Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Sweet vinyl pickup, dude! They actually only had Vol. 1 at CiT
I actually brought that with me from home man lol its the limited Red/Blue edition of "The Second Coming". Thanks though! great album I saw they had Vol. 1 on CD and Vinyl. But since I'm not big on it, I didn't buy it. Their merch lady told me you guys in texas and florida went ape shit on the merch. So Houses sold out. Or else I would have bought it. They had three different shirts. A logo one, The Bundy one i bought (in the picture i posted) and A Richard Ramirez one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
FUCK YES. Dude, is that you with the band? Dude that is fucking awesome. I bet you had a great time my brother, I can tell you were really looking forward to this show and it definitely delivered. The show that I am attending is apparently 21 and over so I would assume it's at some bar, usually in my experiences at bar shows, the bands/artist always like to chill around the venue and talk with the fans. I bet Church of Misery will chill at the bar after the show is over. They seem like super laid back fellas that would wanna kick it old school with the fans and chat it up, i would assume the same will happen on tuesday since it's at a bar. I'm Super excited
Yeah man that's me and them! That is exactly how the Launchad is, I got their at 7:00 and they were just chatting it up with the people that came early. Taking pictures and signing shit and whatnot. I talked to Tom for a while and he said new album spring 2013! they already have 4 songs written and hopefully they come back next summer for another US tour. Troy from Hail!Hornet said Sourvein is doing a headlining fall tour and they're coming to Albuquerque.

I also single handedly lead the encore chant that got us Shotgun Boogie. I was in the center rail for the whole show. I got video of Megalomania and Shotgun Boogie I want to eventually post.

Last edited by hb420; 06-04-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb420 View Post
I actually brought that with me from home man lol its the limited Red/Blue edition of "The Second Coming". Thanks though! great album I saw they had Vol. 1 on CD and Vinyl. But since I'm not big on it, I didn't buy it. Their merch lady told me you guys in texas and florida went ape shit on the merch. So Houses sold out. Or else I would have bought it. They had three different shirts. A logo one, The Bundy one i bought (in the picture i posted) and A Richard Ramirez one.

Yeah man that's me and them! That is exactly how the Launchad is, I got their at 7:00 and they were just chatting it up with the people that came early. Taking pictures and signing shit and whatnot. I talked to Tom for a while and he said new album spring 2013! they already have 4 songs written and hopefully they come back next summer for another US tour. Troy from Hail!Hornet said Sourvein is doing a headlining fall tour and they're coming to Albuquerque.

I also single handedly lead the encore chant that got us Shotgun Boogie. I was in the center rail for the whole show. I got video of Megalomania and Shotgun Boogie I want to eventually post.
Damn, man. That sounds so epic, how was the turn out? I'm hoping i can get a nice spot on the rail as well and go ape shit, I was hoping to be more near Tatsu Mikami, such a fucking awesome yet groovy bassist.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Damn, man. That sounds so epic, how was the turn out? I'm hoping i can get a nice spot on the rail as well and go ape shit, I was hoping to be more near Tatsu Mikami, such a fucking awesome yet groovy bassist.
Their was about 50 people there by the time Church of Misery got on. Such a fucking shame too cause the cover charge to get in was only $10. Dude you're going to fucking flip when you hear Tatsu live man. The shit he does with his bass is unreal. When he started the intro to El Padrino I flipped. Oh and in case you're wondering shirts are just $15.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:35 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Their was about 50 people there by the time Church of Misery got on. Such a fucking shame too cause the cover charge to get in was only $10. Dude you're going to fucking flip when you hear Tatsu live man. The shit he does with his bass is unreal. When he started the intro to El Padrino I flipped. Oh and in case you're wondering shirts are just $15.
The show over here is only 12 bucks, and I'm pretty certain the turn out will be no different than yours, and you bet your sweet ass I will be stocking up on shirts. I usually always leave with like 3-4 shirts when I go to shows. I'm going to buy a second coming CD and hopefully Tatsu will sign it and maybe we can smoke a bowl or two outside the bar, it's happen to me before at bar shows

But it was a hip hop artist.

But I'm still looking forward to going ape shit and drooling at Tatsu Bass doodling and jam outs
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
The show over here is only 12 bucks, and I'm pretty certain the turn out will be no different than yours, and you bet your sweet ass I will be stocking up on shirts. I usually always leave with like 3-4 shirts when I go to shows. I'm going to buy a second coming CD and hopefully Tatsu will sign it and maybe we can smoke a bowl or two outside the bar, it's happen to me before at bar shows

But it was a hip hop artist.

But I'm still looking forward to going ape shit and drooling at Tatsu Bass doodling and jam outs
I bet the entire band would man! I would have certainly offered if I was in the position to partake in the herb. I remember getting to smoke with a certain sludge band that toured with AaL last year.

Be sure to give us your review man Tuesday night!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Does Church of Misery never play 'The Gray Man'?
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Does Church of Misery never play 'The Gray Man'?
That would have been awesome! I think it just sucks they sorta ignored The Second Coming. At least we got a rarity like Spahn Ranch.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 AM
not the mama

Quote:
and hopefully they come back next summer for another US tour.
God I hope they do and I either have a fake ID at that point or they decide to play a venue that's not 21+ like they did in Brooklyn this year.

Tags
church of misery, hail!hornet, the gates of slumber