Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #11  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,860
Blog Entries: 19
you mean Grown Men In Underwear - The Soap Opera?
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:01 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,743
I stopped watching WWE and TNA. I focus more on the Indys now, especially the Southern California ones. If you guys want good wrestling, check out CZW!
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I stopped watching WWE and TNA. I focus more on the Indys now, especially the Southern California ones. If you guys want good wrestling, check out CZW!
My brother is one of the biggest wrestling geeks I know, he swears by CZW and ROH. no bullshit wrestling, right there!
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
you mean Grown Men In Underwear - The Soap Opera?
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 PM
RAZOR's Avatar
RAZOR RAZOR is offline
beware of the quiet one
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,110
I haven't actually sat down and watched wrestling since the early 2000's. I'll flip it on every now and then but it's always so silly I turn it off.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 PM
scream4icecream scream4icecream is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I stopped watching WWE and TNA. I focus more on the Indys now, especially the Southern California ones. If you guys want good wrestling, check out CZW!
PWG is about as good as it gets for Independent wrestling nowadays, I used to love CZW back when they had guys like Steen, Generico, Hero & Necro Butcher, about 2004-2008 i'd say. It's still a lot of fun but it's gone downhill in recent years with most of the names jumping to the WWE.
__________________
2.24- Cradle of Filth
5.23-26- MDF
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,640
I actually drove to Iowa with my dad last summer for the wrestling hall of fame inductions at the wrestling museum there. Got to hang out and meet such greats as Terry Funk (nicest guy I've ever met (twice)), Jim Ross, Jerry Briscoe, Hacksaw Jim Duggon, Mick Foley (asshole of the year), Mad Dog Vachune, Larry "The Axe" Henning, and Baron Von Rashke! among a few others I can't remember. But got to do a meet and greet, watch a roundtable discussion with them, then hang out with them in a conference hall before going to dinner with them all and doing the induction ceremony.

Coolest thing ever was getting to ride in a elevator with my dad , Terry Funk, and I and get to talk and joke around with him.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,778
My brother and I grew up idolizing guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, Jake Roberts, etc. I continued watching with mild interest throughout the 90's and enjoyed watching the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker. When I started college my roommate and I would religiously get right baked every Monday night and watch Raw. Then one fateful Monday, Mae Young gave birth to a goddamn bloody rubber hand. WTF? That episode of Raw stopped that ritual right there. Weirdest, stupidest shit I've ever seen.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
My brother and I grew up idolizing guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, Jake Roberts, etc. I continued watching with mild interest throughout the 90's and enjoyed watching the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker. When I started college my roommate and I would religiously get right baked every Monday night and watch Raw. Then one fateful Monday, Mae Young gave birth to a goddamn bloody rubber hand. WTF? That episode of Raw stopped that ritual right there. Weirdest, stupidest shit I've ever seen.
We need to get MPF in here, he has some fucked up Mae Young clips.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by scream4icecream View Post
PWG is about as good as it gets for Independent wrestling nowadays, I used to love CZW back when they had guys like Steen, Generico, Hero & Necro Butcher, about 2004-2008 i'd say. It's still a lot of fun but it's gone downhill in recent years with most of the names jumping to the WWE.
I can't think of any CZW wrestler that has gone to WWE?
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008