Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Buahahahahaha

Warped Tour -- San Francisco, CA -- June 23rd, 2012

I only have one partial setlist, so this is mainly a (minimal) gig report

Due to my ride needing Starbucks and wanting one with a drive thru, we got on the free way at about 10 and didn't get to the parking of the venue until like 12 then finally got into the venue at a quarter to 1. Kinda bummed me out because I missed Railroad To Alaska and Polar Bear Club.

First band I caught was Funeral Party. They were pretty good. Didn't get much of a crowd reaction, but they were solid. The guitarist and singer had a good amount of energy, but other than that they weren't too entertaining to watch, but they sounded really good.

Next was Evey Time I Die, the band I knew the best and was lookin most forward to. They opened with Underwater Bimbos and the place erupted. Crowd surfers left and right and a constant push from the crowd. The band were energetic as could be and gave it their all. Their set consisted of *the hits. If it has a music video, they probably played it.

Every Time I Die(partial)
UWBFOS
Wanderlust
Floater
Bored Stiff
We'rewolf
I Suck (Blood)
Elaboroma

After some waiting, it was time for Streetlight Manifesto. They were a skanking good time! The band were full of energy and the crowd was tons of fun. The singer's stage banter was just mocking the usual stage banter and he was funny. Fun time!

Next was Anti-Flag. Try we're really fun and energetic. The crowd reaction was immense; they had people in the back singing every word and jumping up and down. They were fun and hearing some songs my friend always listened to during his punk days was cool.

Next was the best performance of the day, Hyro Da Hero. These cats were phenomenal. Everybody in the band had so much energy. You could tell they were having the time d their life, regardless of smallish crowd. They were almost like Dillinger in the way they moved around the stage like madmen. Hyro was an awesome front man, getting the crowd into it and just being over all super awesome. During their final song, Hyro got off the stage and into the middle of the crowd. Once the song started the crowd went apeshit and moshed hard. He went all around the outer stage area while rapping the song and was just getting into it. The crowd was absorbing his energy and spitting right back at him. That final song alone was probably one of the most intense, and intimate performances I've experienced. It's a shame the crowd wasn't bigger because that was a performance to remember. I'd love to see these guys again.

After that, I watched Transit for a song. It was the one with the music video of just them performing to a small crowd. They were pretty good and had a good crowd that were super into it. Once the song had finished, I went over to Pierce the Veil to see if I could meet up with my cousin. Unfortunately, by the time I got there they were half way done with their set and their crowd was fucking massive. So many scenie weenies. The band sounded alright but I only knew one song they played.*

After that both my ride and I ran out of bands we cared to see so we just took off early to beat traffic. First Warped was a fun time.*

Something I thought was worth mentioning; I saw hella many Iron Maiden shirts. Thought it was kind of odd, but awesome.

Funeral Party: 7.5/10
Every Time I Die: 8.5/10
Streetlight Manifesto: 8.5/10
Anti-Flag:8/10
Hyro da Hero: 9/10
Pierce the Veil: 7/10
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 06-24-2012, 01:24 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Didn't care to see New Found Glory

>idiot
>ignorant

choose 1
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Pierce the Veil: 7/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u-jzTWCHVA
Old 06-24-2012, 07:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Didn't care to see New Found Glory

>idiot
>ignorant

choose 1
seriously. if you're gonna actually subject yourself to the torture that is Warped Tour in 2012, you shouldn't skip NFG.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I regret watching their set and missing Transit. I only did it to see if I could run into my cousin, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't like PTV. They're one of two bands I still like from my "scene" days. I never dressed like a scene kid, but I was all up in that crab/emo/metal/scenecore shit for a good chunk of late 2009 and early 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
seriously. if you're gonna actually subject yourself to the torture that is Warped Tour in 2012, you shouldn't skip NFG.
Except Warped Tour wasn't toture. I enjoyed every band I saw, some a lot more than I thought I would, and had a blast. If you pay attention to my posts, it's obvious I don't like most pop punk or melodic hardcore, so it shouldn't be a surprise I had no interest in NFG. I knew JD was just yanking my chain, but you seem serious, which is why I bothered responding.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Been to Warped several times. Never subjected myself to NFG. Mainly because I wanted to actually enjoy my time. I've always avoided them & always had a good time. I think I'm onto something...
Old 06-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Been to Warped several times. Never subjected myself to NFG. Mainly because I wanted to actually enjoy my time. I've always avoided them & always had a good time. I think I'm onto something...
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I agree. Also interesting note on the Maiden shirts slap. When I attended I rarely ran into people wearing "good bands" tees or even NFG or TBS shirts, bands that I thought had massive popularity and were actually playing the event. I sported a Mastodon Remission shirt and merch peeps commented on it. haha Btw cool selection of bands you saw minus Pierce.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

So I just figured out I'll be able to go to Warped next weekend... WOOOHOOOOOOO

Question: What were major set time conflicts? The two bands I wanna see the most are New Found Glory and Streetlight, tell me I can see both.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
So I just figured out I'll be able to go to Warped next weekend... WOOOHOOOOOOO

Question: What were major set time conflicts? The two bands I wanna see the most are New Found Glory and Streetlight, tell me I can see both.

hahahah odds are we'll end up parting ways to watch different bands.

NFG will play main stage at night I'm guessing and Streetlight I don't know.

Tags
every time i die