Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Jochen Jochen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 425
The first five songs are great, and I like the idea of doing the album backwards, but Seek should be changed out, maybe they should just end with One?
__________________
9/20 - Overkill or Nik Turner (or both!)
9/23 - King Crimson
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
The first five songs are great, and I like the idea of doing the album backwards, but Seek should be changed out, maybe they should just end with One?
Creeping Death should be the regular closer. It's sad that the song is not a set staple anymore like it should be.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,740
Blog Entries: 25
Can't wait to check out those debuts.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
>2009+3
>still hating on Fuel

grow up kiddo
Still hating on Fuel. I will not change.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,397
Meh, not a fan of playing the album backwards; it'd be a lot cooler if they opened with Sandman, did the album then do 8 songs at the end....I do dig them bringing back the snake pit

Also James is wearing a bad ass vest in most of the photos from the tour page

http://www.metallica.com/images/2012...0712_pic12.jpg
__________________
10/24- King Diamond
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,239
^ I don't know what's more embarrassing, their performance or the attempt to act like they're anything other than a bunch of fat and happy over the hill fucks cashing in on their past success.
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
LIVEtoROCK86 LIVEtoROCK86 is offline
The guy behind the guy, behind the guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 97
I'm down with hearing three songs they've never done before live. I find it hard to believe people are complaining about this set.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:01 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,001
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
^ I don't know what's more embarrassing, their performance or the attempt to act like they're anything other than a bunch of fat and happy over the hill fucks cashing in on their past success.
Meshuggah will be the opener for the next tour. And their success isn't in the past. You can hate them all you want, but they are still selling out every seat in the house.

And they are not fat, it's kinda pathetic that some anti Metallica people can't debate in a reasonable way. How old are you?

I can whine for hours about Maiden's lesser records if you don't mind.

__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

Last edited by MetalIsArt; 05-08-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:20 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Meshuggah will be the opener for the next tour. And their success isn't in the past. You can hate them all you want, but they are still selling out every seat in the house.

And they are not fat, it's kinda pathetic that some anti Metallica people can't debate in a reasonable way. How old are you?

I can whine for hours about Maiden's lesser records if you don't mind.

Tony's comment seems completely reasonable. You're the one giving a knee-jerk reaction. Let me get this straight though, any band who sells out shows right now isn't cashing in on past successes? Ha.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:24 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,001
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Tony's comment seems completely reasonable. You're the one giving a knee-jerk reaction. Let me get this straight though, any band who sells out shows right now isn't cashing in on past successes? Ha.
They made their OWN decision to make Load & Re-Load, not "BOB ROCK TEH DESTROYUR". We are 15 years later now.


I'm proud to be a Metallica fan, despite crapulu.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008