Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Oh wow, I didn't realize that, thanks! You said "speculation", just so you know. Tour organizers giving information is a little different from that, so maybe you should have clarified.
Lol true but its mostly speculation mixed with an official interview with John Reese and a few items passed along from trusted sources. They opened the floodgate this year a bit too early imo lol
Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 PM
From beyond beyond the thunder dome

I swear if John Reese says "we're trying to get Rammstein" for the 5th year in a row then I give up on Mayhem Festival.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
I swear if John Reese says "we're trying to get Rammstein" for the 5th year in a row then I give up on Mayhem Festival.
Rammstein will never open for another band, and they will never play for just an hour.

Also these people speculating that there will be all these super metal bands are stupid. Look at what fest you're talking about.
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Yeah with the possible exception of System of A Down none of those first-tier bands were ever do Mayhem Fest. I think something like a Rob Zombie/Deftones co-headliner would be solid and bring back two legit side stages instead of having some label half-ass a second stage with the shittier bands from their label.
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Rammstein will never open for another band, and they will never play for just an hour.

Also these people speculating that there will be all these super metal bands are stupid. Look at what fest you're talking about.

I agree to an extent. I think getting Rammstein or SoaD is possible but I wouldn't bet on it. However, since they are now giving up one of the small stages/bands and directing that money towards a more popular headliner, it is a possibility. However, expect only one.

I think Deftones would be a good headliner. I can easily see Deftones, LoG, KsE with Korn or Rob Zombie headlining. If a bigger named band headliner, I would expect two out of the 3...

Mainstage:
Rammstein
Deftones
KsE

Jager Stage Headliner:
Hatebreed

Rotating Bands:
Cannibal Corpse
Bring Me the Horizon
Suicide Silence

Opening Bands:
Gojira
Baroness

That would be totally feasible IF they only use one stage. If they use a lesser priced headliner (Korn or Rob Zombie) I would expect Lamb of God, KsE AND Deftones (or bands of that stature) along with some other bands and a second small stage but who really knows for sure. They really change their format up if you look at how the festival is ran every few years.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Why not? Both Slayer and Megadeth have done that. If Rammstein somehow thinks that they are above that in anyway then the band has some serious issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I agree to an extent. I think getting Rammstein or SoaD is possible but I wouldn't bet on it. However, since they are now giving up one of the small stages/bands and directing that money towards a more popular headliner, it is a possibility. However, expect only one.

I think Deftones would be a good headliner. I can easily see Deftones, LoG, KsE with Korn or Rob Zombie headlining. If a bigger named band headliner, I would expect two out of the 3...

Mainstage:
Rammstein
Deftones
KsE

Jager Stage Headliner:
Hatebreed

Rotating Bands:
Cannibal Corpse
Bring Me the Horizon
Suicide Silence

Opening Bands:
Gojira
Baroness
AKA: The year mayhem festival goes under due to bad ticket sales

If you think that lineup would be able to fill up the venues mayhem plays every year you're kidding yourself. Rammstein just isn't that popular or that big of a draw. Sure, they've filled some arenas in north america recently but that's just because fans are traveling to see them since it so rare that they tour here. You're not gonna get all those people to follow them on the 30 something dates mayhem does over the summer.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:11 PM
From beyond beyond the thunder dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Why not? Both Slayer and Megadeth have done that. If Rammstein somehow thinks that they are above that in anyway then the band has some serious issues. If you think that lineup would be able to fill up the venues mayhem plays every year you're kidding yourself. Rammstein just isn't that popular or that big of a draw. Sure, they've filled some arenas in north america recently but that's just because fans are traveling to see them since it so rare that they tour here. You're not gonna get all those people to follow them on the 30 something dates mayhem does over the summer.
With all due respect to Megadeth & Slayer, Rammstein drew more people alone than Megadeth & Slayer did on their tour together. Rammstein's latest US tour was 21 dates and all of them were arena shows that sold very well. Besides, the Mayhem Festival organizers have tried to get Rammstein on the bill since 2009 but can't afford to pay for 36 semi-trucks and 6 buses to travel to 30 dates.

Oh any by the way, arguing that Rammstein is on Mayhem Fest 2013 is pointless anyway since the band themselves have confirmed they are touring Europe in the Summer of 2013.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

People who think SOAD or Rammstein will ever do Mayhem have one too many chromosomes.
12/20 Cormorant/Wildhunt
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
With all due respect to Megadeth & Slayer, Rammstein drew more people alone than Megadeth & Slayer did on their tour together. Rammstein's latest US tour was 21 dates and all of them were arena shows that sold very well. Besides, the Mayhem Festival organizers have tried to get Rammstein on the bill since 2009 but can't afford to pay for 36 semi-trucks and 6 buses to travel to 30 dates.
The reason Rammstein drew so well is because they never tour here so fans were eager to see them. There were probably many who went to more than one show as well. Slayer and Megadeth have toured here so much that the fans are not gonna have the same kind of enthusiasm when it comes to seeing them. Get Rammstein to tour here as often as Megadeth and Slayer do and the will probably draw around the same those two do on their own. Also, if Megadeth and Slayer only toured here once ever ten years like Rammstein, they would both be able to fill arenas on their own. Rammstein isn't really that popular, it's just the rariety of them touring here that is getting them to fill arenas.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I really really hope Deftones aren't a headliner if they played. Personally I think closing the show with them would be a terrible move.

Plus I really don't like them.

Also it'd be a cool move if next year they actually had a headlining set for someone on side stage. That spot should go to KSE next year. Talk about drawing a crowd.