Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

  #671  
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Chris_M_S's Avatar
Chris_M_S Chris_M_S is offline
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
Chris, I met one of your Metal Blade record mates at an Unearth show last Friday. Asked to use his cell phone, listened to his drunken ramblings for about 10 minutes. Fun stuff.
Who, Vince? Was he screaming about hockey?
__________________
Standin' on the podium, tryin' to watch my sodium
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 AM
cradle_of_maiden cradle_of_maiden is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 149
I fell like Coal Chamber would be awesome to see. It would be a fitting return to the states, especially since they are just getting together for fun. Playing a 30 minute set would be perfect. I'd definitely rather see Devildriver though.
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 AM
cradle_of_maiden cradle_of_maiden is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 149
Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, they could take into consideration that the King is back and needs to ease into a US tour as well. King Diamond headlining the second stage and push one of the generic break-down bands down to opener.
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Chris_M_S's Avatar
Chris_M_S Chris_M_S is offline
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 483
'generic break-down bands' meaning 'Anthrax,' the headliner?
__________________
Standin' on the podium, tryin' to watch my sodium
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 06-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle_of_maiden View Post
I fell like Coal Chamber would be awesome to see. It would be a fitting return to the states, especially since they are just getting together for fun. Playing a 30 minute set would be perfect. I'd definitely rather see Devildriver though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
pretty much the only realistic bands anyone has mentioned
I don't see how Prong is unrealistic
__________________
Fishbone
Boysetsfire
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Reply With Quote
  #676  
Old 06-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Chris_M_S's Avatar
Chris_M_S Chris_M_S is offline
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 483
I just have a hunch they'll pick something skewing towards a younger demographic. Not really based on anything, just a gut feeling.
__________________
Standin' on the podium, tryin' to watch my sodium
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
I just have a hunch they'll pick something skewing towards a younger demographic. Not really based on anything, just a gut feeling.
You could be right, but I have a feeling that's what the Sumerian stage is for. I think they will get an out-of place band to make up for High On Fire's absence.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 06-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
You could be right, but I have a feeling that's what the Sumerian stage is for. I think they will get an out-of place band to make up for High On Fire's absence.
see that's what I'm hoping on
__________________
Fishbone
Boysetsfire
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Chris_M_S's Avatar
Chris_M_S Chris_M_S is offline
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 483
Yeah I don't think they'll be like 'hey we need another biker metal band with really long songs.' Maybe they'll pick someone who does well in the markets that the tour is struggling in to hope to pick up some slack that way.
__________________
Standin' on the podium, tryin' to watch my sodium
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 06-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
Yeah I don't think they'll be like 'hey we need another biker metal band with really long songs.' Maybe they'll pick someone who does well in the markets that the tour is struggling in to hope to pick up some slack that way.
it's a 30 min opening slot, that already knocks several bands off a list of potentials
__________________
Fishbone
Boysetsfire
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008