After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
haha I am diehard wrestling fan. Love off WWF and diehard WCW and ECW fan.

I'm just shocked now thinking about it , how many big names wrestlers I've met and talked to.
Terry Funk (twice) *
Holy fucking shit! Terry Funk is a Hardcore legend. Him and Mick Foley hands down. Sure they were not even close to technical or complex performers, but goddamn have they both been in some of the most brutal, most bloodiest fucking blood fucking most disgusting and most hellish matches ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Please dont remind me of that.
my bad
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Holy fucking shit! Terry Funk is a Hardcore legend. Him and Mick Foley hands down. Sure they were not even close to technical or complex performers, but goddamn have they both been in some of the most brutal, most bloodiest fucking blood fucking most disgusting and most hellish matches ever.

my bad
Terry Funk is the nicest guy ever. First time I met him my dad had him sign his ECW belt that we have signed by most of the orginal champions (including Catcus Jack!) and Funk was just in awe by it. Second time we met him we had him sign the picture of me and him and he was like "ahhh I remember that, that belt is awesome" then had took a bunch of pictures with so I had some good ones with him.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

I feel that WWE kinda died when Kurt Angle got big. He was great, but I feel made things a bit bland at times :\

Any chance anyone watched Impact last night? I hate that brand a lot, but had nothing else to do and turned it on. The ending was horrific, if you thought WWF's Katie Vick storyline was horrendous.... wow... this was just pathetic.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I feel that WWE kinda died when Kurt Angle got big. He was great, but I feel made things a bit bland at times :\

Any chance anyone watched Impact last night? I hate that brand a lot, but had nothing else to do and turned it on. The ending was horrific, if you thought WWF's Katie Vick storyline was horrendous.... wow... this was just pathetic.
I watched TNA for about the first year it was on Spike. But once it became the Land of the WWE Rejects it started getting really bad. And too many backstage segments. Plus commercials on Spike are usually 40% of the hour. Too much going against it.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 06-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:

I liked Kurt Angel when he was a babyface, ,the second he got real big and turned heel and dropped the whole gold medal thing I hated him.

Also when TNA started I loved it, LOVE the 6 sided ring, they use to have alot of matches with little talk and now it is talk with a few matches just like WWE.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:

I agree that the stroyline on Impact with AJ Styles and Dixie Carter is fucking awful. The strange thing is Impact has actually been a really good show over the last several months. They utilize their roster better than the WWE does and they actually put emphasis on the championships and make them seem credible and worth something. Robert Roode's world title run has been done very well and Austin Aries X division title run has been excellent. Wrestling always runs a stupid storyline or two but overall TNA I think has been really good lately. If you actually watch a few full episodes and give them a chance you'll see what i'm talking about. They've got rid of the cancer that was Vince Russo as head writer and even though the AJ Styles story is terrible, they are doing a lot of other things very well. Most of their rivalries are booked well now and are making sense, which is way better than the ADD booking Vince Russo used to do.

Some interesting info here, the last Raw that took place under the WWF name was here in Buffalo and I attended it. I also went to a lot of shows when I was a kid back in the 80s and saw all the guys from back then live. Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake The Snake Roberts, Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Rude, Ric Flair, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, LOD, the list goes on and on. The show where the Honkey Tonk Man beat Ricky Steamboat for the IC title also happened here in Buffalo and I was in attendance to see the start of the longest IC title run in the company's history.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:59 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I also went to a lot of shows when I was a kid back in the 80s and saw all the guys from back then live. Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake The Snake Roberts, Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Rude, Ric Flair, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, LOD, the list goes on and on. The show where the Honkey Tonk Man beat Ricky Steamboat for the IC title also happened here in Buffalo and I was in attendance to see the start of the longest IC title run in the company's history.
Damn, that's fucking awesome. It's crazy since half those performers are now dead, but you were fortunate enough to see some of those guys!

The only person on that list that i have seen are Rick Flair and Hulk Hogan
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-23-2012, 07:22 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I agree that the stroyline on Impact with AJ Styles and Dixie Carter is fucking awful. The strange thing is Impact has actually been a really good show over the last several months. They utilize their roster better than the WWE does and they actually put emphasis on the championships and make them seem credible and worth something. Robert Roode's world title run has been done very well and Austin Aries X division title run has been excellent. Wrestling always runs a stupid storyline or two but overall TNA I think has been really good lately. If you actually watch a few full episodes and give them a chance you'll see what i'm talking about. They've got rid of the cancer that was Vince Russo as head writer and even though the AJ Styles story is terrible, they are doing a lot of other things very well. Most of their rivalries are booked well now and are making sense, which is way better than the ADD booking Vince Russo used to do.

Some interesting info here, the last Raw that took place under the WWF name was here in Buffalo and I attended it. I also went to a lot of shows when I was a kid back in the 80s and saw all the guys from back then live. Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake The Snake Roberts, Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Rude, Ric Flair, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, LOD, the list goes on and on. The show where the Honkey Tonk Man beat Ricky Steamboat for the IC title also happened here in Buffalo and I was in attendance to see the start of the longest IC title run in the company's history.
They got rid of Russo!?!?! I may have to give it another chance. I always forget when Impact is on, so I channel surf and then catch the last 30 minutes of it. I want to give it a chance, but it is hard for me to watch, but it isn't just TNA, WWE has been hard to watch as well, unless CM Punk or Daniel Bryan are on.

The main thing I actually give TNA credit for is the fact that their women's division is better than WWE's. They have the eye candy, but at the same time have the skill and can put on a good match. WWE is just about showing off some T&A in between the sweaty dudes in tights rolling all over each other.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-23-2012, 05:58 PM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

I stopped watching wrestling for a while but recently got back into it. Like some peeps have said, all the young talent is what keeps me watching. Specifically Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, etc. Wrestling wise though TNA and WWE have been both solid, just storylines with their big stars have been dumb. Hopefully we get a 60 min Iron Man match between Bryan and Punk.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 PM

So the indie show I went to last night had one NO DQ match and they used a cookie sheet I gave them and one wrestler had my dad (we know the guy) throw a chair into the ring and then had everyone in the venue go old school ECW and all start throwing every chair into the venue.

And the hardcore tornado tag cage match WAS FUCKING OVER THE TOP INSANE! All four guys bled like pigs and used another cookie sheet I gave them. They all feel in thumb tacks a bunch, used a trashcan and a 2X4. Ended the match with one guy going off the top of the cage threw a table that was on fire. The guy lit it using a entire bottle of lighter fluid and the guy that went threw it stayed on fire. I was like 6 feet from the ring. INSANE!