Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Old Guy

Damn, I would have loved to see this but I lived a million miles from anywhere at the time and didn't hear about any of the smaller touring shows since the internet didn't exist yet. The closest I got to a Sepultura show was watching the Arise tour video that came out, this setlist is much cooler. You can record cassettes to PC with a standard tape deck and a 2 RCA - headphone jack stereo cable too and something like Goldwave, I would love to hear this.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:25 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
Unfortunately I do not have, and cannot afford anything like the cable shown in the link. I am out of work right now so even if it is super-cheap it is still beyond my means. Also my PC is old and outdated and I donít meet the minimum system requirements listed for the software that comes with it. It says you need 1GB RAM, and Windows Vista or Windows 7 and I have 512MB RAM and Windows XP. I will still somehow try to transfer my old bootlegs to digital, but it will take some time, please be patient.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zla Vydra View Post
Thanks for posting that. I saw that tour in Austin when I was a sophomore at the Univ. of Texas. It's cool that there was a big crowd in Chicago, because, as was usually the case, there definitely was not in Austin. There might have been 100-150 people at the Back Room (now, I believe, the site of Emo's East). I don't remember that much about the show except:
1) Everyone hated or ignored Sadus
2) I was disappointed that Obituary didn't play Body Bag
3) Igor played fast as fuck and it seemed like Max was on speed.
I canít believe the Austin show was so empty. Was it 21 & over? The Chicago show was all ages and 90% of the crowd was definitely under 21 so if the Austin show was age restricted I can see that making a big impact on the size of the crowd. I understand Austin is smaller than Chicago, but I was under the impression that Austin is still pretty big. From what I have heard over the years I was under the impression the ďSOS TourĒ did pretty well in other cities other than Chicago. I know they played Milwaukee the night before Chicago and I heard that show was at the much larger Eagles Ballroom. From what I heard it wasnít sold out or anything, but the Eagles Ballroom is huge and is part of a multi-venue complex and is the largest room in the venue and I can only assume if the show drew poorly it would have been in one of the smaller halls.

PS: at the Chicago show, during Obituary everyone was chanting for ďBody BagĒ too!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:26 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner666 View Post
Unfortunately I do not have, and cannot afford anything like the cable shown in the link. I am out of work right now so even if it is super-cheap it is still beyond my means. Also my PC is old and outdated and I donít meet the minimum system requirements listed for the software that comes with it. It says you need 1GB RAM, and Windows Vista or Windows 7 and I have 512MB RAM and Windows XP. I will still somehow try to transfer my old bootlegs to digital, but it will take some time, please be patient.
ok, so send it to me.
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
ok, so send it to me.
Um, Ďcuz Iím broke, as in so broke I canít even afford postage. Sorry if this comes off as dick-ish, but Iím not gonna mail you my only copy. I canít afford blank tapes to make an extra copy and as I stated I canít even afford postage right now regardless.

The good news is I finally found a cable that works. I found a cable with RCA jacks on one end and a mini-headphone jack on the other end. I was able to run the line out from my tape deck to the microphone jack to my PC. I started with the Obituary set first since it is shorter and it is currently a ďwork in progress,Ē but the free software I downloaded to capture, edit and convert the files is being a little tricky. Since it a live show and there are no breaks (crowd noise throughout) I had originally planned on just capturing the show as one giant track and then splitting the tracks afterwards so I can break up the songs in the right spot.

Unfortunately, while the program I used does allow you to split up tracks, it only does so ďon the flyĒ and not afterwards as I had hoped. Iím gonna see if I can work around this, but I may need to re-start from scratch. Give me a few days to try and figure something out. I will get this done, I swear, just please give me some time and please be patient.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
You can record cassettes to PC with a standard tape deck and a 2 RCA - headphone jack stereo cable too and something like Goldwave, I would love to hear this.
That's the cable I meant, I was hoping you already had one. I would recommend Goldwave (shareware), it will let you record the whole tape as one big file and then you can copy selected portions of the big file into their own separate files. It's very quick and easy and how I converted a few files in the past.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:17 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
That's the cable I meant, I was hoping you already had one. I would recommend Goldwave (shareware), it will let you record the whole tape as one big file and then you can copy selected portions of the big file into their own separate files. It's very quick and easy and how I converted a few files in the past.
I finally figured out how to split the tracks using the program I already have (Audiograbber). I just had to do a few extra steps and jump through a few extra hoops, but finally I managed it. This is my first time taking an old cassette tape and converting it to digital media so it's a bit of a learning process for me (trial and error). I'll look into Goldwave for the future, but I'm already about halfway through with this project so I'll just tough it out with what I have.

Being broke sucks, if I could afford to mail bobbie solo a copy and let him deal with converting it I would, this is already giving me a headache, but I'm learning how to do something new and when I'm done I can share the show so its worth it!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 PM
N00B

OK, Iím done with the Obituary portion of the show, but first I have to ask:

Are we allowed to post links to bootlegs on this board?

I kinda/sorta new to the board and I donít want to be booted (no pun intended).
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner666 View Post
OK, Iím done with the Obituary portion of the show, but first I have to ask:

Are we allowed to post links to bootlegs on this board?

I kinda/sorta new to the board and I donít want to be booted (no pun intended).
Bootlegs are OK.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
N00B

Obituary -- Chicago, IL -- December 9th, 1990

http://depositfiles.com/files/kt6jmrgg8

Tags
obituary, sadus, sepultura