Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 AM
N00B

It's a wonderful setlist from Maiden for sure. I DONT miss Wrathchild in the set at all, since ive seen it 3 times live. The first three songs on this are an explosive way to open the show.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 AM
N00B

How long are the sets for both?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:49 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog2112 View Post
How long are the sets for both?
Maiden played for 1 hour 45 minutes. I didn't keep track for Alice, but I would guess around an hour. Maiden went on at exactly 9:00.

This was my first time seeing Maiden since the Somewhere in Time tour (so, yeah, I've actually heard "Caught Somewhere in Time" live - 25 years ago). Bruce was wrong when he said it was their biggest crowd in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure we packed the Omni back in the mid-80s, but I don't blame him for not remembering.

Highlight for me was "Aces High." Lowlight was Bruce not shutting the fuck up during the leads in "Phantom of the Opera."
Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zla Vydra View Post
Maiden played for 1 hour 45 minutes. I didn't keep track for Alice, but I would guess around an hour. Maiden went on at exactly 9:00.

This was my first time seeing Maiden since the Somewhere in Time tour (so, yeah, I've actually heard "Caught Somewhere in Time" live - 25 years ago). Bruce was wrong when he said it was their biggest crowd in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure we packed the Omni back in the mid-80s, but I don't blame him for not remembering.

Highlight for me was "Aces High." Lowlight was Bruce not shutting the fuck up during the leads in "Phantom of the Opera."
I saw the CSIT Tour in the 80s They opened with CSIT I remember Bruce wearing the jacket that would light up and Dave had these big ass red spaceboots on
Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 AM
N00B

Cooper played 45 min
Maiden like 1 hr 45 or 50

Show was amazing, maybe the best show I have ever seen. Wasted Years, Phantom, and Evil That Men Do were highlights for me.
Four Year Strong
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I think on the 2010 tour they made some changes after the first three or four shows. So over the next week we will find out if any changes are being made. The setlist is really good and they can keep it the way it is. Anyone who complains about this setlist is just being an ass.
Agreed. I could see passing on it if you've heard the songs live 5 or 6 times but since my first Maiden show was back in 2010 I'm pretty stoked about this set.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:04 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

I really hope they keep in ATSS. And I never dreamed in a million years that they'd do Aces again! That's my most favorite vocal performance ever! OMG! WOW! July 21 can't get here fast enough!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

I can't wait for this show on Tuesday! I've seen a million concerts, but this is my first Maiden show!

BTW - who gripes about setlists more? Maiden fans or Metallica fans?
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO
Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 PM
N00B

I wanted to write a review last night, but I was too damn tired. I feel like this was an excellent first Maiden show experience. I don't have anything to compare it to, but there's no beating Seventh Son. The highlight of the night for me was either the 1-2 punch of The Trooper/Number of the Beast, or Aces High. Since Aces was my first Maiden song, it made it all the more amazing.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:36 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I really hope they keep in ATSS. And I never dreamed in a million years that they'd do Aces again! That's my most favorite vocal performance ever! OMG! WOW! July 21 can't get here fast enough!
Forgot to mention that there was a very impressive exodus to the men's room during "Afraid to Shoot Strangers." I got back to my seat just in time for the opening riff to "The Trooper."

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden