Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014

Old 07-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Dark Knight Rises

In light of recent events, I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIT-SYVPV8s
Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Rats off to ya

Rush Limbaugh is a fucking moron. I can't wait for that guy to die.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

You know I haven't read all of the behind the scenes/interviews on DKR, but I heard that Heath Ledger dying really fucked over Nolan's plan for the third movie, as it was supposed to feature "the final confrontation" between Batman & The Joker as it would never happen in the comics.

Also, am I the only person who thinks that whatever story they've given for Joseph Gordon Levitt for the movie is a complete red herring and he's actually going to be the Joker? I mean he does look a lot like Heath Ledger after all...
Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You know I haven't read all of the behind the scenes/interviews on DKR, but I heard that Heath Ledger dying really fucked over Nolan's plan for the third movie, as it was supposed to feature "the final confrontation" between Batman & The Joker as it would never happen in the comics.

Also, am I the only person who thinks that whatever story they've given for Joseph Gordon Levitt for the movie is a complete red herring and he's actually going to be the Joker? I mean he does look a lot like Heath Ledger after all...
Damn that would've been interesting.
And no, I feel like Gordon Levitt is only in there because Christopher Nolan has a boner for him.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Damn that would've been interesting.
And no, I feel like Gordon Levitt is only in there because Christopher Nolan has a boner for him.
Who doesn't?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I can't wait to see it tomorrow in Imax! I have tickets for the 330am show.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I can't wait to see it tomorrow in Imax! I have tickets for the 330am show.
DUDE me too! Haha
Old 07-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

You know, by having this story take place 8 years after the ending of the Dark Knight, and Bruce Wayne being retired as Batman, Nolan really shot himself in the balls. The only semblance of why the ending of the Dark Knight worked was because it gave off a "to be continued" vibe, which really pissed the audience off not because, it wasn't good writing, but because the audience is left with questions unanswered. They will easily pay money to see how the hell Batman is gonna get out of this one, Or rather, how is Bruce Wayne going to be able to deal with his inner demons of wanting to help people even though he made himself a cop killer? More or less the same way Empire Strikes Back didn't quite resolve everything at once.

Well, by right off the bat by saying "yea he makes it home and convinces himself to stop being Batman for many years," what fucking motivation do I have to see this movie? As far as I'm concerned the story pretty much ends right there. Batman makes the ultimate sacrifice, Joker is captured, the legacy of Harvey Dent lives on and everyone lives happily ever after!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I also wonder if he only killed off Dent because he thought he was going to still have Ledger/the Joker around for the next one. I still think he could have done more with Two Face.

Still unbelievably stoked to see this, though. I've got a ticket for 9:40 tomorrow night
Old 07-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

As far as I'm concerned he never became Two-Face. Two-Face is a comic book gimmicky character that makes the assholes in the academy cringe because they've forgotten how to be young, and has a split style suit and commits crimes based on twos. What we saw in the film was Harvey Dent with an axe to grind and a flesh-wound.