14. Kottack Attack
15. Blackout
16. Six String Sting
17. Big City Nights
---
18. Still Loving You
19. No One Like You
20. Rock You Like a Hurricane

My first time seeing them and it was even better than I expected. The guys were so full of energy and really attentive to individual fans. They were always throwing something or pointing and smiling. It was really cool. I caught a drumstick that Klaus threw out during The Zoo (he probably threw out 50 drumsticks over the course of the night ) and after the show Rudolph threw me a pick and James threw me a stick. The pick is awesome because it's tie-dyed, one of the highlights of my collection to be sure. I wrote up a sign for the guys in German thanking them for 40 years of great music and Rudolph and Klaus seemed to get a kick out of it and gave me a thumbs up.

At the end of the show Klaus said it was the last North American date for 2012 but never say never for the future. So who knows if they'll be back again. The attendance seemed pretty decent and the crowd was loud but I know this tour hasn't been selling great in a lot of markets so it may be awhile before promoters want them back. I thought the setlist was great, screw the haters. It was cool that they threw In Trance in there just for this show. I really liked the interactive video drum solo thing James does. I had never been to a show with a catwalk before so it was interesting. Most of the time there were always other members on the stage to watch even when one or two was out on the catwalk behind me.

Night Ranger opened and they were pretty good. I wouldn't buy a CD but they were fun, energetic, and had a good attitude. It was interesting to see the guy who took Randy Rhoads spot play. They did a cover of about half of Crazy Train and a bit of Highway Star.

Overall a great night. I tried to catch them in 2010 and couldn't and then I tried really hard to catch them last fall in Germany but they only did dates in the surrounding countries and nothing ever really worked out. So I'm glad to have finally got stung by Scorpions!
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac

Last edited by IrritatedTrout; 07-13-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:31 AM
N00B

Glad you had a good time. That is cool you got to see In Trance. The haters of the set list, me included at times, don't understand why songs like that don't make more of an appearance. They are a great band, I have been seeing them since the 80's. Sad they are done, but I never thought that at 46, (yes I am old) that I would ever have had the opportunity to still see bands that I loved when I was 15, Scorpions, Priest, Maiden, Sabbath/Ozzy and many others. That is what makes this brand of music so great. It is timeless.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

fuuuuuuuck completely forgot about this

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 07-13-2012, 08:58 AM
N00B

There were way less people there for Scorpions than for Def Leppard on Tuesday.

I thought Night Ranger sounded great, but played almost the same set as at M3. Scorpions sounded fantastic! I agree that it was nice to hear IN TRANCE. Was hoping for some more extras for the last US tour stop(in 2012/allegedly ever...HA). Coulda used less Kottak attacks.

Night Ranger
  • Lay it on me
  • Sing me away
  • A Touch of Madness
  • Crazy train (cover)
  • Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight
  • High enough (Damn Yankees cover)
  • 4 in the Morning
  • When you close your eyes
  • Don't tell me you love me (w/ highway star interlude)
  • Sister Christian
  • You can Still rock in America
Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 AM
somebody somewhere

Glad you liked it, they were good in L.A. Pretty much the same set I got, except no In Trance. They did do Send Me An Angel at my show. I didn't really like the set, but I still enjoyed the show. Klaus was amazing on vocals. Believe it or not, there was probably over 17,000 at the L.A. show, but not surpising being such a big market. Biggest show I have seen them do in awhile, with plenty of pyro and a huge video screeen.

Last edited by marker; 07-13-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
fuuuuuuuck completely forgot about this
Fuck Fuck Fuck I can't believe they played such a great setlist. Knew I shoulda went....

Tags
night ranger, scorpions