Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014

Old 06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I've been trying to think what may be my all-time favorite ECW match and that may well be it. The part where Sabu's bicept gets ripped open and he's tapping it up, all while being suplexed by Funk and completly no-selling it, is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

My favorite ECW memory as a whole is when Jerry Lawler "invaded" at Barely Legal. That whole segment was just intense.
I NEED to see that Sabu match. I hear about it on every documentary, yet have never witnessed it.

Also, really? Everytime I see segments of the Jerry Lawler "invasion" I think it seems dumb and random... I guess I just need to watch the whole thing

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-29-2012, 05:02 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I NEED to see that Sabu match. I hear about it on every documentary, yet have never witnessed it.

Also, really? Everytime I see segments of the Jerry Lawler "invasion" I think it seems dumb and random... I guess I just need to watch the whole thing
It's on the Bloodsport DVD, if you can find it you should buy it.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 06-29-2012, 05:13 PM
N00B

Can't say I'm as stoked about this year's MITB PPV as I was about last years.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:05 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Actually it wasn't random at all. This was around 96/97 when WWF and ECW had a wroking agreement with each other and the guys from ECW were showing up on RAW for a bit. Vince was just trying to get an up and coming wrestling organization some national exposure and it worked out well for ECW and raised their profile quite a bit.

One of the main things in the breif time they did this was Jerry Lawler's real life distain for ECW was used in the storyline. He would have words with Heyman and put down the guys from there every chance he got. He became a really hated guy because of that, espcially to the ECW faithful. So when he showed up on an ECW PPV in the sacred ECW arena he got a ton of heat from the crowd and it set up a match with Tommy Dreamer. Everyone at this point wanted to see Lawler get his ass kicked, honestly who doesn't since he's so goddam annoying. Basically, Lawler's "invasion" made sense and it set up what every ECW fan wanted to see and that was Tommy Dreamer beating him at the next PPV.

Yes, I know I just showed what a huge wrestling nerd I am with what I wrote above. But this was the Attitude/Monday Night Wars era and old school ECW in it's prime, if you watched it during this time you can never forget what happened and how great it was
Old 06-30-2012, 07:23 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Ahhh man. That was RIGHT BEFORE I started to get into Wrestling myself, so whenever I see footage of it I get confused since they don't give THAT MUCH of a back story to the whole situation. Thanks for the info!!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 07-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Concert Veteran

Talking about the old ECW has got me thinking about all the shows I went to. My city was a regular stop for them from 1997 until they went out of buisness. They usually stopped by at least twice a year. Some of them were TV tapings while others were just house shows. We also got one PPV here, the November To Remember in 1999.

I'm gonna have to compile a list of all the cool stuff I saw at these ECW shows and i'll post it as soon as i'm finished with it.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

For anyone who remembers him Paul Bearer from WWE just emailed me.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

How can you NOT remember Paul Bearer!
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Actually it wasn't random at all. This was around 96/97 when WWF and ECW had a wroking agreement with each other and the guys from ECW were showing up on RAW for a bit. Vince was just trying to get an up and coming wrestling organization some national exposure and it worked out well for ECW and raised their profile quite a bit.

One of the main things in the breif time they did this was Jerry Lawler's real life distain for ECW was used in the storyline. He would have words with Heyman and put down the guys from there every chance he got. He became a really hated guy because of that, espcially to the ECW faithful. So when he showed up on an ECW PPV in the sacred ECW arena he got a ton of heat from the crowd and it set up a match with Tommy Dreamer. Everyone at this point wanted to see Lawler get his ass kicked, honestly who doesn't since he's so goddam annoying. Basically, Lawler's "invasion" made sense and it set up what every ECW fan wanted to see and that was Tommy Dreamer beating him at the next PPV.

Yes, I know I just showed what a huge wrestling nerd I am with what I wrote above. But this was the Attitude/Monday Night Wars era and old school ECW in it's prime, if you watched it during this time you can never forget what happened and how great it was
It blows my mind that Lawler is a babyface in Memphis.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
It blows my mind that Lawler is a babyface in Memphis.
It blows my mind that he's been as mediocre as he's been his whole career (wrestling, talking, commentating) and yet still has a regular job in the WWF/E going on about 20 years now. Seriously, the only person who's been crappier at their job for longer is Michael Cole, Lawler was at least OK for his first year or two in the WWF. The sad thing is Lawler is built up to be some kind of legend in the buisness but what has ever really done? He's a minor league wrestler, always has been and always will be. Hell, even a lot of the guys from the original ECW can say the got a run in WCW, WWF or both as fulltime wrestlers, Lawler never even got that far back in his supposed heyday.

Speaking of completely unappealing performers, can anyone explain to me the appeal of Jeff Hardy and why fans love him so much? He's sloppy in the ring and he can't talk worth a damn. Am I supposed to like him just because he paints his face goofy colors and he used to jump off cages/ladders and go through tables 12 years ago? The guy is just flat out annoying.