It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEtoROCK86 View Post
If they add Infinite Dreams then it's post worthy since it's different, that's my point. Not if it's 100% the same every night. I actually never understood why bands play the same set night to night. It's not only boring for the crowd, but especially the band. Change it up, make it exciting.
believe it or not, like 99.9% of people who go to shows dont seek out and obsess over setlists on the internet and dont care that its the same every night.

as for why huge bands like this play the same setlists every night, the big reason is they are putting on a highly produced "show" (lights, pyro, etc) that doesnt really allow for much deviation. and then you know, theres the need to please that afforementioned 99.9% of people who dont give a shit about deepcuts and just want to hear the "hits". not to mention any band, especially one with such a large catalog, can only have so many songs rehearsed.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
If nobody posted it then how would we know they didn't play it?
Exactly what I was thinking, and the tour is still pretty new. And if op didn't post it somebody else would anyways. Good review.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
believe it or not, like 99.9% of people who go to shows dont seek out and obsess over setlists on the internet and dont care that its the same every night.

as for why huge bands like this play the same setlists every night, the big reason is they are putting on a highly produced "show" (lights, pyro, etc) that doesnt really allow for much deviation. and then you know, theres the need to please that afforementioned 99.9% of people who dont give a shit about deepcuts and just want to hear the "hits". not to mention any band, especially one with such a large catalog, can only have so many songs rehearsed.
This. My friend went to see Maiden two nights in a row back on the 08 tour and he said Bruce gave the same speech between songs both nights
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

In Ace Frehley's book "No Regrets" he says that one of the big reasons he left KISS was because the show was getting so "produced". With all the lighting cues, pyro cues, etc , there was little or no room to improvise anymore and the gigs were identical from night to night.... He would find his mind wandering during the show since he didnt even need to think about the playing or the performance anymore.
5/1-3 Beale St Music Festival
Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 AM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post

Metallica has a highly produced show and they change their set every night.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Metallica has a highly produced show and they change their set every night.
Metallica's show allows them to change things up. Iron Maiden has a lot more involved. Metallica doesn't have giant Eddies walking on and off stage and other big effects. When Metallica plays the special Black Album shows, they pretty much play the same set every night.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Concert Veteran

Nicko was on Eddie Trunk's show on monday and said the reason Hallowed isn't in the set is because the original set they had planned was going to be too brutal on Bruce's voice to sing night after night. So they did some rearranging and decided to take it out. He didn't say anything about Infinite Dreams but he did mention they went with ATSS so they could have a break in an otherwise upbeat set.

I guess what we can take from that is Infinite Dreams was probably one of the songs taken out to make sure Bruce wasn't killing his voice every night. It's too bad it won't get played, but at least we understand now why it didn't make the cut.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Yeah, this set is pretty challenging vocals-wise. He sounded pretty gassed during Aces High (which makes me wonder why they have it so late in the set).
Old 06-27-2012, 04:03 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

for the first time since 1979 Doug Hall is not behind the soundboard as their soundman. We don't know why . but maybe that explains a bit of the sound issues I keep reading in reviews

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
for the first time since 1979 Doug Hall is not behind the soundboard as their soundman. We don't know why . but maybe that explains a bit of the sound issues I keep reading in reviews

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Interesting. I didn't realize he wasn't behind the soundboard anymore.

I was at the show last night and one of the things I told my friend was even though Bruce is in his mid 50's he still brings the goods. The band itself was great as always. These guys are true professionals. The highlights for me was Seventh Son, Aces High and the Clairvoyant.

I made a comment on another thread that Afraid To Shot Strangers is out of place for this show, but after the show yesterday I have to say it works well in the set and was happy to see it performed.

Tags
iron maiden