Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: Marvel vs DC
Marvel 22 81.48%
DC 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I said 'hero'. The X-men are a group of heroes.
True. But Hero wise Marvel beats Dc with X-Men along.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
masterguy49's Avatar
masterguy49 masterguy49 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,620
It's hard to say really, I like the characters in Marvel more, but recently DC has been pulling some really awesome stories in many of the Batman books(that goes for the bat family really, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Batwomen, etc.), Animal Man, and The Swamp Thing. Even Aquaman has been awesome to read It's also easy to forget Watchmen and Sandman(two of the greatest graphic novels) came out from DC. Marvel has had awesome crossovers and events, something DC didn't have much of. It's hard to say, but I've always been a marvel person all around, due to Spider-Man being my favorite hero. Overall though they have their ups and downs.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
It's hard to say really, I like the characters in Marvel more, but recently DC has been pulling some really awesome stories in many of the Batman books(that goes for the bat family really, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Batwomen, etc.), Animal Man, and The Swamp Thing. Even Aquaman has been awesome to read It's also easy to forget Watchmen and Sandman(two of the greatest graphic novels) came out from DC. Marvel has had awesome crossovers and events, something DC didn't have much of. It's hard to say, but I've always been a marvel person all around, due to Spider-Man being my favorite hero. Overall though they have their ups and downs.
Totally forgot about that.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM
masterguy49's Avatar
masterguy49 masterguy49 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Totally forgot about that.
Most people do, overall I like DC as a company better, but I enjoy more characters out of Marvel. So I went with Marvel.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,072
It's kinda equal to me. I live Iron Man as much as Batman. Hulk as much as Green Lantern. etc.

I guess if I had to choose it would go to Marvel because Stan Lee is fucking awesome.
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
masterguy49's Avatar
masterguy49 masterguy49 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
It's kinda equal to me. I live Iron Man as much as Batman. Hulk as much as Green Lantern. etc.

I guess if I had to choose it would go to Marvel because Stan Lee is fucking awesome.
Why!? Iron Man is a fucking asshole, Bruce Wayne acts like an asshole to cover it up, but Tony Stark is just a genuine asshole
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-13-2012, 11:36 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
Four graves...
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Why!? Iron Man is a fucking asshole, Bruce Wayne acts like an asshole to cover it up, but Tony Stark is just a genuine asshole
Stark being an alcoholic asshole is entertaining as fuck though.
__________________
4/18 Ringworm
4/19 Y&T
4/25 Behemoth
4/26 Possessed ?
4/27 Iron Reagan ?
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Stark being an alcoholic asshole is entertaining as fuck though.
Said it so I didn't have to. Smartasses, when done right, are funny as hell.
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
Four graves...
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Said it so I didn't have to. Smartasses, when done right, are funny as hell.
Exactly.
__________________
4/18 Ringworm
4/19 Y&T
4/25 Behemoth
4/26 Possessed ?
4/27 Iron Reagan ?
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-14-2012, 05:52 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,661
Even though my first comic purchases were DC, Marvel (and Image) is the company that turned me into a comic nerd for the better part of my teenage years.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008