Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Decibel Magazine Tour -- Charlotte, NC -- May 4th, 2012

The setlists for this tour have been the same as the other dates for the most part. Credit goes to coltongsmith and Horrendous for the setlists.

Made it to the venue RIGHT as the show began. Horrendous were up first, and I actually found them to be one of my favorite performances of the night. They didn't have any Satanic stage props to flaunt around like the rest of the bands on the tour, but they made up for it by simply playing the hell out of some old school style death metal. The band members were really getting into their performance, which is something I really like to see in a live show. An avalanche of pure riffage segued into moving, passionate lead melodies, which would suddenly transform into ripping, shredding guitar solos, all led by Martin Van Drunen style vocals. A badass way to begin an epic show.

Sleep Sickness (synth intro)
The Mystic
Altars
The Ritual
The Somber (Desolate Winds)
Ripped to Shreds
Interlude (not named)
Fatal Dreams

Following their performance was In Solitude's brand of occult 80's heavy metal. With a dead animal draped around the vocalist's neck, the band charged through a very energetic set, complete with galloping riffs and a King Diamond-esque vocal attack (minus the paint-peeling high notes, of course). I'd say they probably had the least impressive performance out of everyone that night, but that isn't saying much, since everyone on this tour stood out in their own way.

We Were Never Here
The World, The Flesh, The Devil
To Her Darkness
The Witches Sabbath

As I closed in to the front of the venue, The Devil's Blood took the stage, and were literally soaked in blood. As smoke filled the stage, their evil, atmospheric hard rock was spearheaded by Farida's enchanting vocals. These guys really know how to nail the occult, 70's atmosphere, complete with extended jam sessions thrown in arbitrarily in between songs, the highlight of which being the one they threw in at the end of their set during "Christ or Cocaine". Excellent live band.

The Graveyard Shuffle
Evermore
Die the Death
Cruel Lover
Christ or Cocaine

By now the venue was packed full of people. I had heard many great things about Watain's live show on here, so I was already excited to see them hit the stage, which featured animal skulls and bones as props. No roadkill, but I honestly wasn't expecting them to sneak any of it into Amos Southend. Watain then proceeded to explode onto the stage with a storm of furious, intense black metal. Erik had a truly evil presence on stage, as he marched back and forth spitting out blasphemous shrieks. Not much else I can say that hasn't already been said, but these guys DEFINITELY need to be experienced live, whether you like black metal or not.

Malfeitor
Reaping Death
The Serpent's Chalice
Wolves Curse
Waters of Ain

After taking my spot at the front for Behemoth and waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the lights dimmed and they finally hit the stage, barging straight into "Ov Fire and the Void". A lot of people seemed to be somewhat upset with the band's setlist, and I would have liked to hear a song or two from Zos Kias Cultus, but personally, I was just glad to even get to see the band, considering the circumstances and what Nergal had managed to overcome. Everyone sounded in top form, cutting through crowd pleasers like "Slaves Shall Serve" and "Chant For Eschaton 2000", and hearing them translate a few of their early songs like "Moonspell Rites" to a live setting was simply awesome. The highlight of their performance for me was their epic encore with "Lucifer", which truly seemed to bring a powerful, triumphant atmosphere along with it. A simply surreal way to return to a live setting.

Ov Fire and the Void
Demigod
Moonspell Rites
Conquer All
The Thousand Plagues I Witness
Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
The Seed ov I
Decade of Therion
At the Left Hand ov God
Slaves Shall Serve
Chant for Eschaton 2000

Encore:
23 (The Youth Manifesto)
Lucifer

Don't pass up this show if it's coming near you! You will be missing out on a night of pure sonic blasphemy.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Horrendous are so fucking good. I'd go to this show just for them.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

Fantastic review. Thanks!

10/30 - King Diamond
12/08 - Opeth / In Flames / Red Fang
Old 05-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
I'd say they probably had the least impressive performance out of everyone that night, but that isn't saying much, since everyone on this tour stood out in their own way.
I felt the same. All of the bands really kicked ass and it was hard to pick a favorite. And that's awesome you got Horrendous as an opener!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
How're yeh?

what time did Behemoth end?

Tags
behemoth, horrendous, in solitude, the devil's blood, watain