The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-01-2012, 09:09 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
No one, they only played with one guitarist and I'm sure they did that bassist in the back thing again. Like that dude said above Anthrax set was nothing special but they put on a hell of show. The person who asked about Gently, it sounded damn good. During the song they did that fake snow thing from Disasterpiece DVD. I saw all of Motorhead but I know jack about em so I can't confirm that above set. Overall had a great time so much fun pits, crowdsurfed a good amount especially during SLAYEEER!!! Only negative thing is there was a decent amount of skin heads, during Motorhead a couple fights broke...fuckin lame. Parking sucked as well. Lastly, TDWP opening up mainstage was fucking dumb. They got booed and beer/stuff chugged at them. crowd did not dig em at all. I mean if ya don't like a band that's fine but don't disrespect them unless they do a douchy thing.
I still don't understand why TDWP is on the mainstage and Anthrax is on the 2nd stage. Are TDWP even a big band at all?

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I still don't understand why TDWP is on the mainstage and Anthrax is on the 2nd stage. Are TDWP even a big band at all?
I guess. I mean the rotating bands(Asking Alexandria,AILD,TDWP) all sell albums and can easily fill venues like House of Blues and even bigger. When I saw TDWP they sold out the show well before the day of the show and it's about the size if not bigger than House of Blues.I just say fuck rotating slot thing and let Anthrax open main stage to please the peeps who don't like the -core bands.
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
welp

Quote:
Anthrax requested to headline the 2nd stage.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:22 AM
N00B

Quote:
They headline the same size venues here
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Ok here's my review of the show. I left my girlfriends house around 6 with a few friends and we all got to the venue around 6:30ish but it took 20 minutes or so to find parking. It was so terrible! We parked about a mile from the venue. I'm not exaggerating cause it took us almost twenty minutes to walk from my car to the gate. As I walked up to the gate, I noticed there wasn't a line! This seriously caught me off guard cause I was expecting to have to wait about 45 minutes in line. We were inside a bit after 7 and I could hear Motorhead playing. I checked out the alcohol prices and it was $13 for a large beer and $16 for a mixed drink Fuck that!! My girlfriend was also horrified when we got inside because she didn't know what to expect. She described it as a "White Trash Swap Meet" We went to our seats and were sitting down by the time Over the Top was being played. I thought they sounded amazing, but there were some sound problems and I couldn't really hear Lemmy's voice that well. Slayer went on a bit after and had the same sound problem. Tom's voice seemed a little low in the mix, but the rest of the band sounded amazing. I was so happy to hear Hell Awaits, Altar of Sacrifice and Jesus Saves being played again! My girlfriend thinks Gary looks like Aragorn haha.. After a 45 minute wait, the lights finally went out and the intro track began for Slipknot. It would have been cool to hear them play Killers are Quiet instead of it just being the intro, but w/e. I was happy to see them bring back the jump suits and some of their old masks. I was tripping out for the first few songs because Jim wasn't there. Corey then went on to tell everyone that Jim's appendix burst a few weeks ago and he's waiting to undergo surgery soon. They sounded really good but we were over being there after the Heritic Anthem, so we left early to beat the traffic. After making the 20 minute walk back to my car, I was out of the parking lot and on the freeway by 11:30 It was definitely a good time!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
"White Trash Swap Meet" !
This! Totally agree here. So many nasty looking peeps
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
N00B

Glad to see Hell Awaits and Seasons in the Slayer set. That set looks killer. I just wish they would open with something other than Disciple. I have no problem with the song. It's just they opened with it last Mayhem fest and a shit-ton of other tours throughout the last 11 years.

Again i'll say i wish Slayer would do their own U.S. headlining tour for once. 13 songs isn't that much.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktooth85 View Post
Glad to see Hell Awaits and Seasons in the Slayer set. That set looks killer. I just wish they would open with something other than Disciple. I have no problem with the song. It's just they opened with it last Mayhem fest and a shit-ton of other tours throughout the last 11 years.

Again i'll say i wish Slayer would do their own U.S. headlining tour for once. 13 songs isn't that much.
Well I missed 2009 Mayhem Fest and all Slayer shows before it, so in my case I couldn't be happier they opened with Disciple. It's something I'd been wanting to see for a long time and the 3 times I saw them in 2010/11 they opened with World Painted Blood instead.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:43 PM
D.B.B.

Tom looked pretty outta shape...
Old 07-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Tom looked pretty outta shape...
I don't think Slayer has that much left in them. Maybe a couple years at the most. If I get one or two more opportunities to see them I'm definitely not passing it up. But luckily Ive seen them 4 times the past 3 years.

Tags
anthrax, as i lay dying, asking alexandria, mayhem festival, motorhead, slayer, slipknot, the devil wears prada, whitechapel