The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
you mean Grown Men In Underwear - The Soap Opera?
This.
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 PM
That Guy

Old 04-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
hahah I know you know about wrestling.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I was huge into wrestling as a kid from about 1984-1992, then lost track until 1998. Then it got so interesting and I was into it again until early 2009. I'd watch it to this day but I work nights and have other things to do. And I'll agree that the product has gone downhill since early 2009 with only a few flashes of brilliance to sedate the hardcore fans (Nexus' first invasion, CM Punk quitting last summer). Micheal Cole played a big part in my stopping watching. too. He's gotten better lately but that character they had him playing around Wrestlemania XXVIII was brutal. The only PPV I watch last year was the Royal Rumble and the guy fucking made it unbearable.

CZW; from what I remember that was just a rip-off of the extreme side of ECW, and one of the worst shows I've seen in my life. Anyone can jump off a twenty foot cage and land in a pile of broken glass. Seeing that in ECW was awesome because they never overdid it, but the one CZW tape I saw was just two hours of homeless people killing themselves. ECW would have that shit, but throw in awesome wrestling at the same time.

Wrestling fans have to be one of the worst bunch. You can say you liked Brock Lesnars return last week and twenty of them will swarm you and tell you that you're wrong and here's why. I was on a wrestling board for a long time (still a member) but I had to stop posting. I was just sick of people telling me why I didn't like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I really could go on for hours about wrestling. I still love it.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

I still watch it even tho most of the story lines are stupid.
I'm a big fan of CM Punk.
Not a TNA fan,tho they have the best wrestlers I just find it boring.
I'm also big on Lucha Libre.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I was huge into wrestling as a kid from about 1984-1992, then lost track until 1998. Then it got so interesting and I was into it again until early 2009. I'd watch it to this day but I work nights and have other things to do. And I'll agree that the product has gone downhill since early 2009 with only a few flashes of brilliance to sedate the hardcore fans (Nexus' first invasion, CM Punk quitting last summer). Micheal Cole played a big part in my stopping watching. too. He's gotten better lately but that character they had him playing around Wrestlemania XXVIII was brutal. The only PPV I watch last year was the Royal Rumble and the guy fucking made it unbearable.

CZW; from what I remember that was just a rip-off of the extreme side of ECW, and one of the worst shows I've seen in my life. Anyone can jump off a twenty foot cage and land in a pile of broken glass. Seeing that in ECW was awesome because they never overdid it, but the one CZW tape I saw was just two hours of homeless people killing themselves. ECW would have that shit, but throw in awesome wrestling at the same time.

Wrestling fans have to be one of the worst bunch. You can say you liked Brock Lesnars return last week and twenty of them will swarm you and tell you that you're wrong and here's why. I was on a wrestling board for a long time (still a member) but I had to stop posting. I was just sick of people telling me why I didn't like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I really could go on for hours about wrestling. I still love it.
Wasn't CZW made by one of the wrestlers from ECW and had like 80% of the roster? I think I have a bunch of CZW dvds.

Also if anyone has Netflix on the instant queue they have a bunch of good wrestling dvds.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

It's a really bummer that TNA took such a nose dive once Hulk Hogan became so active in it. I remember when it first came out that it was awesome. Tons of new faces, a few older guys making appearances, it was entertainment. But now it is just so stale and doing what WWE does by having the same shit every week. Same faces, same matches, everything. Their backstage segments are weak too with the whole "Hidden camera around the corner" perspective.

They shouldn't have improved their production and kept it how it used to be

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post

Yeah, you're wrong about everything bro. Czw was started by John Zandig, who wrestled in Japan. Later in it's history, they would bring some old ECW talent in for some shows, but for the most part, CZW was started using almost exclusive talent from the wrestling school they ran.

And on your average CZW card, there would only be one or two hardcore matches tops, the rest is some of the best wrestling from some of the best wrestlers in the country. Yeah, a lot of their brutal stuff is over done here and there, but it's an alternative to the traditional wrestling fans, and CZW caters to all wrestling fans. Seriously, they've had some of the best techical wrestling matches I've ever seen.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Concert Veteran

Has anyone ever attended a Wrestlemania? I went to Wrestlemania 18 at the Toronto skydome in 2002. Considering i've been a fan since I saw Randy Savage beat Tito Santana for the Intercontinental title back in 1985 it was pretty big for me that I got to attended a Mania.

It was a really great experience to be in the audience especially to witness Hogan vs The Rock. To hear that annoying piece of crap The Rock get booed out of the building like he rightfully should be was great Pretty solid card overall from what i remember, RVD beat Regal for the IC title, Angle/Kane, Steve Austin/Scott Hall, Edge/Booker T, Undertaker/Flair and HHH/Jericho for the WWF undisputed championship was the main event.

I also attended the fan access at the CNE they had that weekend. My brother and I got to meet and get autographs from Ric Flair, The Big Show and Chris Benoit. I actually spoke to Benoit for a minute to because it was the end of the day and there wasn't anybody around. He was out with and injury and the time and I was telling him I was looking forward to him coming back. After the way his life ended it's kind of odd to think back on it and realise I had a brief conversation with a murderer. In recent years i've faded in and out when it comes to watching the weekly shows but the Benoit family tragedy almost made me stop watching completely.

Anyways, Wrestlemania is quite an experience to attend and if the last three or four of them hadn't sucked I would recommend that any WWE fan attend one at some point.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 04-25-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Yeah, you're wrong about everything bro. Czw was started by John Zandig, who wrestled in Japan. Later in it's history, they would bring some old ECW talent in for some shows, but for the most part, CZW was started using almost exclusive talent from the wrestling school they ran.

And on your average CZW card, there would only be one or two hardcore matches tops, the rest is some of the best wrestling from some of the best wrestlers in the country. Yeah, a lot of their brutal stuff is over done here and there, but it's an alternative to the traditional wrestling fans, and CZW caters to all wrestling fans. Seriously, they've had some of the best techical wrestling matches I've ever seen.
I've been dying to get into CZW, but never got the chance. The most I've ever seen are the episodes of Botchamania that feature all the botches from CZW (which I recommend every past and present wrestling fan to watch, there are over 200 of them now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Has anyone ever attended a Wrestlemania?
I was at Wrestlemania 19 when it was here in Seattle. It was so much fun. Limp Bizkit was the musical guest and the entire Safeco Field errupted in a "Boo" when they played. Also got to witness the Brock Lesnar Shooting Star Press botch live, it really didn't look as bad as it did on TV.... but damn... OUCH.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com