Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

New SCORPIONS album in 2013

After announcing their retirement, this is easily their mostly prolific period for decades.

Mattias Jabs says they're using "unfinished songs from the early '80s, leftovers from the Blackout album, Love At First Sting, which some people think is our best time. We will dig in again and maybe have a selection of 16 to 18 songs and pick the best 12 from those. It's actually very good material. The idea came from the fans. They were the ones saying, 'There must be some extra material from those days,' and they were right. We're doing it the way we are recording albums today, but the basic ideas, the riffs, the feel, the way they were written and arranged, we try to keep as much from the old recordings as possible. Thirty years later no one would come up with these ideas we came up with when we were younger, so we want to keep that spirit in there."

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 07-06-2012, 07:03 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
After announcing their retirement, this is easily their mostly prolific period for decades.

Mattias Jabs says they're using "unfinished songs from the early '80s, leftovers from the Blackout album, Love At First Sting, which some people think is our best time. We will dig in again and maybe have a selection of 16 to 18 songs and pick the best 12 from those. It's actually very good material. The idea came from the fans. They were the ones saying, 'There must be some extra material from those days,' and they were right. We're doing it the way we are recording albums today, but the basic ideas, the riffs, the feel, the way they were written and arranged, we try to keep as much from the old recordings as possible. Thirty years later no one would come up with these ideas we came up with when we were younger, so we want to keep that spirit in there."
I read "unfinished songs" and I thought there was another new Van Halen coming out already.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Cool if they release some updated stuff from that period as long as it's good and not half-baked. I'm really excited to see them for the first time next week but I don't know what to make of this retirement thing. Is this actually their last North American tour? It was kinda cool to say I'm seeing their last ever NA show.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac