Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Nothing wrong with that. LOG shows are always amazing.
I hear crowds for LOG shows are just crazy violent.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:00 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Cannibal Corpse headlining 2 years ago, the two Black Dahlia Murder shows in a coffee house in DeKalb (bumfuck nowhere), and Lock Up. That's all I can think of at the top of my head.
All these, except Lock Up was somewhat eclipsed by Nasum.

The bloodiest pit I have ever seen was for some shitty hard rock band, Local H, in like 2008. Dudes were just streaming out of the pit, all bloody and beaten. When I saw Whitehcapel play at the aforementioned coffee house in my hometown, DeKalb (bumfuck nowhere). they had to call an ambulance during Whitechapel's set.

The craziest I've ever seen a band get was definitely The Ocean and Enter Shikari. Also, Bill from Decrepit Birth is a crazy stage diving motherfucker.

Some bands where the pits got pretty fucking nuts were Rotten Sound, Children of Bodom (House of Blues w/ TBDM, the Witch), TBDM any and every time I've seen them headline, Magrudergrind Scion Show seemed pretty intense, Decapitated (w/ Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod) got pretty nuts, Cannabis Corpse at a small ass bar was ridiculous, Paganfest a few months ago got pretty rowdy for Alestorm, not including the shows that GarageMetal mentioned above.

The shows that I personally have been the craziest at are any of the shows at the coffee house in my hometown because it's nice knowing that home is only a three minute drive away and Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel. I was pretty much in the pit for Anthrax's entire set, plus a bunch for Testament and at the end of Death Angel's.

The shows that were crazy/insane in a bad way were Molotov Solution/King Conquer and Whitechapel/The Acacia Strain.
9/27 Blood Feast
10/3 Judas Priest
10/4 Deceased
10/18 Satan
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Anyone familiar with Kettle Cadaver? My guitarist always talks about the shows they used to play with them. Their singer was attempting to be GG Allen and would cut himself and pound nails through certain body parts

....not everything has to do with the crowd...................

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Lamb of God at The Paradise in January. Lamb of God in a 900-person club nuff said'. I doubt I will ever see another as crazy as this one in my entire life. I was on the side and I was still getting fucked up from the crowd movements of the pit (I even lost one of my ear plugs) I'm surprised no one got severely hurt in all honesty.

Hatebreed at The Palladium December 19, 2009. With the exception of Lamb of God, I've never seen crazier pits at a show than Hatebreed. They took up the whole floor and did not die down from start to finish. The fact that there was a 40-something lady wearing a Christmas sweater crowd surfing non-stop only added to the insanity of the evening.

Killswitch Engage at the House of Blues Boston February 4, 2010: Massachusetts has a lot spawned a lot of metal bands and being from there means I have been fortunate enough to see a lot of hometown shows from a lot of great fucking bands. I have seen Unearth, The Red Chord, Revocation, All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Cave In, Death Before Dishonor, Dropkick Murphys, and some other play hometown shows, but none were crazier than Killswitch Engage. The crowd was going completely apeshit the whole time. There was a really fun crowd movement from start to finish, the pits were huge, crowdsurfing was pretty frequent, and the crowd was singing the words so loud they drowned out Howard Jones at times. I hope Killswitch plays another club show here with a non-shitty lineup sometime soon.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 06-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Death Angel @ GMM 2006:

I was right at the front just behind the bars, headbanging & smiling the whole time, pits going on everywhere. Mark Osegueda running around on stage with a bottle of wodka & a BIG grin.

Metallica @ Werchter Boutique 2012:

Not THAT crazy in terms of "physical" stuff, but the singing from the audience was the loudest I've ever experienced. I couldn't even speak properly for a while, luckily nobody heard me properly because my singing sucks to say the least...

Last edited by MetalIsArt; 06-05-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
All these, except Lock Up was somewhat eclipsed by Nasum.

The bloodiest pit I have ever seen was for some shitty hard rock band, Local H, in like 2008. Dudes were just streaming out of the pit, all bloody and beaten. When I saw Whitehcapel play at the aforementioned coffee house in my hometown, DeKalb (bumfuck nowhere). they had to call an ambulance during Whitechapel's set.

The craziest I've ever seen a band get was definitely The Ocean and Enter Shikari. Also, Bill from Decrepit Birth is a crazy stage diving motherfucker.

Some bands where the pits got pretty fucking nuts were Rotten Sound, Children of Bodom (House of Blues w/ TBDM, the Witch), TBDM any and every time I've seen them headline, Magrudergrind Scion Show seemed pretty intense, Decapitated (w/ Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod) got pretty nuts, Cannabis Corpse at a small ass bar was ridiculous, Paganfest a few months ago got pretty rowdy for Alestorm, not including the shows that GarageMetal mentioned above.

The shows that I personally have been the craziest at are any of the shows at the coffee house in my hometown because it's nice knowing that home is only a three minute drive away and Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel. I was pretty much in the pit for Anthrax's entire set, plus a bunch for Testament and at the end of Death Angel's.

The shows that were crazy/insane in a bad way were Molotov Solution/King Conquer and Whitechapel/The Acacia Strain.
Duh! Any show with The Acacia Strain is beyond violent. My friend went to the show they did at Mojoes with Terror and said during Acacia people were being knocked out and a few people went into seizures from being hit. And at Warped Tour last year they had to call ambulances in to carry out a few people from the pit during their set.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Buahahahahaha

I don't get the appeal of that. How does any of that sound like fun? Last thing I want to happen at a show is to be carried out because of an injury.
10/30 KING DIAMOND
11/06 Intronaut
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

The 3 craziest (read: worst) crowds I've ever seen were for the Saturday of MDF 2009, Megadeth in Norfolk, VA in 2010, and Motorhead in Stuttgart, Germany last November. Motorhead and Megadeth were just squishy and rough to the point of extreme distraction from the show, but it didn't completely ruin it. At MDF the crush was so intense during Bolt Thrower that I really couldn't enjoy the set it hurt so much. It was pretty much impossible to get out though. It sucked. At least it made since at MDF and at Motorhead to an extent given the size of the hall, it was just fucking stupid at Megadeth.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
I don't get the appeal of that. How does any of that sound like fun? Last thing I want to happen at a show is to be carried out because of an injury.
This, being someone who loves moshing, the last thing I ever want is an injury that will make me have to miss the rest of the show. My friend lost all his front teeth at Hatebreed in Mayhem 2010 and he wasn't even moshing, he was trying to get out of the pit that formed around us. Not cool.

Napalm was pretty crazy at MDF. Toxic Holocaust and Dillinger were probably the craziest though.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
This, being someone who loves moshing, the last thing I ever want is an injury that will make me have to miss the rest of the show. My friend lost all his front teeth at Hatebreed in Mayhem 2010 and he wasn't even moshing, he was trying to get out of the pit that formed around us. Not cool.

Napalm was pretty crazy at MDF. Toxic Holocaust and Dillinger were probably the craziest though.
Yea I mean I love moshing and crowd surfing more than most haha but I don't want to be hurt or purposely hurt others. Thankfully 99% of people I see at shows are the same way and always helping.

When I saw Trivium a few weeks ago the crowd was insanely nice. Everyone picked each other up and everyone would help get the crowd surfers up. Like one time I asked I had like 10 people come up and lift me just to make sure I got up there safely.