Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #171  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post


Miss May I

Genre: Melodic Metalcore

Top tracks according to their Last.FM:

1. Hey Mister
2. Tides
3. Opening Wounds

So this band is basically Unearth. Especially their newer stuff. It's actually not terrible at all. Don't you love it how deathcore bands are branching out and leaving behind that disgusting genre? But yeah, I may not be so much into them live, but on record they are definitely a solid pick for when you just want some dumb, generic, but still fun melodic metalcore.

Rating: 7/10

Dates playing: All dates.
Surprised you like them. I think they are decent as well and their new album is comparable with the rest of the material in their discography. The Unearth comparison though
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 06-20-2012, 06:20 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Surprised you like them. I think they are decent as well and their new album is comparable with the rest of the material in their discography. The Unearth comparison though
You saying Unearth is better, or that they don't sound like Unearth? 'Cause I can totally see the Unearth comparison.

Agree on NFG, so godly. I always liked Blink more, but whateva.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 06-20-2012, 07:05 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
You saying Unearth is better, or that they don't sound like Unearth? 'Cause I can totally see the Unearth comparison.

Agree on NFG, so godly. I always liked Blink more, but whateva.
Both actually. I can't even see the correlation between Unearth and Miss May I and Unearth is a much, much better band.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:25 AM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Both actually. I can't even see the correlation between Unearth and Miss May I and Unearth is a much, much better band.
Definitely this.

It's like two different styles of metalcore.
__________________
8/29 Sleep
9/5 Skeletonwitch ?
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,487
If NFG played all of Sticks and Stones, Warped Tour admission would be worth it just for that. Them and Title Fight are the bands I'm most looking forward too seeing as how I haven't seen em. The "metal" bands this year pale in comparison to last year, August Burn Red and Devil Wears Prada
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:42 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
If NFG played all of Sticks and Stones, Warped Tour admission would be worth it just for that. Them and Title Fight are the bands I'm most looking forward too seeing as how I haven't seen em. The "metal" bands this year pale in comparison to last year, August Burn Red and Devil Wears Prada
ABR was pretty tight though. Big Chocolate was where it was at last year for me. Him and Less Than Jake were my favorites that I caught.
__________________
8/29 Sleep
9/5 Skeletonwitch ?
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
ABR was pretty tight though. Big Chocolate was where it was at last year for me. Him and Less Than Jake were my favorites that I caught.
DWP is a top show for me this year right behind ABR and Enter Shikari. Didnt go last year cuz of summer school BUT this Friday should be awesome. Pop Punk Awesomeness
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:05 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
DWP is a top show for me this year right behind ABR and Enter Shikari. Didnt go last year cuz of summer school BUT this Friday should be awesome. Pop Punk Awesomeness
Haha. I actually saw Enter Shikari instead of TDWP at Warped last year. They were so damn good and put on a hell of a show.
__________________
8/29 Sleep
9/5 Skeletonwitch ?
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:36 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,704
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
If NFG played all of Sticks and Stones, Warped Tour admission would be worth it just for that. Them and Title Fight are the bands I'm most looking forward too seeing as how I haven't seen em. The "metal" bands this year pale in comparison to last year, August Burn Red and Devil Wears Prada
I honestly might put Radiosurgery on the same level of amazing-ness as Sticks and Stones.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,704
Blog Entries: 19
Okay, there's not really a point to me finishing this now, since Warped is already in full swing. :P

Here's the rest of the bands I really think you should check out, if you go:

Rise Against
Rise To Remain
Senses Fail
Streetlight Manifestro
Taking Back Sunday (Manky seal of approval)
The Used
Title Fight
Transit
We Are The In Crowd
Yellowcard

Here are all the bands, if you wanna do some of your own research.

Enjoy Warped!
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008