Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

What did Roadrunner ever have to do with Metallica?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 AM
N00B

This is probably a really, really stupid question, but can someone explain to me what the closing of specific regional offices means to the bands that are on Roadrunner themselves? Does this mean that with the Canadian, UK, and German offices being closed that Roadrunner won't be able to distribute there anymore? That Warner Music themselves will just distribute there? That they can't just sign bands from those areas, or have to find some other means to sign bands from there? Or will this have no direct effect on the bands and just make it harder to promote, market, or just do any of their activities in those territories? (e.g. will Roadrunner US now have to handle promotion and marketing stuff in Canada, another European office having to help out in the UK, etc.)

The main reason i'm asking is because a lot of the bands mentioned only are signed to Roadrunner for distribution in certain territories. I know Roadrunner doesn't handle Nickelback in Canada. Bands like Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Shadows Fall have never been with Roadrunner for North American distribution (to my knowledge at least). For bands that are signed with Roadrunner for worldwide distribution, does that mean they have to sign with new labels to get their albums out in Canada and the UK, or do the other existing offices have to just do more work in order for that to happen (that's kind of the same question in the first paragraph, but yeah)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
What did Roadrunner ever have to do with Metallica?
Haha, beat me right to it. I thought they pretty much went from Megaforce right to Elektra after Ride the Lightning or something.