Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Concert Veteran

I guess i'm in the minority here because I like Reload better. Maybe because i'm old enough to remember when Load was released and having to wait 5 years to get the follow up to TBA. Needless to say waiting five years for the garbage that Load had on it was a big disappoinment. That's probably why I like Reload better, my expectations were so low for it after Load that Reload actually exceeded them.

I think the singels off Load, Until It Sleeps, King Nothing and Hero Of The Day are some of the better songs on the album. The House Jack Built is good, Bleeding Me is OK but highly overrated by a lot of fans and The Outlaw Torn is good even though I think the song was dragged out too much and hurt the song a bit for me. The rest of the album is just forgetable garbage.

Reload I thought was a more consistant album and all around it's a solid hard rock album from begining to end. It had way less "what the fuck?" moments than Load which made if more enjoyable for me. I like the first four songs a lot and Where The Wild Things Are, Low Man's Lyric and Fixxxer are all very good songs that don't get the love they should and they easliy beat everything on Load.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 06-01-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:09 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I guess i'm in the minority here because I like Reload better. Maybe because i'm old enough to remember when Load was released and having to wait 5 years to get the follow up to TBA. Needless to say waiting five years for the garbage that Load had on it was a big disappoinment. That's probably why I like Reload better, my expectations were so low for it after Load that Reload actually exceeded them.

I think the singels off Load, Until It Sleeps, King Nothing and Hero Of The Day are some of the better songs on the album. Bleeding Me is OK but highly overrated by a lot of fans and The Outlaw Torn is good even though I think the song was dragged out too much and hurt the song a bit for me. The rest of the album is just forgetable garbage.

Reload I thought was a more consistant album and all around it's a solid hard rock album from begining to end. It had way less "what the fuck?" moments than Load which made if more enjoyable for me. I like the first four songs a lot and Where The Wild Things Are, Low Man's Lyric and Fixxxer are all very good songs that don't get the love they should and they easliy beat everything on Load.
I know exactly what you're saying, man. I remember the exact day I first heard 'Until It Sleeps', my friends and I were in an uproar. "James Hetfield has turned into a fucking pussy!" Then the album just confirmed all our fears, there was nothing fast, nothing epic, can this really be the same band?

For Re-Load, the bar was set much lower. Sure, there was a part of me that wanted a thrash-gasm, but I knew I was just getting more of the same, so for a long time I liked it a hell of a lot more than that bastard of an album, Load.

These days I don't hate either album, but I don't particularly like them. I do however think that Load is slightly better than Re-Load now. It's just a stronger and more consistent album overall.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

ReLoad
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 06-01-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

I think the singels off Load, Until It Sleeps, King Nothing and Hero Of The Day are some of the better songs on the album. Bleeding Me is OK but highly overrated by a lot of fans and The Outlaw Torn is good even though I think the song was dragged out too much and hurt the song a bit for me. The rest of the album is just forgetable garbage.

this. I always liked ReLoad better. Load had only a few songs I liked; Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me and Mama Said. ReLoad had seven; Fuel, Memory Remains, Unforgiven II, Carpe Deim Baby, Where the Wild Things Are, Low Mans Lyric and Fixxxer.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 06-01-2012 at 10:22 AM.