th quite a few of the songs the synths are front and centre, at least to my hearing. As I said, as I age I grow to be less of zealot and can extract the good stuff and respect the artist's attempts at varying their sound. SIT has some of my fav Maiden songs, though that was not the case 25 years ago!

I like a lot of the 7th Son songs (Infinite Dreams, Madness, Evil That Men Do, Good Die Young) for what that's worth.

Good discussions, I do enjoy this
Old 07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
2 out of 16 songs.

Lemme guess, you probably didn't even know which were from AMOLAD and which were from Dance of Death back in 2010.
You guess incorrectly, I have both albums, and like DoD quite a lot... If they'd included any Blaze stuff, I fully admit I'd have no idea what album it came from.

I don't understand the 2 of 16 reference The show I saw had 2x AMOLAD and 3x DoD and 4x BNW. I was very happy with the latter 7

Last edited by hoopbuddy; 07-31-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
This.

The rest... basically crap. Getting turned off by an album a favourite band puts out is fine. To not revisit when the next album comes out to see if they've improved, dumb. And the next? Dumber. And so on. Not even bothering with 12 years of output from a favourite band until the big media-headline-cliche reunion is pretty damn sad. I should probably stop saying "a favourite". I'm clearly wrong.
To each their own, sorry if I don't conform to your view of the world Perhaps you missed my "as I age I get more accepting/openminded"?
Old 07-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Concert Veteran

I don't understand when people complain about Maiden adding some synth into their sound on SIT and 7th Son? It's not like it became the dominate instrument or anything. Their sound was still driven by what it always has been Dave, Adrian, Steve and Nicko playing together. None of the instruments took a back seat to the synths and all they did was add a little atmosphere to the songs when they were used. Now, if you were to complain about a band like Rush who used the synths so much in the 80s it ended up being the dominate instrument and the guitar faded into the backround, I understand that completely. But I don't get what the problem was with the way Maiden did it, in fact I think they mixed the synths in perfectly with their sound.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I don't understand when people complain about Maiden adding some synth into their sound on SIT and 7th Son? It's not like it became the dominate instrument or anything. Their sound was still driven by what it always has been Dave, Adrian, Steve and Nicko playing together. None of the instruments took a back seat to the synths and all they did was add a little atmosphere to the songs when they were used. Now, if you were to complain about a band like Rush who used the synths so much in the 80s it ended up being the dominate instrument and the guitar faded into the backround, I understand that completely. But I don't get what the problem was with the way Maiden did it, in fact I think they mixed the synths in perfectly with their sound.
Completely agree.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Desert Dweller

Maiden go on at 9PM?

Tags
iron maiden