Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 AM
One who onions things

Mayhem Festival -- Mountain View, CA -- July 1st, 2012

I had a great time, despite the overwhelmingly high ratio of poop to awesome. Got to hang with and see a huge amount of friends, and even made a couple throughout the day. I even ran into some kids from high school that I hadn't seen in a year.

Anthrax ruled. Their 40 minutes was an absolute blast, and honestly their setlist was a ton of fun, even if I'd heard all the songs before. Jason Bittner did an okay job on drums, he missed a lot of Charlie's signature fills and fell off time a couple of times.

1. Caught in a Mosh
2. Got the Time
3. Fight 'Em Till You Can't
4. Antisocial
5. Indians
6. Madhouse
7. I Am the Law

The sheer insanity from the set also caused this. Only some of the blood is mine by the way.

Next for me was Motorhead, and they were fun as always. Mikkey Dee is still one of the best drummers ever, and Phil and Lemmy are still hilarious in between songs. I hadn't heard Bomber and The One to Sing the Blues before so that was a ton of fun. Bomber was pretty much as badass of an opener as one could expect. And yes friends, they didn't play Metropolis and Stay Clean wasn't the second song. It was amazing.

1. Bomber
2. Damage Case
3. I Know How to Die
4. Stay Clean
5. Over the Top
6. The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
7. The One to Sing the Blues
8. Going to Brazil
9. Killed by Death
10. Ace of Spades
11. Overkill

Slayer's set was awesome as hell, Gary Holt has seriously kicked some life into these guys. He was running around everywhere and was generally being a badass throughout the entire set. On a random note, my friends and I were originally going to pregame in the parking lot with him, his wife and a bunch of other random bay area folks, but traffic affecting a bunch of us killed that plan. And yes, the band actually covered Strike of the Beast and it was sick. Tom flubbed some of the lyrics during the second verse, but no one cared because everyone was having a fun time. When they played the opening riff, my friends and I all thought Gary was just teasing the crowd, but then they actually did the full song and we went nuts. This friends, is why the bay area rules. Yeah we missed Die By The Sword because the band had to stick to the set times, but I'll personally take live Exodus songs over live Slayer songs any day. Also, Hell Awaits is such an amazing song live, I can't believe they didn't play it for a few years.

1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Hate Worldwide
4. Mandatory Suicide
5. Altar of Sacrifice
6. Jesus Saves
7. Seasons in the Abyss
8. Hell Awaits
9. Dead Skin Mask
10. Strike of the Beast
11. Angel of Death
Encore
12. South of Heaven
13. Raining Blood

My friends and I bailed before Slipknot to beat traffic. Who am I kidding, we just didn't want to see Slipknot. Regardless of the fact that the sets were killer, I loved seeing so many of my friends that I hadn't hung out with in so long, and seeing all the bay area regulars around really was very cool. Time to go to sleep and find out if I can get out of bed tomorrow morning!

Last edited by Onioner; 07-03-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Strike of the Beast
Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM
N00B

LOL what's the story about the blood?

Sounds like you had a great time!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:11 AM
welp

I would fucking love if they did Strike for the rest of the tour, but I'm assuming it was special for this show.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:18 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Granted we are only 2 reviews in but I like the fact that pretty much all of the reviews start out that the first band they saw was Anthrax, and completely ignoring the rest of the 2nd stage which is the smart thing to do. Curious how many others will do this? I know if I was still going I'd be doing the same thing.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Granted we are only 2 reviews in but I like the fact that pretty much all of the reviews start out that the first band they saw was Anthrax, and completely ignoring the rest of the 2nd stage which is the smart thing to do. Curious how many others will do this? I know if I was still going I'd be doing the same thing.
I know I'm showing up to catch Whitechapel and As I Lay Dying, but that's about it.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 AM
N00B

Quote:
Im going early, Clown signs his book at 2 and Anthrax sign at 3

as for side stage bands I love AILD and want to see UABB
Old 07-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I know I'm showing up to catch Whitechapel and As I Lay Dying, but that's about it.
Exactly this. I don't hate TDWP either, so I'll watch their set as well.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 AM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Quote:
Nope I got there for As I Lay Dying, caught all there set minus one song I believe. Wouldn't minded to see Whitechapel but caught some traffic. And personally I enjoyed As I Lay Dying a lot more than Anthrax.
Asking Alaxandria though avoid at all cost
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM
welp

I actually kinda wanna see Asking Alexandria for the lulz.

Tags
anthrax, motorhead, slayer