Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 AM
N00B

Awesome show; I did the VIP deal; it was well worth it.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:53 AM
N00B

This NEEDS to come to Canada
Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrunt View Post
Awesome show; I did the VIP deal; it was well worth it.

I noticed there are 9 signatures, did the 2 vocalists sign it? I got VIP as well for the Orlando show, can't wait!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
I noticed there are 9 signatures, did the 2 vocalists sign it? I got VIP as well for the Orlando show, can't wait!
Yep, Matt and Charles are the two extra signatures. You should have a blast with your VIP package; I was happy I got mine.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Nice Review! Haven't listened to Death in a while but always enjoyed Sound of Perseverance a tons. Would've hit this up if cash wasn't tight. The Philosopher alone would of pleased me.
Basement-8/12
Old 06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
Yep, Matt and Charles are the two extra signatures. You should have a blast with your VIP package; I was happy I got mine.
Were the 2 vocalists present during the actual meet and greet or did you run into them later on?

I know this sounds stupid, but I'm not sure if I'd ask the vocalists to sign, I'm taking a drum head that i was to get signed by all 7 ex Death members + Richard Christy who will be at our show, it just would feel less valuable personally, idk i know it's dumb.

My 2nd item I'm taking is Cynic's "Traced In Air" LP to get signed by Sean and Paul, I'm a massive Cynic fan.

I'm hoping they'll sign the post I'm buying at the show too.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:32 PM
N00B

Also did you have time to actually have a conversation with any of the band members?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:40 PM
N00B

They had a row of tables that they all were sitting at (ex Death guys, Charles, and Matt). You can pick and choose whichever ones you want. I'm jealous that you get Richard Christy. There wasn't really much time to get photos but they did take a group photo with everyone and the band. You can talk to them a bit during the signing but I didn't want to be the guy that holds up the line so I kept it short and simple. Also, not really part of the meet and greet but I'm guessing Eric Greif will be there; definitely worth talking to him too; he can answer just about any question you have about Chuck and Death.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
My 2nd item I'm taking is Cynic's "Traced In Air" LP to get signed by Sean and Paul, I'm a massive Cynic fan.

I'm hoping they'll sign the post I'm buying at the show too.
I met Cynic on the Re-traced Re-focused tour a couple years ago. Paul is one of the nicest musicians ive ever talked to. Sean was cool too, he was a GIANT compaired to everyone else around us.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
They had a row of tables that they all were sitting at (ex Death guys, Charles, and Matt). You can pick and choose whichever ones you want. I'm jealous that you get Richard Christy. There wasn't really much time to get photos but they did take a group photo with everyone and the band. You can talk to them a bit during the signing but I didn't want to be the guy that holds up the line so I kept it short and simple. Also, not really part of the meet and greet but I'm guessing Eric Greif will be there; definitely worth talking to him too; he can answer just about any question you have about Chuck and Death.
I mainly just want a picture with Gene Hoglan and Sean Reinert, I'm a drummer and they're two of my biggest influences, so i hope the two of them would take a picture with me lol

I'm assuming the only time you really get to talk to any of them is during the dinner?

Also I mainly just want to talk to Gene, Sean and Paul lol, no disrespect to the others, they're great players, but these 3 guys are huge influences on me.

Tags
death, death to all, gorguts