Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Your friends from Langley are back again...

The Cult -- Philadelphia, PA -- June 10th, 2012

After pre-gaming at a bar next door, my wife and I walked in just as Against Me was finishing their set so we really made it just in time for the Cult. Setlist was the same as the rest of the tour that I've seen but they definitely delivered for the most part. Still a lot of great energy live from these guys, we rocked out.

On another post I commented that I was bummed there weren't more songs from Sonic Temple and someone else replied that they must hate that album because they never play anything but Fire Woman. I must say after this show I must agree because Ian really half-assed Fire Woman, which is a bummer because I love that song. He either skipped or seemed to forget half the lyrics and really didn't bother to belt out the chorus like he used to. Kind of weird. The rest of the set was generally really solid though. They kicked ass on the new songs and were on top of their game for sure on Rain, She Sells Sanctuary and Love Removal Machine. We had a great time and the crowd response was really good too, though the venue was nowhere near sold out.

Shirts were $30 in case anyone is wondering.

Lil' Devil
Honey From A Knife
Rain
Lucifer
Nirvana
Embers
Fire Woman
The Wolf
Wild Flower
The Phoenix
For The Animals
Spirit Walker
She Sells Sanctuary

Rise
Love Removal Machine
Old 06-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Still playing the same boring set, and none of the best tracks from the new album. Definitely not going to bother seeing them on the UK tour.

16/9 Richie Kotzen
25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
Old 06-11-2012, 07:57 AM
N00B

I really wish they would play I Assassin, awesome song.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!

I almost went to this show because I really love the new CD and was hoping to hear those songs live. I'm sure glad I skipped it because I would have been disappointed by this setlist. I have seen The Cult once each decade since they've existed and I last saw them a few years ago and it was probably one of their best shows. I mean, why even bother making a great new album if you are only going to play a couple songs from it and then play the same 10 songs you've been playing for decades. Bummer.
The Dream Syndicate - 11/15
Steve Hackett - 11/20
Steve Hackett - 11/22
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I almost went to this show because I really love the new CD and was hoping to hear those songs live. I'm sure glad I skipped it because I would have been disappointed by this setlist. I have seen The Cult once each decade since they've existed and I last saw them a few years ago and it was probably one of their best shows. I mean, why even bother making a great new album if you are only going to play a couple songs from it and then play the same 10 songs you've been playing for decades. Bummer.
The thing is, the are playing four new songs. In a 16 song set that's pretty good. It's just they're not playing any of the really good ones. They're just playing the ones that sound like all the old ones. Actually, Billy suggested in a recent interview that they've tried to make a bunch of stuff that sounds like old stuff because their fans are always moaning about their new material. Guess that's why they chose the most obvious four to play live.

16/9 Richie Kotzen
25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
Old 06-11-2012, 01:09 PM
N00B

I hope they play RISE tomorrow, too. They really could play anything off of BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL and I'd be happy

Tags
the cult