Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014

Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM
That Guy

I used to be the biggest wrestling fan anyone could ever meet. From age 3-12 no one could have been a bigger wrestling fan for both WWF and WCW, and in the later parts ECW when it was on TNN.

I still have a lot of the knowledge of those years in my head, although some of it is gone. Hearing about Buff Bagwell today kinda really killed my day.

This is still the instant that kill wrestling for me and haven't been able to enjoy it since:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpdBoqLJ68
Old 04-25-2012, 04:15 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
This is still the instant that kill wrestling for me and haven't been able to enjoy it since:

YES! YES!!! That's the one! You and me both, brother! That scene changed my best friend and I forever.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I used to be the biggest wrestling fan anyone could ever meet. From age 3-12 no one could have been a bigger wrestling fan for both WWF and WCW, and in the later parts ECW when it was on TNN.

I still have a lot of the knowledge of those years in my head, although some of it is gone. Hearing about Buff Bagwell today kinda really killed my day.

Yeah, that was one of the more "what the fuck?" things they've ever done. I don't mind stupid shit like this being done when it's just some useless undercard people involved in it. What turns me off is when they do dumb shit like that at the main event level. A perfect example is when HHH fueded with Kane for the world title like ten years ago and accused Kane of necrophilia with his ex-girlfriend. Which resulted in a lot of awful backstage video stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcBOB_xGW5I

The video was edited but you get the point.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

So theres are chance that May 11th I'm going to see Resistance Pro. It's Billy Corigans promotion that he runs with Raven and some other guys. Vader is the special guest and I will buy the VIP tickets to get front row and do a meet and greet with Corigan, Vader, Raven, Rhyno (who I've met 2 or 3 times), and others. Really want to see Vader and dying to meet Raven.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

GUYS GUYS

did u no wrestling is fake
Old 04-25-2012, 11:08 PM

Been a pro wrestling fan since I was a kid. My stance on pro wrestling is the same as my stance on metal: Some people like it and some people don't. I've seen the WWE live 4 times (Only house shows since that's all that comes here but it is on my bucket list to go to WrestleMania at least once). I used to love TNA but these days I think it's garbage. Got in to wrestling when some friends showed me WCW back in the day.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Was more into the video games than I was the TV shows. I was into it from 92-94, before Doink The Clown made me ashamed to watch it.

Gotten back into it recently, though I've been watching it's history moreso than following current events.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Yeah, I was at Wrestlemania X8, Rock's ass got boo'd hard. I almost went to Wrestlemania VI but tickets were too expensive and I don't think my dad wanted to go anyway.

I also saw Summerslam 2004, Unforgiven 2006 and a bunch of Raw's and Smackdowns between 2002 and 2008, all in Toronto. Not to mention house shows. I probably saw the WWE live 20 times. I can't wait for my son to be old enough to want to got see them.

I saw a TNA PPV in Oshawa too, I think it was No Surrender 2008? I had really good seats four rows back and there was a really good ladder match between Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal.
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Yeah, you're wrong about everything bro. Czw was started by John Zandig, who wrestled in Japan. Later in it's history, they would bring some old ECW talent in for some shows, but for the most part, CZW was started using almost exclusive talent from the wrestling school they ran.

And on your average CZW card, there would only be one or two hardcore matches tops, the rest is some of the best wrestling from some of the best wrestlers in the country. Yeah, a lot of their brutal stuff is over done here and there, but it's an alternative to the traditional wrestling fans, and CZW caters to all wrestling fans. Seriously, they've had some of the best techical wrestling matches I've ever seen.
I don't know what tape he had, maybe it was some "CZW's Most EXTREME matches" or something but it really wasn't too great. I'm sure they had some good stuff but their extreme was just
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

If I didn't work Sunday night the WWE PPV is like 15 minutes away from me with the two big matches being

Brock Lesner vs John Cena
Chris Jericho vs CM Punk (Chicago Street Fight)

Those would be awesome to see.