Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I would have literally killed to see this show. I love Deftones and Sabbath and hearing Deftones open with the 1st half of pink maggit and close with the 2nd half is insane. You know the rest of their set?
I think they played 7 Words and Root off the first album, and My Own Summer (Shove it) and Be Quite and Drive (Far Away) off the second, and a few more. the only albums they had at the time were Adrenaline and Around the Fur.
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
What was the stage/theatre setup for this show? I know that when Skydome hosted concerts they had a number of configurations depending on who was playing. Just asking because as big as Sabbath are/were, drawing 50,000 people to the Dome is a hefty task for any band not named U2.

Also agree about the Pantera set. Not only is there nothing off of Great southern trendkill, but best songs from Far Beyond Driven aren't there.
That's hard for me to remember, it seemed packed but anything I can find on the internet today says there were only 20,000 people there. That seems like a huge waste to rent to Skydome to only fill it to 1/3 capacity. But the Air Canada Center had just opened a few weeks earlier so maybe it wasn't concert ready yet. You can bet that the up coming tour will be at the ACC.
03/07 -- Video Games Live

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
What was the stage/theatre setup for this show? I know that when Skydome hosted concerts they had a number of configurations depending on who was playing. Just asking because as big as Sabbath are/were, drawing 50,000 people to the Dome is a hefty task for any band not named U2.

Also agree about the Pantera set. Not only is there nothing off of Great southern trendkill, but best songs from Far Beyond Driven aren't there.
Yeah, but it was awesome that we got the rarely played Use My Third Arm on that run. If this site had been around during Pantera's history, people would have been bitching constantly about the sets. I saw Pantera 9 times and the set was 90% the same every time.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:52 AM
N00B

[Sanitarium78] Originally there was a date for Buffalo announced for this tour but for some reason it got cancelled before tickets went on sale

Tickets went on sale for that show. I had a pair, concert was cancelled because the show was not sold out a few hundred tixs were left and Sharon pulled the plug on it. Thats what I heard
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 AM
N00B

BUMP.

For anyone wondering about what Deftones played, I found a setlist from 3 days before this show with the same lineup (Deftones, Pantera, & Black Sabbath), so it was probably similar to this one:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/defton...y-bd60d4a.html
Old 06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
N00B

fuzzy

Not sure the tickets cost that much.. I was fresh out of college and had no job.. but I was there. I think we had fairly decent floor seats as well. I dont recall much about Pantera beyond Phil saluting the crowd with a bottle of JD that he was chugging on throughout the set.

Another friend of mine decided to pass on seeing this show and attend The Cardigans show that were playing at RPM (or warehouse.. or whatever its called now).

Still good times.

Tags
black sabbath, pantera