Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by girnny777 View Post
Eat shit.
Pretty sure he meant it's lame they didn't play it, not that the song is lame.
__________________
9.28 Sadistic Intent / Morbid Saint
10.20 Raven
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM
girnny777's Avatar
girnny777 girnny777 is offline
Sad Wings Of Destiny
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trumbull, CT
Posts: 783
O

well

says here they did play it: http://www.bravewords.com/news/185081
__________________
10/16 - King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by girnny777 View Post
O

well

says here they did play it: http://www.bravewords.com/news/185081
They never get setlists right. Ever.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Pretty sure he meant it's lame they didn't play it, not that the song is lame.
Seriously. It's my #2 Sabbath song.


One thing I don't understand is why they don't play Hand of Doom. That's perfect for Ozzy's range.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Seriously. It's my #2 Sabbath song.


One thing I don't understand is why they don't play Hand of Doom. That's perfect for Ozzy's range.
Totally agree. Drop Dirty Women instead of Wheels of Confusion also.

I'm still mind blown that I might actually get to hear Sabbath play Under The Sun live before I die. One can dream...
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
I'll never understand when people ask why they never play SBS or anything off Sabotage? Do people not realize how high Ozzy's voice gets on those two albums at certian points? Especially on Sabotage. Ozzy's voice was never meant to go that high and I believe he did permanent damage to it by singing that way. If there was a way they could work out the songs live and still make everything sound good, i'm sure they would've played some of that material. They're certainly not avoiding those two albums for no good reason.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,973
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by girnny777 View Post
Eat shit.
Actually, you eat it.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'll never understand when people ask why they never play SBS or anything off Sabotage? Do people not realize how high Ozzy's voice gets on those two albums at certian points? Especially on Sabotage. Ozzy's voice was never meant to go that high and I believe he did permanent damage to it by singing that way. If there was a way they could work out the songs live and still make everything sound good, i'm sure they would've played some of that material. They're certainly not avoiding those two albums for no good reason.
Yup. Kinda surprised he can still do Sweet Leaf.

and agreed with jheldty, I always thought Dirty Women was lame.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black sabbath

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008