After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Žķestru

Iron Maiden -- Atlanta, GA -- June 23rd, 2012

The setlists for both bands were the same as opening night in Charlotte. But since this was my first time seeing either band, I'd like to make this thread. Alice Cooper sounded fantastic, especially considering his age. Unfortunately, I missed the beginning of his set because I was in line for a shirt. (By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong about the first couple of songs of his setlist.) I'm not too familiar with his music, but I think I'll have to remedy that now. Really glad I got to see him.

Iron Maiden were... phenomenal. Every bit as great as I hoped they'd be. I've been waiting for years to see them, and I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get to. The last time they were in Atlanta was in 1997 with Blaze Bayley (I believe). When I heard they were finally returning, and focusing on songs from my favorite album of theirs, there was no way I could miss it. Everyone was in top form and put in an energetic performance. Bruce undersang sometimes, but I can't fault him for it, seeing as he's 53 years old, and was running around the stage like a madman the whole time. Eddie came out during 'Run to the Hills' wielding a giant sabre. Janick threw his guitar and twirled it around like a true showman. Adrian and Dave were as cool as ever, nailing every solo. Steve was the commanding presence he always is, and it was a treat to finally see the 'machine-gun bass' in person. And lastly, Nicko was precise and powerful on the drums, kicking ass and never missing a beat. I could hardly be happier with my first Iron Maiden live experience, although I did miss 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' and maybe 'Wrathchild' or something from 'Killers'. Oh well, small fries. Maybe it won't be so long until they return to Atlanta (or wherever I happen to be), and I'll be sure to be there. Now for the setlists:

ALICE COOPER

1. The Black Widow
2. Brutal Planet
3. I'm Eighteen
4. No More Mr. Nice Guy
5. Hey Stoopid
6. Billion Dollar Babies
7. Feed My Frankenstein
8. Poison
9. Wicked Young Man
---I Love the Dead excerpt
10. School's Out

IRON MAIDEN

1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play with Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. 2 Minutes to Midnight
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. The Trooper
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. Run to the Hills
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

Last edited by Fates Guardian; 06-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fates Guardian View Post
The setlists for both bands were the same as opening night in Charlotte. But since this was my first time seeing either band, I'd like to make this thread. Alice Cooper sounded fantastic, especially considering his age. Unfortunately, I missed the beginning of his set because I was in line for a shirt. (By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong about the first couple of songs of his setlist.) I'm not too familiar with his music, but I think I'll have to remedy that now. Really glad I got to see him.

Iron Maiden were... phenomenal. Every bit as great as I hoped they'd be. I've been waiting for years to see them, and I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get to. The last time they were in Atlanta was in 1997 with Blaze Bayley (I believe). When I heard they were finally returning, and focusing on songs from my favorite album of theirs, there was no way I could miss it. Everyone was in top form and put in an energetic performance. Bruce undersang sometimes, but I can't fault him for it, seeing as he's 53 years old, and was running around the stage like a madman the whole time. Eddie came out during 'Run to the Hills' wielding a giant sabre. Janick threw his guitar and twirled it around like a true showman. Adrian and Dave were as cool as ever, nailing every solo. Steve was the commanding presence he always is, and it was a treat to finally see the 'machine-gun bass' in person. And lastly, Nicko was precise and powerful on the drums, kicking ass and never missing a beat. I could hardly be happier with my first Iron Maiden live experience, although I did miss 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' and maybe 'Wrathchild' or something from 'Killers'. Oh well, small fries. Maybe it won't be so long until they return to Atlanta (or wherever I happen to be), and I'll be sure to be there. Now for the setlists:

ALICE COOPER

1. The Black Widow
2. Brutal Planet
3. I'm Eighteen
4. No More Mr. Nice Guy
5. Hey Stoopid
6. I'll Bite Your Face Off
7. Feed My Frankenstein
8. Poison
9. Wicked Young Man
---I Love the Dead excerpt
10. School's Out

IRON MAIDEN

1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play with Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. 2 Minutes to Midnight
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. The Trooper
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. Run to the Hills
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free
Great review, I am glad they are touring places in the US that they haven't done in a long time and I am sure the response will have them coming back to Atlanta and others again and again

I cannot wait for August 13th this setlist is pretty much tits (If I was to change it, I would switch out Running Free for Hallowed, and Wasted Years for Stranger in a Stranger land; yes Stranger wasn't played in 1988 but fuck it) I've seen them twice and they put on a great show, even at their ages

Oh, I guess I am a little sad that Still Life didn't make it;
Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Žķestru

Thanks for the compliment! This is the first time I've ever posted a setlist here, so I was a tad reluctant. You're gonna have a blast at this show. I'm with you on 'Stranger in a Strange Land'; I'd love to see them play that. 'Caught Somewhere in Time' is my number 1 'man I wish they'd play this song' song, but they only played it in '86/'87 during Somewhere on Tour. A man can dream though... a man can dream.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fates Guardian View Post
Thanks for the compliment! This is the first time I've ever posted a setlist here, so I was a tad reluctant. You're gonna have a blast at this show. I'm with you on 'Stranger in a Strange Land'; I'd love to see them play that. 'Caught Somewhere in Time' is my number 1 'man I wish they'd play this song' song, but they only played it in '86/'87 during Somewhere on Tour. A man can dream though... a man can dream.
Ah yes Caught Somewhere in Time, another one I'd like to hear to; in fact I would have no problem with them playing the entire album: time, wasted, Sea of Madness, Stranger, Runner, Alexander
Old 06-24-2012, 05:05 AM
N00B

Actually, Cooper changed his set last night, axing I'll Bite Your Face Off and playing Billion Dollar Babies in its place.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 AM
N00B

Surprised that Maiden didn't make any adjustments to the set.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Surprised that Maiden didn't make any adjustments to the set.
I think on the 2010 tour they made some changes after the first three or four shows. So over the next week we will find out if any changes are being made. The setlist is really good and they can keep it the way it is. Anyone who complains about this setlist is just being an ass.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:34 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Was at the show aswell! Interviewed twice by IMTV, so that was fun. I'll link to photos and a video when I get back home in Florida.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:05 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Great review, dude. Theres nothing like a Maiden show. There are some songs id like to hear them play too, but this set is gold, so no complaints here. Cooper opening is just a bonus. He is one of the very few that can come close to Maiden live. Cant wait to see them in a couple weeks.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Ah yes Caught Somewhere in Time, another one I'd like to hear to; in fact I would have no problem with them playing the entire album: time, wasted, Sea of Madness, Stranger, Runner, Alexander
I would lose my mind if they played the entire album. My favorite Maiden album. These songs have been very underplayed over the years.

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden